Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 747484950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I'd be interested in reading if anyone has a link or the article itself
    It is in his sliding doors article:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-...sttrade-period
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Have to acknowledge the good with the bad .
    Damo has given Sam Power a great review after the trade period.
    Writes he targeted and got his players.
    Who?

We only know him as black soul around these parts
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Who?

We only know him as black soul around these parts
    Hahahahaha. It's TRUE. He only goes by derogatory names or stays nameless here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey he is showing love .. Damo the bulldog.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I had lunch with a mate in Sydney earlier this year - he works in AFL media. We were drinking Grenache and it was going down a treat. He then proceeded to tell me that Damien Barrett put him onto it as he rated it highly. I told him that I hated Barrett and thought was was a flog. He advised that he’s actually one of the nicest guys in media and obviously knows a good wine. I’ve never been able to hate him as much. That wine was delicious. I hope I haven’t spoilt Grenache for you all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pedge View Post
    I had lunch with a mate in Sydney earlier this year - he works in AFL media. We were drinking Grenache and it was going down a treat. He then proceeded to tell me that Damien Barrett put him onto it as he rated it highly. I told him that I hated Barrett and thought was was a flog. He advised that he’s actually one of the nicest guys in media and obviously knows a good wine. I’ve never been able to hate him as much. That wine was delicious. I hope I haven’t spoilt Grenache for you all.
    I'm glad that I don't drink!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Highlights that everybody has at least 1 endearing quality.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

8. Likes The Pedge, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can be a nice guy but still hold a grudge and let that influence your opinions, views and stories.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes The Pedge, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You obviously didn't take the pledge and may not be catholic Irish. Yeh I can cope with Barrett being a nice bloke face to face but a flog in his job.

Post Thanks / Like

As a rule I don't read his stuff, but there's always an exception to the rule as he's got a lengthy in depth piece on the Daniher/Sydney/Essendon saga.

But my take away was a side note, BlackSoul says bluntly and clearly that there are now multiple clubs that refuse to deal with Dodoro, thus they won't deal with Essendon.

From a strategic perspective, how does the Essendon board think the best way of acquiring talent by trade is to have a knob that multiple clubs won't trade/deal with?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    As a rule I don't read his stuff, but there's always an exception to the rule as he's got a lengthy in depth piece on the Daniher/Sydney/Essendon saga.

But my take away was a side note, BlackSoul says bluntly and clearly that there are now multiple clubs that refuse to deal with Dodoro, thus they won't deal with Essendon.

From a strategic perspective, how does the Essendon board think the best way of acquiring talent by trade is to have a knob that multiple clubs won't trade/deal with?
    Read that article too and it was quite interesting. The other thing that leapt out to me from it was that it was all Daniher's idea, which made me wonder why Barrett had been so pointedly scathing of Tom Harley during the trade period for "luring Daniher for months" and then not getting the deal done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Read that article too and it was quite interesting. The other thing that leapt out to me from it was that it was all Daniher's idea, which made me wonder why Barrett had been so pointedly scathing of Tom Harley during the trade period for "luring Daniher for months" and then not getting the deal done.
    Good pick up, I wonder what changed Barrett’s mind/opinion and when?

A top 10 pick this year and possibly next... if it doesn’t get the job done (I’d do it), it should be so incredibly close to get a deal done.

If Daniher thinks Dodoro is ruining his life, he ain’t seen nothing yet. He’s an advertisement to not going to Essendon and having your future placed under his arrogance & incompetence.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If Daniher thinks Dodoro is ruining his life, he ain’t seen nothing yet. He’s an advertisement to not going to Essendon and having your future placed under his arrogance & incompetence.
    I read this stuff (about Adrian) every year.

I really like him. Since no-one else seems to have a nice word to say, maybe it's me that has it wrong or maybe it's just me. I know he has a reputation of being hard to deal with, but for all of that Essendon do seem to be involved in a LOT of trades...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I read this stuff (about Adrian) every year.

I really like him. Since no-one else seems to have a nice word to say, maybe it's me that has it wrong or maybe it's just me. I know he has a reputation of being hard to deal with, but for all of that Essendon do seem to be involved in a LOT of trades...
    I guess the difference here was the reference that Barrett made bluntly saying there’s now multiple clubs who won’t deal with him/them. If true, that becomes problematic.

Post Thanks / Like

I've said this a few times here, clubs should refuse to deal with him and be clear on the reasons why and Essendon will need to take action. Most clubs can't just keep improving just via the draft because they also need to bring is players via trades. If that avenue is closed the club will need to look long and hard at their approach

Player managers trying to get players either too or from Essendon will pressure Essendon to make changes because of the impasse
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"