2014 AFL - Round 18 Discussion

Round 18 Fixture

Date Home vs Away Venue AEST Local TV

Fri 18 Jul Carlton v North Melbourne Etihad Stadium 7:50pm 7:50pm Seven

Sat 19 Jul St Kilda v Fremantle Dockers Etihad Stadium 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Sat 19 Jul GWS Giants v Geelong Cats GIANTS Stadium 7:40pm 7:40pm Seven

Sun 20 Jul Port Adelaide v Melbourne Adelaide Oval 1:10pm 12:40pm Foxtel

Sun 20 Jul Western Bulldogs v Essendon Etihad Stadium 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Fri 25 Jul West Coast Eagles v Richmond Patersons Stadium 8:40pm 6:40pm Seven

Sat 26 Jul Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns Gabba 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Sat 26 Jul Hawthorn v Sydney Swans MCG 7:40pm 7:40pm Seven

Sun 27 Jul Collingwood v Adelaide Crows MCG 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 AFL - Round 18 Discussion

Love seeing North lose even if it is to Carlton.

There are a heap of Norf players who could easily become part of the Commonwealth Diving team. They're a disgrace in that regard.

Post Thanks / Like

Teah. Friday night, North losing. It doesn't get much better than this.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I concur.

Love seeing these bunch of flogs lose. Has there ever been a bigger bunch of pretenders?
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

When we don't have any Friday night games of our own.

Post Thanks / Like

Just such a nothing team Norf. They can't work out if they're all out attack, or defensive focused. They rave about how great their senior players are, but they go missing every 3rd week. They don't make excuses for poor performances, yet Brad Scott blames everything from the umpires to stadium management when they lose. They're the king of the cheap shot off the ball but have players diving and sooking to the umpires every week.

They're everyone's tip every year to be the break out team and every year they produce *!*!*!*! all. I for one am just glad Brad Scott has 8 more years of leading them into the wilderness left on his current contract.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Just such a nothing team Norf. They can't work out if they're all out attack, or defensive focused. They rave about how great their senior players are, but they go missing every 3rd week. They don't make excuses for poor performances, yet Brad Scott blames everything from the umpires to stadium management when they lose. They're the king of the cheap shot off the ball but have players diving and sooking to the umpires every week.

They're everyone's tip every year to be the break out team and every year they produce *!*!*!*! all. I for one am just glad Brad Scott has 8 more years of leading them into the wilderness left on his current contract.
    I think you'll find he got another 4 year extension after the match.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Their best player is 86 years old. Harvey excluded, no other team has a senior core who are so ineffective in influencing tight games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I concur.

Love seeing these bunch of flogs lose. Has there ever been a bigger bunch of pretenders?
    Agree except when its Carlton winning.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Their best player is 86 years old. Harvey excluded, no other team has a senior core who are so ineffective in influencing tight games.
    And yet they rave about blokes like Ziebell who continually go missing
    Last edited by lemmon; 19-07-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This shites me. They've chucked three massive KPF superstars in Cameron, Patton and Boyd (plus Tomlinson and others) who all look bloody amazing and there's nobody watching them. It's like the Salvation Army running meals and handing out $100 notes to light free Cuban cigars. I'm not sure what annoys me more, that we've been denied one of those kids or no one turning up to watch such kids...

I'd go after any of them.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This shites me. They've chucked three massive KPF superstars in Cameron, Patton and Boyd (plus Tomlinson and others) who all look bloody amazing and there's nobody watching them. It's like the Salvation Army running meals and handing out $100 notes to light free Cuban cigars. I'm not sure what annoys me more, that we've been denied one of those kids or no one turning up to watch such kids...

I'd go after any of them.
    Only reason I watched the footy tonight was to catch a look at the holy trinity, wasn't dissapointed. I can't see GWS hanging onto all three, it's not Dunstall and Brereton or Carey and Longmire where there's a champion and his offsider it's three potential champs in the one forward fifty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Only reason I watched the footy tonight was to catch a look at the holy trinity, wasn't dissapointed. I can't see GWS hanging onto all three, it's not Dunstall and Brereton or Carey and Longmire where there's a champion and his offsider it's three potential champs in the one forward fifty.
    I caught the last 10 minutes and Boyd looks more than good enough too. The other clubs will come raiding, I hope we are one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone think of a team that's managed to fit three genuine match winning forwards into their forward line? I can only think of teams lucky enough to have two. Brereton and Dunstall, Nash and Pratt, Carey and Longmire,

If it all had worked out in the early '80s we.would have had Templeton at CHF and Beasley in the square in 1985. That's the closest we've come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Can anyone think of a team that's managed to fit three genuine match winning forwards into their forward line? I can only think of teams lucky enough to have two. Brereton and Dunstall, Nash and Pratt, Carey and Longmire,

If it all had worked out in the early '80s we.would have had Templeton at CHF and Beasley in the square in 1985. That's the closest we've come.
    Sydney this year have at some points had Tippett, Franklin, Goodes and Reid roll through there with relative success.

If GWS get all three of those guys to buy in then it could be their point of difference, but they (Boyd, Cameron and Patton) will all have to make big sacrifices to their natural games if they are to co-exist. Patton looks most capable of playing CHF to me, with Boyd being the man mountain, Kurt Tippett-like proposition out of the goal square and Cameron being a natural goal kicker without racking up big numbers. Based on that, I think it will be either Boyd or Cameron that leaves.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'