Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs transform Whitten Oval into new home for women's football

This is a good story and once again shows our commitment to the greater good towards the community and game alike.

The fact this is so closely aligned to the growth priorities of the league should hold our club in good stead at head office, and while this shouldn't be the motivation behind the initiative it would be nice to receive some recognition or reward for effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Great initiative and fantastic news for the club.

Bringing live football back to the WO provides not only great revenue possibilities but also progressive integration with the local community in the west

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Great initiative and fantastic news for the club.

Bringing live football back to the WO provides not only great revenue possibilities but also progressive integration with the local community in the west

Lots of people I spoke to today were positive about it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Fantastic news. WO will now stand for the Women's Oval!
    Sounds good to me.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I love this as it paints us a progressive club who doesn't want to be spoon fed but is intent on making our own future success.

Contrast that with Melbourne and the difference couldn't be starker.
    To be fair to Melbourne on this occasion, it has been us and them who have lead and showcased Women's Football as a curtain raiser to our senior games over the past two seasons.

6. Likes boydogs liked this post
    susie bulldog Guest

you are absolutely correct. It has been the MFC and WB who have lead the way. Debbie Lee at Melbourne Football Club has been a leader in this regard. I look forward to another big game next year when the WB take on MFC. They have beaten us on two occasions.

8. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by susie bulldog View Post
    you are absolutely correct. It has been the MFC and WB who have lead the way. Debbie Lee at Melbourne Football Club has been a leader in this regard. I look forward to another big game next year when the WB take on MFC. They have beaten us on two occasions.
    I think that should give us a priority pick if we have been below them 2 years in a row.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by susie bulldog View Post
    It is proposed by the AFL that by 2020 there will be a women's team at every AFL club. We now have 190,000 young women playing AFL football around Australia. It is the fastest growing female sport in the country. The WB are leading the way yet again.
    I think Susan Alberti should be congratulated for her efforts in driving women's football.

I watched this year's women's game on-line and the physicality and skills were impressive.

The plans for the ground are inspiring. But our club has always been that way going back to the mid '80's when Les Twentyman went to Dennis Galimberti and Mick Malthouse and suggested the 'care for kids' programme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    I think Susan Alberti should be congratulated for her efforts in driving women's football.

I watched this year's women's game on-line and the physicality and skills were impressive.

The plans for the ground are inspiring. But our club has always been that way going back to the mid '80's when Les Twentyman went to Dennis Galimberti and Mick Malthouse and suggested the 'care for kids' programme.
    I love Peter Gordon but will be just as happy if Ms Alberti took the reins. She is hands down one of the best administrators in the country in terms of what she had added to the fabric of our football club. My little girl's love for the Dogs was cemented during that first women's football match at the G. She met Lauren Sparks and was just chuffed that the Doggies were in favour of girls footy.

susie bulldog Guest

Encourage your daughter to learn to play aussie rules. She will have a wonderful time making friends and learning to play the best sport in the country. We have more than 25,000 young women playing AFL in Victoria. Making womens football at our home at VUWO is a fabulous initiative by the WB - go girls - go dogs!

14. Likes boydogs, The Pie Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Great reason to put a fence around the ground. And put a proper scoreboard into the ground.
    Absolutely. The lack of real scoreboard was very noticeable against Willy.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

A great initiative and windfall for the WB and congratulations to Peter Gordon and Sue Alberti and the Board. This will be a great fillip in having the necessary finances that will help showcase the Whitten Oval for NAB matches WRFL finals and Women's League games, together with VFL Finals.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep congrats to all involved. Great stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a tremendous boon for Women's Football, the West of Melbourne and of course the Bulldogs. Great work by all and sundry, now if only we could smash our heritage debt we would be well on our way!..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxson42 View Post
    Wow, what a tremendous boon for Women's Football, the West of Melbourne and of course the Bulldogs. Great work by all and sundry, now if only we could smash our heritage debt we would be well on our way!..
    Now that's a good point, the heritage debt, what happened and where are we at with it ?
    Bring back the biff