Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  85
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Garry Hincks

Post Thanks / Like

Garry Hincks

I think we have all met or seen Garry at games over the years, for anyone who doesn't know he is the guy who has been to all games since the 70s he lives in Portland and is a great bloke to chat to, just wondering if he is a life member and could he possibly be made one?
    I think the club should embrace this guy in some way and use him for membership adds etc
    The club must know of him and I hope really appreciate his dedication.
    Does anyone have any information if the club looks after this guy in some way, he certainly deserves it.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes Eastdog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garry Hincks

ledge, to be honest I don't know who he is.

Why are you posting this? Not a crack, but by your post it seems he may be in some form of distress or trouble?

Post Thanks / Like

He wears like a white chefs hat sits in his own mainly on level three.
    He has had a few articles written about him, it's over 900 games he has seen in a row now, he would be in his late 60s I would think now
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough.

After a quick google search I know who you're talking about.

Why do you feel he needs recognition?

Post Thanks / Like

Well I think that's the ultimate supporter.
    Don't you think that's one hell of a run?
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes Eastdog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ledge is on the right path, the club needs to grasp these type of supporters and not only show them some gratitude for being so loyal but also it becomes a great PR story that could result in members that don't go because we are unlikely to win making the effort.

He would have witness a lot of bad times over the years yet he still kept going.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Great call Ledge. Garry Hincks's commitment to attending Western Bulldog games is larger than life. Travelling from Portland to Etihad to see one game is a significant journey, but to do it from Portland to Darwin, Perth and everywhere between without missing a game for decades, to witness mainly losses, is a greater commitment than marriage. It would be a tragedy if it was not rewarded with life membership and used to sell memberships.

Post Thanks / Like

I want yo know how people do it while having a job.thats a feat in itself and for so long without success, this bloke should be the mascot !
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough.

His support and dedication is outstanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure the club flew Garry to London for our exhibition game against Port a couple of years ago. I haven't met him but Garry doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke that would enjoy the spotlight.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Saw Garry in the Standing Room section today down at Geelong. One the great Club characters.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't met him but I've heard of Garry and yes he is a great Bulldog supporter. Now that's dedication to travel all the way from Portland to see us play.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

[CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

I remember reading about Garry many years ago. I've got a feeling that he actually lived outside of Portland and had to get a lift there. I think he said at the time that to get to a game at Waverley he would get up at 4am. God knows what time he would have got home. Now i don't know about you but the thought of going to Waverley mid winter never, ever filled me with joy. And the drive home after a thrashing was soul destroying.

Post Thanks / Like

Hincks is Bulldog through and through

We love milestone games in football.

Jason Johannisen will play his fiftieth game in the red, white and blue this weekend and skipper Bob Murphy will at some point this season clock the magical 300-game mark.

But there’s a different kind of milestone being reached at Etihad Stadium this weekend, and it’ll be celebrated in the stands by a small band of Bulldogs supporters and one special man.

Garry Hincks attended his first Bulldogs game back in 1974 when he was 30-years-old.

Since then Garry has not missed a single Bulldogs game.

That makes 950 straight games in total – including interstate games.

Gary’s 72-years-old now and lives in Portland which makes his record even more remarkable.

Jason Johannisen wouldn’t be born for another 18 years when Gary first took his seat at a Bulldogs game, and even the birth of our current skipper was still 8 years away.

But Gary will be there this weekend, cheering them both on in his familiar chef’s hat against the Hawks, and he’ll be back to do it all over again next week.

Wherever you take in this weekend’s Bulldogs game, spare a thought for Gary, people like him are what football is all about.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes Bulldog4life, 1eyedog, merantau, Eastdog liked this post