Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  86
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting to the Whitten Oval on matchdays in the VFL days and Early AFL days

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Good day for it!
    Yep was very nice day today. Not too hot either. Quite the opposite on Friday with that rain.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Just went for a Sunday drive
    ....and possibly a little bit eager for footy to start up!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    ....and possibly a little bit eager for footy to start up!
    Yeah I’m looking forward to the footy and being able to go again that’s for sure.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Good day for it!
    A Sunday you mean? I can't think of a better day for a Sunday drive.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    A Sunday you mean? I can't think of a better day for a Sunday drive.
    So for WO matchdays if the WO carpark is full where would be the best place to park the car nearby. The carpark at the train station on Cross street is another option. Buckingham st is the east direction street only one way and Errol st is the west direction one way off Victoria street I drove Barkly st to the ground on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

So for WO matchdays if the WO carpark is full where would be the best place to park the car nearby. The carpark at the train station on Cross street is another option. Buckingham st is the east direction street only one way and Errol st is the west direction one way off Victoria street I drove Barkly st to the ground on Sunday.
    There's not a lot of spots. When I lived in West Footscray people would park out the front of my house on VFL matchdays and I was a 20 minute walk away from the ground.

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the train will still be your best option on a matchday. As Twodogs says there is very limited parking near the ground.

9. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My plan on VFL match days is to get there early and park in that side street opposite the car dealerships.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah at least now I have 2 options via car or train but yeah parking inevitably is always the issue. Twodogs house could be an option

Post Thanks / Like

My plan on VFL match days is to get there early and park in that side street opposite the car dealerships.
    Southampton st, Everard st, Swan st, Eleanor st I believe. Yeah on Sunday I drove a bit on Eleanor st to get back out to Barkly st going back home.

Post Thanks / Like

Southampton st, Everard st, Swan st, Eleanor st I believe. Yeah on Sunday I drove a bit on Eleanor st to get back out to Barkly st going back home.
    Don't take the bait Comrade, Easty is trying to suss out specifics so he can steal your car spot!
    Last edited by jeemak; 02-02-2021 at 10:48 PM.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Ride my bike from Sunshine, past Tottenham Station down Rupert St to West Footscray and chain it up at VUWO.

2) Park on the Sunshine Rd side of the train station car park.

Back in the day we’d park down Stanlake St and walk, but those streets are chockers these days.

17. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah at least now I have 2 options via car or train but yeah parking inevitably is always the issue. Twodogs house could be an option
    I don't live in Clive st anymore Easty,. That was two houses ago I'm in Yarraville now where I grew up. Just before he died my dad asked me to move back in with my mum. I was undecided about it but she had a fall so my son and I moved in not long after and with covid and all that's happened lately I'm glad we did. I'm still walking distance from the ground though but it's a bit further away. People don't park out the front on Matchday here.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't live in Clive st anymore Easty,. That was two houses ago I'm in Yarraville now where I grew up. Just before he died my dad asked me to move back in with my mum. I was undecided about it but she had a fall so my son and I moved in not long after and with covid and all that's happened lately I'm glad we did. I'm still walking distance from the ground though but it's a bit further away. People don't park out the front on Matchday here.
    Yes sounds like you made a good decision. Yeah I remember you used to live there Twodogs in West Footscray just past Warleigh Road.

Post Thanks / Like

You're one of those latte sipping Yarraville hipsters now, TD?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

21. Likes Eastdog liked this post