Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  85
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Garry Hincks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garry Hincks

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    That was my thoughts as he is in the high risk category and he use public transport to go to games.
    Send a defence force chopper in to extract him safely and get him to games!

Team, we have a very special task for the next couple of months. Has everyone got their PPE? It's time to head to Portland!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It was all based in Melbourne back then Easty. The most distant place you got to go to was Geelong.
    Yep that’s right TD all at the old grounds but I believe Hose lived in the country area in the 70s early 80s and travelled to Melbourne to watch the games.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 15-03-2020 at 10:49 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

4. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    It is just amazing commitment. It probably was similar for you Hose back in the day going to our games from the country.
    To be honest i could normally make the Western oval in 90 minutes. Waverley was a bit of a nightmare because i would get a bit lost on the way there and be in such a rush that i'd neglect to check where i'd parked. Then i'd come out after the game and have to wait in fading light for the other cars to empty out of the car park to find mine. And we mostly lost. Happy Days.

Nah, Gary is on another level.

6. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    To be honest i could normally make the Western oval in 90 minutes. Waverley was a bit of a nightmare because i would get a bit lost on the way there and be in such a rush that i'd neglect to check where i'd parked. Then i'd come out after the game and have to wait in fading light for the other cars to empty out of the car park to find mine. And we mostly lost. Happy Days.

Nah, Gary is on another level.
    Oh man. Semi final day V St Kilda in 1992 and on the way somebody had the brilliant idea of dropping into one of our connections in St Kilda and scoring some mull for the trip. We ended up nearly getting arrested in Warrigul road because we'd tapped into our supply and failed to notice (according to the cops) THREE complete traffic light rotations.

After the game we spent nearly 3 hours of celebrating time staggering around knee deep in the mud looking for the bloody car in the car park. It was OK tough because we had a heap of hashish... Although looking back now it might have been the shitloads of Hash we kept smoking that made finding the car so difficult.

8. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yep that’s right TD all at the old grounds but I believe Hose lives in the country area in the 70s early 80s and travelled to Melbourne to watch the games.
    Good recall Easty! You could host 'This is your Life'.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good recall Easty! You could host 'This is your Life'.
    I remember from the thread about woofers VFL matchday trips. Docklands much better compared to Waverley closer to the action and well served by public transport. Waverley really didn't have that - it wasn't as well connected and not in a central area like Docklands.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man. Semi final day V St Kilda in 1992 and on the way somebody had the brilliant idea of dropping into one of our connections in St Kilda and scoring some mull for the trip. We ended up nearly getting arrested in Warrigul road because we'd tapped into our supply and failed to notice (according to the cops) THREE complete traffic light rotations.

After the game we spent nearly 3 hours of celebrating time staggering around knee deep in the mud looking for the bloody car in the car park. It was OK tough because we had a heap of hashish... Although looking back now it might have been the shitloads of Hash we kept smoking that made finding the car so difficult.
    Crikey! I never even considered dope and footy as being suitable bedfellows. Cricket maybe.

That was an amazing afternoon. I still remember standing on the seat with another bulldog fan after the game belting out the club song.

But we digress.

Post Thanks / Like

Crikey! I never even considered dope and footy as being suitable bedfellows. Cricket maybe.

That was an amazing afternoon. I still remember standing on the seat with another bulldog fan after the game belting out the club song.

But we digress.
    Last match at Whitten oval and I run into a couple of my cousins-one of whom grows the best dope this side of Bangladesh. "lat's go" one of them said and I said "Best idea I've heard today but where can we go?" One of my cuz says 'No worries, I know the food van guy, he will let us jump in the back of one of the vans" so we asked and he said no worries and in the back we hopped.

Problem was the kid who was supposed to hang around and let us out when we were finished got distracted and wandered away. We had to shout and bang on the walls until a very amused looking copper opened up the doors of the van and said "what are you blokes up to?" but just as he said it the big fight broke out on the field and he rushed off to have a look.

14. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Must have been that black Afghanie stuff dusted with white powder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Must have been that black Afghanie stuff dusted with white powder.
    It could have been fairy dust in the end...

Post Thanks / Like

It took them three traffic light rotations to prop you in the first place?

Times have changed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    It took them three traffic light rotations to prop you in the first place?

Times have changed.
    It was more that it took us 3 rotations to notice the blues and twos. I remember the copper pointing it out. "Do you five know how long you were sitting there with us trying to catch ypour attention?"

Post Thanks / Like

An exception should be made for the Cavarras and Hincks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    An exception should be made for the Cavarras and Hincks
    Apparently debutants can have immediate family there. The email from PG and Ameet says Hincks won’t be.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Apparently debutants can have immediate family there. The email from PG and Ameet says Hincks won’t be.

That is shit from the club. The club should've lobbied hard to make Gary front and centre behind the goals.

On the flipside, I'm kinda glad Gary wasn't made to watch that by himself.