Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Howard set to be delisted

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I think the whole point of this thread is to criticise the selection panel. Not the player.
    If we can't criticise the decision we'll just walk on eggshells forever.
    Criticise away, I'm not telling you not to. I think there's 10,000 posts or criticism about the issue. How many more is up for everyone else to work out, all I'm saying is I wish him well and will move my attention to other things. Like a Grand Final, father sons, draft and things which are about going forward and not back. All I said was MY intention to change focus, there's no egg shells, say what you like.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough Bulldogtragic, it's just that it was SUCH A HUGE CLANGER it's hard to let go.
    Lest we forget and all that.
    Never again.....never again.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough Bulldogtragic, it's just that it was SUCH A HUGE CLANGER it's hard to let go.
    Lest we forget and all that.
    Never again.....never again.
    I'm hearing ya Dougie, I'm still getting over Koops for Dave Mundy. We could have Fyfe, Barlow & Mundy in another universe. The lesson is trade better, draft better and get better state players. But it's getting to the point where we are furiously agreeing. I've never seen our club, AFL or VFL play in a grand final so I'd rather move on myself, not telling anyone else what to do though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For better or worse Christian, you will be remembered. Good luck with your future endeavours, hopefully you leave as a VFL premiership winner

6. Likes Throughandthrough, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It almost seems like some of the posters on here would be happier if Howard played a stinker in the GF, and cost Footscray the match, by the tone of some of the posts. FFS the young guy was chosen by the dogs, moved to Melbourne away from his very close family and did his best. Obviously in complete hindsight we could have drafted a much better player, but he's still a human, for crying out loud. I Hope he wins a flag with Footscray and has a great match. <<rant over>>

Post Thanks / Like

I think the whole point of this thread is to criticise the selection panel. Not the player.
    If we can't criticise the decision we'll just walk on eggshells forever.
    Personally I hate discussing we should have done this or done that. What I am more concerned about is not repeating mistakes, list management and who will we be drafting this year or next.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly not Howard's fault how this panned out. Big strategy error on the Dogs part, which I think the club has learnt from. First round should be best available/potential stars. Role players (such as a half back flanker with a deadly boot) should be drafted in later rounds. We did it right last draft. Bonti (a star) first, Fuller. (A role player, half back flanker with a deadly boot) late. If Fuller doesn't work out, we haven't really lost out, just rolled the dice and we're unlucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Confirmation on the bulldogs Website that Howard, Goodes and Young will not be retained on the list. Surely that is not the end of it.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to Christian. He'll forever be a Footscray premiership winner.

12. Likes Twodogs, lemmon liked this post
    DISHLICKERS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Good luck to Christian. He'll forever be a Footscray premiership winner.
    De-listings were pretty much expected I would say, no real surprises there.

As for Christian how nice does Footscray Premiership winner sound?

Go the Scray

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DISHLICKERS View Post
    De-listings were pretty much expected I would say, no real surprises there.

As for Christian how nice does Footscray Premiership winner sound?

Go the Scray
    I know his age is a factor but I reckon Goodes is a bit stiff. He's a better player than VFL level. Also interesting that Young got flicked. They must rate Austin ahead of him.

In my book, Howard just lacked intensity to consitently play at the highest level.

What are others thoughts on our two father-son prospects Foster and Cordy. Will we make a play for both?

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to all three, I hope they stay on at Footscray.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Confirmation on the bulldogs Website that Howard, Goodes and Young will not be retained on the list. Surely that is not the end of it.
    There might be a couple more
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Guys, if it's true that Howard is leaving the club lets not have any parting shots at him. He didn't ask to be selected in the first round which has become such a focus and I just hope we can be a bit more generous with our comments. We need to remember there are no sure things with draft selections.

Well said GVGjr..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There might be a couple more
    Are you talking outside of Higgins, jones & wood?
    More of an In Bruges guy?