Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mitch Clark - would you do it?

Just because St Kilda are supposedly into him, doesn't mean that we should dutifully stay away. I'd love us to talk to him and make him an offer that compells him to want to join our club as the go-to key forward. Screw Melbourne and screw supposed ethics of player loyalty. We need to improve our list and bring in some more AFL standard quality, end of story. Otherwise we will be improving at a far slower rate than the expansion clubs - irrespective of having Bont, Macrae, Libba, etc.. We simply need to be bold IMO.

2. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree Sedat, we have to get pro-active.

Post Thanks / Like

If he is in play we would be stupid not to go hard at him. Every side has health and mental issues to deal with, and he doesn't seem like a bad bloke at heart. Plus he is/was a gun! If we traded our Higgins compo to Melbourne for him, it would be a win win.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the HUN St.Kilda haven't spoken to his manager. 3 Clubs have. He wants to go to a successful Club according to the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    According to the HUN St.Kilda haven't spoken to his manager. 3 Clubs have. He wants to go to a successful Club according to the report.
    Yep he will end up at one of Hawthorn, Geelong or North you'd reckon - perhaps Essendon or Collingwood. We would be well off the radar. Still, it is worth an inquiry. A heap of money and a strong culture may be good for him - he seems to like money and you never know we could do what we did in 08 and go from 13th to 3rd in the space of one season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    There is no point. The Aints have PS Draft pick 1 and he's theirs...... and they're welcome to him, to be perfectly honest. All the best to him, but this has typical Sht Kilda debacle written all over it....

We're best left out of it. I hope we tend more towards blue chip than speccies like this one.
    Might strengthen our place in the draft for a young KPF like McCartin / Wright if he was to head to the Saints, unlikely as this outcome might be. Hopefully they pull it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Putting aside all the baggage and never ending injuries, he has extraordinary salary demands for a player who's only managed double figure goals twice in a season in his career and never kicked 30.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

9. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Putting aside all the baggage and never ending injuries, he has extraordinary salary demands for a player who's only managed double figure goals twice in a season in his career and never kicked 30.
    I would be happy to see the club give Mitch Clark a miss. Clark was very well treated by Melbourne, where he is now happy to walk away from. IMO we should be using all our resources to target Sam Reid, who appeals as a far better proposition.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes in a heartbeat, we would be silly not to speak to his manager.

Agree that Sam Reid is someone we should also look at.

Post Thanks / Like

If the detail within the post ripped from the Demons forum is correct, I don't want a bar of him and I suspect he won't a bar of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I was quite bullish on Casboult from a structure perspective, not necessarily the bags of goals perspective, and I think Mitch would suit us in a similar way. He is a natural forward who is also adept in the ruck - we have 3 natural ruckmen on the list currently, none of whom can catch a cold up forward. And if we had a spate of serious injuries to our ruck stocks, Clark has shown he is a quality ruckman when needed as well.

Salary demands of $700k a season would now be off the table for him, but again I'd be quite comfortable with offering him around the $450k a season mark. I don't want polite enquiries, I want us to rattle the cages and shake the trees - we have been so meek and mild-mannered as a club in recent seasons and we need to start being bolder and braver. We have a list composition that is exciting for prospectives like Clark - it's time we started accentuating these positives.

15. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What worries me with Clark is that it seems to be being suggested that he wants to play at a successful club in order to preserve his mental state? If he isn't able to cope with losing games of football then I can't see how he is going to be able to cope with the pressure of AFL full stop, regardless of which club he plays for.

17. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really like him as a player - big no from me. If that post lifted from a Dees forum is true, it leaves a sour taste.
    If he was just uncontracted and looking for a trade, no problems, though you'd consider an injury clause somewhere.
    I do hope rumours of us chasing Sam Reid are true - especially if we lose Jones (slightly off topic, but only just)
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Really like him as a player - big no from me. If that post lifted from a Dees forum is true, it leaves a sour taste.
    If he was just uncontracted and looking for a trade, no problems, though you'd consider an injury clause somewhere.
    I do hope rumours of us chasing Sam Reid are true - especially if we lose Jones (slightly off topic, but only just)
    if Jones said he wants Melboourne, and Clark says he wants the dogs. Who would the winner be, or would that be win/win?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    if Jones said he wants Melboourne, and Clark says he wants the dogs. Who would the winner be, or would that be win/win?
    That would just make Jones a masochist.

21. Likes josie liked this post