Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  86
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting to the Whitten Oval on matchdays in the VFL days and Early AFL days

Believe me Westy, you don't want to be driving around the inner west if you don't have to. There's lots of traffic, it's prone to gridlock at the drop of a hat and there are lots if insane drivers who view everything as a competition.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Believe me Westy, you don't want to be driving around the inner west if you don't have to. There's lots of traffic, it's prone to gridlock at the drop of a hat and there are lots if insane drivers who view everything as a competition.
    Pre-empting Easty moving to the West?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Pre-empting Easty moving to the West?

The west is awash with Eastys these days.

Post Thanks / Like

So very true TD, so very true...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the train trip I enjoy very easy getting in yesterday although I took the tram in to Southern Cross Station as the trains on my train line (Belgrave/Lilydale line) were replaced by buses. Parking options seem limited near Whitten Oval with the carpark at WO an option and maybe West Footscray station if its not full.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Probably a lot moving to the inner west and north as they are being priced out of buying in the east although the inner north now is very pricey so for people being close to the city at an affordable price the west offers that.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

A few more photos

8. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Probably a lot moving to the inner west and north as they are being priced out of buying in the east although the inner north now is very pricey so for people being close to the city at an affordable price the west offers that.
    Some cheap warehouse living around Tottenham apparently

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Some cheap warehouse living around Tottenham apparently

Mate, it'd be cheaper in the Tottenham in London!

Post Thanks / Like

Tottenham is mostly an industrial suburb I believe. Braybrook is residential along with the other suburbs in the City of Maribyrnong. Brooklyn I believe is more on the industrial side but has residential as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Tottenham is mostly an industrial suburb I believe. Braybrook is residential along with the other suburbs in the City of Maribyrnong. Brooklyn I believe is more on the industrial side but has residential as well.

Totty is mostly residential these days, most of the factory's have closed but with the Westgate tunnel going through a lot of houses may well have to go. 20 years ago when I was looking to buy a hide a mate of mine who works in real estate warned me to not buy on the Paramount rd side of Tottenham because they were subject to compolsury acquisition.

Brooklyn is being turned into a huge housing estate, most of the parkland along Francis st is being redeveloped now. In fact I drove past a plot last week that had been levelled the day before and the day after they put a new building up. Mum was in the car with me and said "how King has that building been there?" I had to admit that I had drove past the day before and it wasn't there then.

Braybrook is, well, it's Braybrook where the locals all have the postcode tattooed on their necks!

Post Thanks / Like

Totty is mostly residential these days, most of the factory's have closed but with the Westgate tunnel going through a lot of houses may well have to go. 20 years ago when I was looking to buy a hide a mate of mine who works in real estate warned me to not buy on the Paramount rd side of Tottenham because they were subject to compolsury acquisition.

Brooklyn is being turned into a huge housing estate, most of the parkland along Francis st is being redeveloped now. In fact I drove past a plot last week that had been levelled the day before and the day after they put a new building up. Mum was in the car with me and said "how King has that building been there?" I had to admit that I had drove past the day before and it wasn't there then.

Braybrook is, well, it's Braybrook where the locals all have the postcode tattooed on their necks!
    Ah, Braybrook and Tottenham. My heart beats faster at the very mention of those magical names. A Braybrook childhood and a Tottenham Tech education were great preparation for the journey called - LIFE. I had a fantastic childhood it the West and would not swap one second of it for somewhere else. We were free to roam far and wide and we did. Albion, Ardeer, Deer Park, Sunshine - West, North and East - St Albans, Braybrook, Maidstone, Tottenham, Brooklyn. This was our playground. We used to take the bus from South Rd to the Western Oval. It was always a great buzz taking the short walk from the Drill Hall to the ground. Away games - it was always the train from Tottenham Station.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Ah, Braybrook and Tottenham. My heart beats faster at the very mention of those magical names. A Braybrook childhood and a Tottenham Tech education were great preparation for the journey called - LIFE. I had a fantastic childhood it the West and would not swap one second of it for somewhere else. We were free to roam far and wide and we did. Albion, Ardeer, Deer Park, Sunshine - West, North and East - St Albans, Braybrook, Maidstone, Tottenham, Brooklyn. This was our playground. We used to take the bus from South Rd to the Western Oval. It was always a great buzz taking the short walk from the Drill Hall to the ground. Away games - it was always the train from Tottenham Station.
    That reminds me. One day not long ago I was complaining to my mum about my daughter and something that she had done, I can't even remember what it was now. Mum looked me in the eye and said "when you were her age, you went to the milk bar around the corner one night. I didn't hear from you for a fortnight. You finally rang me from Sydney"

D'oh!

Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me. One day not long ago I was complaining to my mum about my daughter and something that she had done, I can't even remember what it was now. Mum looked me in the eye and said "when you were her age, you went to the milk bar around the corner one night. I didn't hear from you for a fortnight. You finally rang me from Sydney"

D'oh!
    Thanks for the belly laugh!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

17. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

D'oh!
    Jesus, sounds like one hell of a bender
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016