Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  86
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting to the Whitten Oval on matchdays in the VFL days and Early AFL days

Hopefully the dry chips are an abberition that won't happen again. I can't handle dry chips

Other than that it's all good news. I'm with you Webby one of the reasons we had a poor year on field was because the Vic was closed. It's open now, we will win the flag,
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Unsure of where to post this, so....

Q'n) Do we consider Port Melbourne to be in the western suburbs or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

Cool question. Port Melbourne is south west of the CBD so I reckon yes/no kind of like Moonee Ponds if it is north or west. Footscray and the inner west west of the Maribyrnong definite Bulldog territory.

The inner city suburbs of Flemington, Kensington, Ascot Vale is the inner north west and share it with our rivalries the Roos and Dons.

The suburb of West Melbourne itself - if there is any inner city suburb east of the Maribyrnong that is ours then it is West Melbourne and even Docklands as well
    Last edited by Eastdog; 15-12-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

4. Thanks Webby thanked for this post
    Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Cool question. Port Melbourne is south west of the CBD so I reckon yes/no kind of like Moonee Ponds if it is north or west
    So Moonee Ponds would be between us, North and Essendon, but who else would have claims on Port Melbourne? Demons?
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

6. Thanks Webby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    So Moonee Ponds would be between us, North and Essendon, but who else would have claims on Port Melbourne? Demons?
    Footscray, Seddon, Yarraville = Bulldogs
    Kensington, Flemington, Ascot Vale = Bulldogs, Kangaroos, Bombers
    West Melbourne = Bulldogs
    Port Melbourne = Bulldogs and Saints
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks gents. I'm back home at the Vic now. Better pub. Better area.

Bit of a debate kicked off at a new pub on Bay and Ragland Street... Claimed it as West.. Just to be mischievous.. It's South territory..
    Just between us..

However The Ponds are Dogs territory.. Stuff the Bombers!

Post Thanks / Like

No. I've never heard it described this. And having lived in Port Melbourne I know they would be appalled at the suggestion.

But with the proximity to Willy maybe. It's not really that far albeit the distance is all water.

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are that Port is not western suburbs. Moonee Pnds is not Dogs territory (although Ascot Vale is debatable). But we're playing the long game, here. Long may the Norf, Dons premiership drought continue!!

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are that Port is not western suburbs. Moonee Pnds is not Dogs territory (although Ascot Vale is debatable). But we're playing the long game, here. Long may the Norf, Dons premiership drought continue!!
    No way is Port Melbourne a Bulldogs territory. Moonee Ponds is def not Dogs territory. Kensington, that's close but nah, not Doggy territory either.

A big yes to Footscray (duh), Seddon, Yarraville, Newport, Braybrook, Willy, Sunshine, Altona, Deer Park, Werribee, Hoppers, Point Cook, Melton, all the way to good old Ballarat.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Flemington. My thoughts...

Flemington, Kensington, West Melbourne (North Melbourne station is even there)= North Melbourne
    Ascot Vale, Moonee Ponds= Essendon
    Port Melbourne= Going to give this one to the Dees but really as neutral as it gets.

Post Thanks / Like

We have enough legit territory to squabble over borderlines. Footscray to Sunbury.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I live in Flemington. My thoughts...

Flemington, Kensington, West Melbourne (North Melbourne station is even there)= North Melbourne
    Port Melbourne= Going to give this one to the Dees but really as neutral as it gets.

Port should go to South Melbourne given they are alongside one another. And given that South = Sydney then Port goes to Sydney.

Melbourne don't get a supporters area. It was their view for over 100 years that they didn't need one because wealthy benefactors , the MCC and the state government would always bail them out. They made their bed and their mad scramble to claim areas like Casey as a catchment area shows they have finally realised they need a supporter base.

Post Thanks / Like

Ascot Vale is an interesting one. I certainly think we have some claim there. Maribyrnong I would say is our territory although that mob north of the Maribyrnong would argue they have some claim like with us and Ascot Vale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I live in Flemington. My jetty sand

The other side of racecourse road I reckon. The river is the boundary of the West and the rest.

So;

All the horrible old factorys and ruined buildings and rotting boats and stuff on this side of the river= Us
    All the nice houses with the decking that runs all the way down the banks to their private jettys and pleasure boats on the other side of the river=Essendon.

17. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Ascot Vale is an interesting one. I certainly think we have some claim there. Maribyrnong I would say is our territory although that mob north of the Maribyrnong would argue they have some claim like with us and Ascot Vale.
    Ascot Vale and Maribyrong are Essendon territory
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.