Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  521
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1656575859606162636465666768 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed View Post
    I have never watched that. Who is on it and what makes it good?

Totally agree on Robbo. He is unwatchable. Caro and Barrett leave me needing a shower.
    Hosted by Anthony Hudson and Ben Dixon, with David King and Leigh Montagna.

Its more post match annalists and King and Montana give their opinions.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Thanks Uninformed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Hosted by Anthony Hudson and Ben Dixon, with David King and Leigh Montagna.

Its more post match annalists and King and Montana give their opinions.
    Thanks. I will have a look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Watch footy classified . Caro has her own segment called Caros Arrow , what?s that tell you about bullying harrasment in the media ?
    That show is all about singling out players, clubs and putting them down.
    I stopped watching Caro Years ago, same problem, always looking to take someone down or take a club down. As for all the footy pundit shows, its rinse and repeat the same drivel week in week out. If a team loses its because of this and that. and are likley to miss the top 8. if your team wins your now a serious top 8 chance. I like listening to Dermie and Kingy they make some sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I still read some of the articles from some of these journos (not all of them / frequently) and very rarely get an opportunity to watch much of any footy show, so I can’t really comment on the quality of the current productions, however have become apathetic to them over the last 10 years. Reality is family and work commitments taking precedence is unlikely to change and I doubt I’m the target market for these shows. They seem more aimed at under 30’s in some ways (although maybe that’s changing too as locker room culture is no longer much of a thing I believe with younger generations) and others who have more bandwidth due to personal circumstances.

For purely entertainment purposes and if you don’t buy into them too much I’m sure they’re fine.
    Last edited by Go_Dogs; 30-03-2024 at 02:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Watch footy classified . Caro has her own segment called Caros Arrow , what?s that tell you about bullying harrasment in the media ?
    That show is all about singling out players, clubs and putting them down.
    Caro is pathetic, she's been at it for years on Classifieds and 3AW, really can't stand the way she continually reverts back to her favourite line, "i asked a few people and they agreed" and 100% always uses that line when others on the program question her, i can ask 10 people, 4 may agree with me so therefor they agreed, shocker.

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes, it is a good show. Comes on a bit late and I always forget about it.
    Record it BAD that is what I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Record it BAD that is what I do.
    Yes, but I keep forgetting. May put a series link on
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I still read some of the articles from some of these journos (not all of them / frequently) and very rarely get an opportunity to watch much of any footy show, so I can’t really comment on the quality of the current productions, however have become apathetic to them over the last 10 years. Reality is family and work commitments taking precedence is unlikely to change and I doubt I’m the target market for these shows. They seem more aimed at under 30’s in some ways (although maybe that’s changing too as locker room culture is no longer much of a thing I believe with younger generations) and others who have more bandwidth due to personal circumstances.

For purely entertainment purposes and if you don’t buy into them too much I’m sure they’re fine.
    If I'm home I'll tune into the Front Bar for a laugh.
    I certainly don't watch the 'serious' shows for analysis.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

This week's effort:

IF ...
    footy usually produces more lows than highs ...

THEN ...
    you wouldn't know that by simply observing Cody Weightman. He's always smiling, always bouncing. And he's always doing the team thing, no matter the numbers on the scoreboard. I love it, rapt for him that he kicked six goals last week.

On that we can agree with Damo.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    This week's effort:

IF ...
    footy usually produces more lows than highs ...

THEN ...
    you wouldn't know that by simply observing Cody Weightman. He's always smiling, always bouncing. And he's always doing the team thing, no matter the numbers on the scoreboard. I love it, rapt for him that he kicked six goals last week.

On that we can agree with Damo.
    Wow is Damo sick and someone filled in for him ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

IF I don’t really feel like doing my only tangible piece of work for the week which is just the first thing that pops into my head about a footy team THEN I can just look at the stats and come up with some white noise
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Just think of some of the more quality pieces written on Bevo and the Dogs in the last few days. Now read this piece from Barrett. Not good. Not terrible. Just meh. Just some basic facts with his own biased, personal negative spin on things. How do you get paid to paid to produce this rubbish https://www.afl.com.au/news/1110267 after all your years in the media. Surely you have some skill in writing or worthwhile opinions by now or insights into the game. Nope, nope and nope.

Imagine that being your lifes work. Commentating on other people's work and then not even being good at it and not even being remotely respected by the people who you are talking about.

All I can think of is this.

?It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Just think of some of the more quality pieces written on Bevo and the Dogs in the last few days. Now read this piece from Barrett. Not good. Not terrible. Just meh. Just some basic facts with his own biased, personal negative spin on things. How do you get paid to paid to produce this rubbish https://www.afl.com.au/news/1110267 after all your years in the media. Surely you have some skill in writing or worthwhile opinions by now or insights into the game. Nope, nope and nope.

Imagine that being your lifes work. Commentating on other people's work and then not even being good at it and not even being remotely respected by the people who you are talking about.

All I can think of is this.

?It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.?
    I agree with a lot of it - maybe that's the head space I'm in I don't know. But this is exactly how I came away from Friday's presser without ingesting any footy media :

"The problems at the Bulldogs had been evident long before Beveridge's confusing media appearance last Friday, which included rambling references relating to team selection, pain of failure, an unknown future, missed opportunities and an effective acknowledgment that his project player James O'Donnell was recalled for the Essendon game to have him ready for the next match against St Kilda, this Thursday"

Post Thanks / Like

Just read the last line .
    Aren’t all coaches coaching for their career ?
    The one thing I do wonder is when is too long for Beveridge . Ten years is a great run for any coach and players get over the voice the coach runs out of ideas etc . I guess it’s not so much a Beveridge thing it’s about AFL coaching in general.
    I do wonder how it will end , I hope in a good way which is rare. Who will take over, will the board change ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

What I don't get is that Friday's media performance being bad, was literally the only time Beveridge hasn't spoken clearly and thoroughly about what he's trying to do at the selection table.

All of the detractors just want to say "but Caleb Daniel is a better player than Lachie Bramble, so it's bizarre the latter is playing" without actually watching the form or listening to the reasoning.

It's pathetic, and just another reminder of the low calibre shitheads we have in the media covering this sport and getting the commercial exposure.

But I guess you get the politicians and media you deserve, football isn't any different. I mean, I clicked didn't I.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes Happy Days, EasternWest liked this post