Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  86
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting to the Whitten Oval on matchdays in the VFL days and Early AFL days

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Seriously, the Neil's of this world have a lot to answer for.The old diggers who used to drink there would be turning in their graves.

Actually the lentil place isnt bad. I never thought I'd say that about a restaurant called Lentil As Anything but the food is quite good even though they have that "pay how much you think it was worth" policy.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Too easy getting the train to WO and back home again in the east. By the way had a great day out west at WO for my first match day experience. Would love to play in future years one home game there. Had the old school can of beer loved see people carrying two cans on top of each other. We were lucky with the weather. Libba injury was the downer.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

3. Likes Maddog37, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Too easy getting the train to WO and back home again in the east. By the way had a great day out west at WO for my first match day experience. Would love to play in future years one home game there. Had the old school can of beer loved see people carrying two cans on top of each other. We were lucky with the weather. Libba injury was the downer.

Good to hear you enjoyed your experience today Easty. It was a great day in the Whitten oval story given it was our first game there in 17 years.

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Good to hear you enjoyed your experience today Easty. It was a great day in the Whitten oval story given it was our first game there in 17 years.
    Will look back in 10,20,30 years etc at this will be a great moment in the history of the ground. Glad that I went
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

And we sold ihe ground out too Easty.

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually the lentil place isnt bad. I never thought I'd say that about a restaurant called Lentil As Anything but the food is quite good even though they have that "pay how much you think it was worth" policy.
    I went to the one in Collingwood. What a great idea it is. I'll have to drop in next time i go. Being a Veggie food options are limited at the grounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I went to the one in Collingwood. What a great idea it is. I'll have to drop in next time i go. Being a Veggie food options are limited at the grounds.
    Vegetarian? Hmmm. We could scrape all of the meat out of a pie for you.

11. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Vegetarian? Hmmm. We could scrape all of the meat out of a pie for you.
    LOL. Technically I'm probably safe eating a Pie. "There's very little meat in these gym mats"

13. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear you brother. We can form our own support group. The "Cold Chip Alliance"

On a side note, I had a debacle of a day yesterday. Attempting a game on the other side of town at 4:30 with 3 small kids was a huge mistake. The romance of it all was great but my reality yesterday was a crushing bore.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

15. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ended up driving yesterday and drove to the station carpark. It was full but one guy was leaving and I grabbed it, bit of luck really.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't able to make the game, but arriving home to Seddon at 7:30ish - the streets were packed with cars, with plenty of bulldogs clad families making their way home. Looks like it will be tough to park in my street on VFL match days during the year!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey GMo77 - I'm not a vegetarian however quite like veget food & cook it sometimes (my heart says be a veget. however my palate says otherwise). Have you tried buying raw ingredients from great veget. food supplies shop called Vincents in Barkly St - not far from WO, opposite the KFC. The satay chicken uses soy protein and tastes like, well - satay chicken.

Sorry mods for this non dogs post.

Regarding access to WO I loved seeing supporters park a little aways from WO and walk in all their glorious red, white & blue. Great to hear Easty & others found train convenient too. Was great to see a few Dogs Supporters in town & near Queen Vic markets before the game - Go Dogs !!

20. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Southern Cross getting the Sunbury line the train was packed going and coming back.

Post Thanks / Like

On train at dandy to southern cross ,from there jumped on Sunbury line to West Footscray,took about an hoyr and a quarter all up,too easy

23. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Hey GMo77 - I'm not a vegetarian however quite like veget food & cook it sometimes (my heart says be a veget. however my palate says otherwise). Have you tried buying raw ingredients from great veget. food supplies shop called Vincents in Barkly St - not far from WO, opposite the KFC. The satay chicken uses soy protein and tastes like, well - satay chicken.

Sorry mods for this non dogs post.
    Don't live in Footscray but we have places around here I can buy food like that. There is a small Asian Grocery close by that sells a lot of it. My heart was always been Vegetarian just never had the will power to do it and then just one day it clicked and I haven't eaten meat since. I enjoy food so much more now and try so many wonderful types of food as a Vegetarian something I never would have done as a meat eater. It's not for everyone and I'm no preacher but you would be surprised how easy the transition is, it's well worth it.