Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mitch Clark - would you do it?

Well he says he is over his mental issues - Lets get him checked physically and make an offer.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Well he says he is over his mental issues - Lets get him checked physically and make an offer.
    Yep. 100%
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If it's a trade as being touted what would you be comfortable giving up? I wouldn't be happy with anything over a third round pick to be perfectly honest, we have no idea whether he'll get into a footy club environment again and find he's unable to cope again.

Post Thanks / Like

Worth going for, definitely.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no point. The Aints have PS Draft pick 1 and he's theirs...... and they're welcome to him, to be perfectly honest. All the best to him, but this has typical Sht Kilda debacle written all over it....

We're best left out of it. I hope we tend more towards blue chip than speccies like this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Rumour is that Stkilda are into him .
    Injuries and Mental health issues aside( their big issues)
    He'd be great for us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Rumour is that Stkilda are into him .
    Injuries and Mental health issues aside( their big issues)
    He'd be great for us
    Yep, that would be two years in a row, trading for a player who would immediately be our best forward. The flow on effect for Crameri and others would be massive, it's not just him directly. He can play amazing footy, if his head and feet are fit, i'd love to see us trade two years in a row for a player that would be our best forward.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

One word: He is quite obviously not up to the rigors of AFL and we would be foolish to acquire him.

If we recruit him, it will quickly turn into another entry in Talls of Shame thread.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Via a Melbourne associate of mine, apparently from the Demon fan forum also:

As many of you know, I have excellent contacts in the MFC at administration and board level. Over recent years despite the roll over of staff I have been able to maintain these contacts and often share some of what I am hearing with my fellow heavy hearted Dees members via this forum. After the weekends revelations I did not want to make comment on the MC situation until I had made the contact with my sources. This what I have been told.

The decision to retire from AFL was always with MC health in mind. In reality it was always a break that may have become permanent rather than a retirement. MC always (even at the time of retirement) maintained ambitions to play again, play for the MFC and repay the MFC and its faithful for its investment and support. The decision to retire was ONLY to give MC the best chance of recovery by taking all pressure off him. The full process of playing in 2015 were set out in the retirement discussions. MC only ever expressed complete desire and loyalty to the MFC. As such MFC continued to support MC in the ABSOUTE belief that if fit he would play for MFC. Essentially the ball was left with MC. MC has been in regular contact with fitness staff and coaches and on a MFC derived fitness plan.
    MCs return to physical and mental health has been fantastic. So much so that up until about 2 weeks ago, the MFC were extremely confident he would be recontracted to play for the MFC in 2015. In fact the confidence I was hearing from within the club was much greater than what I expressed on Demonland. MFC were 100% certain that if MC did play it would be only in red & blue and it seemed the only question would be whether to rookie him or place him on the senior list.
    Approx. two weeks ago MC manager was contacted as to whether MC would attend the Best & Fairest and also to initiate contract discussions. Misson had been training with MC that day and had been excited by MC developing fitness. Contact between the club, MC, and his manager has been ongoing and until this point there had been no hint of dissatisfaction or expressed desire to play for anyone else. It was at this time that MC manager let the MFC know that MC did not wish to play for MFC next year and wanted to play for another Melbourne club.
    The club was completely blindsided. Roos had steam coming out of his ears. I have been told by one of my sources that Roos almost blew a blood vessel.

I think its fair to say, that Roos dig in his best fairest speech was directed squarely at MC.

10. Thanks boydogs, Happy Days thanked for this post
    Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting MRM.

I said on this thread and another his actions do not sit right with me.

His values are all $crewed up and he has no concept of team.

Stay away are my thoughts.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have said "yes in a heartbeat" but for one thing... he can't get through a full season.

Forget his mental issues (they can be managed), the bargain he would represent and the fact we'd finally have some structure - he is more fragile than Shaun Higgins.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^

So, with the above in mind, would you bloody well want the bloke??

No way..

There's oh one club for him.... actually, two.. And they both have red and black in their colours, and rumour has it, they're the two front runners..

They're welcome to him. We should shop more upmarket..!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure the bloke that left Brisbane to go home to WA, only to take the cash at Melbourne, and then leave them to deal with depression with their full support and extensive cooperation, only to screw them over the first chance he gets fits the criteria for "good character" that we are after.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Not sure the bloke that left Brisbane to go home to WA, only to take the cash at Melbourne, and then leave them to deal with depression with their full support and extensive cooperation, only to screw them over the first chance he gets fits the criteria for "good character" that we are after.
    Seems a tad harsh and simplistic. Yes he quit Brisbane for cash. He didn't factor in to his thinking the psychological pressure of that cash in the confines of what would be a basket case club and the expectations that price tag would have. He broke down and needed to get out of footy. Maybe, just maybe, in his time out he realised it wasn't footy that was his main stressor but rather playing footy at that basket case club. If that's the case and he wants to play footy again but not at Melbourne, I'm not sure why that makes him lacking in charachter. He hasn't threatened to walk out, he hasn't nominated a specific club and held the club to ransom. If his market value is low it's not by specific design. If he feels like he has something still to achieve in footy and the only way he can do that is a fresh start, then so be it. To suggest those afflicted with mental stresses are lacking in good character because they want a fresh start I think is entirely counter productive to educating the masses about mental illness.

17. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep, that would be two years in a row, trading for a player who would immediately be our best forward. The flow on effect for Crameri and others would be massive, it's not just him directly. He can play amazing footy, if his head and feet are fit, i'd love to see us trade two years in a row for a player that would be our best forward.
    It contradictes what Richardson said about aiming for 2018 -20, Clark will be in his early 30's by then .
    Stkilda also not looking at F/A either.
    Clark if everything was right would be a good fit for us.
    Better than some of the dross served up in our direction .