Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  506
Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    What frustrates me most is not Barrett himself, but the AFL's endorsement of sub-standard journalism
    This.

Couldn’t agree more. The fact the official league media endorse a guy who uses his little influence to incite one of its senior coaches is ridiculous. AFL media need to be impartial - agree w that - but to play out a personal grudge is pathetic

2. Thanks The Pie Man thanked for this post
    Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How dare Hodge call Barrett a knob. It's Sir knob, a knob of the highest order thank you very much.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To air one’s dirty laundry, and to continue a personal attack is just the standard of his character. You will notice he is being pushed out of broadcast tv. It’s apps and podcasts for him these days. Even the other presenters have had enough of his crap

Post Thanks / Like

Hodgey would have to get behind the long line of suitors who want to punch Barrett
    I don’t get how or why he gets any afl media gigs

Post Thanks / Like

He's the AFEL's designated 'pot-stirrer'. Much like Jones, Bolt and Devine cough up dead cats on a regular basis because they're paid to keep the trash fire well-stoked. HQ must be inwardly thrilled every time one of his shit takes gets people' talking' because it's 'engagement'.

You can see precisely how respected industry figures feel about it.

May another Brownlow dunny flush be in his forseeable future.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Likes hujsh, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So - listening to the Footyology pod the other night, I was interested to hear both Rohan Connolly and Mark Fine described Barrett as a 'gentleman' and 'one of the good guys' (in stark contrast to their words for a couple of others include Craig Hutchison).

So - what gives?

Is this all a 'put up' to stir trouble (as suggested above) or is he simply a dead set peanut?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    So - listening to the Footyology pod the other night, I was interested to hear both Rohan Connolly and Mark Fine described Barrett as a 'gentleman' and 'one of the good guys' (in stark contrast to their words for a couple of others include Craig Hutchison).

So - what gives?

Is this all a 'put up' to stir trouble (as suggested above) or is he simply a dead set peanut?
    Does it to stir things up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So - what gives?

I've heard journalists defend Devine and Bolt in precisely the same terms. Lovely, worldly, eminently reasonable people, if you knew them personally.

Evidently doesn't stop them dropping toxic turds left right and centre if it's made worth their while.

Draw from that what you will and what that suggests of their character and contribution to broader debate.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

12. Likes Twodogs, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

People who knew Ted Bundy thought he was a good guy, too.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes WBFC4FFC, Sedat, G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So - what gives?

I think it's exactly that and it works. So many people can't let it go but I do get why so many people including the clubs and players find him frustrating.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Just when he couldn't get any stupider:

Adelaide Crows
    If

a Showdown isn't played at the MCG on a Friday night some time soon ...
    then

it will be an opportunity lost on so many fronts. It is the main AFL rivalry, by the length of Winx's winning margin in her second Cox Plate (eight lengths).

Post Thanks / Like

But wait, there's more!

BORDERLINE FLYING

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrett's in the ch9 stable right?

So his air time with TFS axing is a now few minutes on Monday night and Sunday morning. Maybe stupid stuff like that is a cry for help to remain relevant.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    But wait, there's more!

I actually agree they'll have a sniff.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Just when he couldn't get any stupider:

Adelaide Crows
    If

a Showdown isn't played at the MCG on a Friday night some time soon ...
    then

it will be an opportunity lost on so many fronts. It is the main AFL rivalry, by the length of Winx's winning margin in her second Cox Plate (eight lengths).
    Yeah what would make a showdown great is if you took away the people who cared about the result and played it in front of a crowd of 5,000

22. Likes Insufficient Intent liked this post