Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  504
Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    No the word is lumbering.

Jury still out on Dale. He was playing shocking footy and had been on the list for 7 years. Saved himself With a couple of good games but needs to back it up.

On Harley, yes I would give a potential A grader a go
    I don't get your selection criteria. Jenkins has has often kicked more than 40 goals in a season and has kicked 22 goals in just 11 games this season, Bennell has hardly played a senior game in 4 years and has no form line. For some reason the goal kicking and durable Jenkins is seen as a risk, Bennell who is battling constant injury concerns and has had many off field distractions is seen as an almost must have opportunity. Jenkins shouldn't been anywhere near the VU Whitten Oval but Bennell should be...I don't get the logic. Lumbering or not, Jenkins plays deep and I don't think he's been exposed in that area.

And to top it off the jury is apparently still out on Dale after one game.

I'm not sure we need Jenkins but I don't share the view that he shouldn't be anywhere near the club based on what I've seen.
    Bennell might be a good news story but based on form it's more of a risk
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't get your selection criteria. Jenkins has has often kicked more than 40 goals in a season and has kicked 22 goals in just 11 games this season, Bennell has hardly played a senior game in 4 years and has no form line. For some reason the goal kicking and durable Jenkins is seen as a risk, Bennell who is battling constant injury concerns and has had many off field distractions is seen as an almost must have opportunity. Jenkins shouldn't been anywhere near the VU Whitten Oval but Bennell should be...I don't get the logic. Lumbering or not, Jenkins plays deep and I don't think he's been exposed in that area.

I'm not sure we need Jenkins but I don't share the view that he shouldn't be anywhere near the club based on what I've seen.
    I have stated my reasons and they are different to yours.

Jury out because Dale, every year plays one or two good games and then disappears. I want him to be consistent every week, and contribute.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I think it's pretty simple. Jenkins will cost a shite load and unless we're sending Naughton back full time (which I don't want to do) , BAD is right in that it pretty much means Schache or Trengove have to go. Jenkins' ceiling is low and he has more stinkers than solid games. Bennell is a bigger risk but you'd think would be prepared to prove himself for unders. If it works the sky is the limit. We're crying out for a skillful, quick outside goalkicker not a washed up never been who is going to take the spot of one of our developing talls.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

But age is being offered up as the reason and that he is supposedly lumbering. I'm not sure we need him but compared to Bennell he seems like less of a risk
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want either of them but I can understand the rationale behind our supposed interest in Bennell re. potential skill set. FWIW we have the cash and I'd prefer to go for a bone fide smart small like Martin or Tippa. Maybe Bennell is plan C but I don't get the Jenkins discussion. He's behind our current two tall forwards at the moment at least as far as I'm concerned.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

we were all over Martin in his draft year, was high on our list of players we deeply considered

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    we were all over Martin in his draft year, was high on our list of players we deeply considered
    We were looking at giving up the Ward pick for him IIRC, which probably means no Macrae. Sometimes we really are saved from ourselves.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

No the word is lumbering.

Jury still out on Dale. He was playing shocking footy and had been on the list for 7 years. Saved himself With a couple of good games but needs to back it up.

Honestly? If Dustin Martin says he's too loose. That's saying something.
    Club's no dickhead's policy seems to be going well. No thanks.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

No way to Bennell
    Potential a grader, but no for me
    No to Jenkins also , as we have Schache developing nicely now

Post Thanks / Like

With your dislike of Stringer I'm surprised you'd want Harley anywhere near our list.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Given Bennell tried to fight a journo at the Brownlow you'd have to think Bevo would be a fan.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes bulldogtragic, Topdog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Heard on the radio that one Victorian club has contacted Bennell's management. Hawthorn would be my guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    With your dislike of Stringer I'm surprised you'd want Harley anywhere near our list.
    Completely different

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Completely different
    Agree, Bennell is next level DH compared to Jake.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Agree, Bennell is next level DH compared to Jake.
    I have more sympathy for someone brought up under his circumstances. No one wanted Sydney Stack and he has been turned around.

Jake well, besides his off field behavior which was lower than low, he is actually a very ordinary footballer, who has potential, but he is too lazy to work hard. 7 disposals last night proved that.