Thanks Thanks:  62
Likes Likes:  530
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 195960616263646566676869
Results 1,021 to 1,028 of 1028
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

It?s a bit weird an AFL article keeps having pot shots at the club but what are you going to do?

Interestingly our coach brushed it off and said he was going to focus on the wellbeing of the players. From what I can gather it was EFC officials who were furious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It?s a bit weird an AFL article keeps having pot shots at the club but what are you going to do?

Interestingly our coach brushed it off and said he was going to focus on the wellbeing of the players. From what I can gather it was EFC officials who were furious.
    He also wrote this

IF ...
    you are a person who cares the way Brad Scott cares ...

THEN ...
    you can both powerfully condemn violence against women but also not personally abandon a troubled person you have known for the best part of 10 years, and have always treated like a son. While the best media strategy for Scott on Wednesday would have been to say: "I'm not talking about Tarryn Thomas this week", as both a parent and a coach, it is second nature to him to support people who make mistakes.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

3. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on that, I suggest we close this thread and refuse to ever read Barrett again.

5. Likes bornadog, SquirrelGrip, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    Based on that, I suggest we close this thread and refuse to ever read Barrett again.
    Seconded.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    We just don't care like Brad Scott cares. He cares profoundly about women AND men who make mistakes. Sometimes repeated mistakes where women were intimidated and threatened.

Lucky this trash isn't published on the AFL's official website or anything.
    Last edited by The Underdog; 03-05-2024 at 04:51 PM.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

9. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    You just don't care like Brad Scott cares. He cares about profoundly about women AND men who make mistakes, sometimes repeated mistakes where women were intimidated and threatened, but I guess I just don't know how to care like Brad does. Maybe I need to go back to parenting school.
    Of course if it was a member of Brad's family that Tarryn abused he'd still care because he's really a lovely care bear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Of course if it was a member of Brad's family that Tarryn abused he'd still care because he's really a lovely care bear.
    Now look what you have done

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's also getting lost is that Draper was parodying the media when asked for examples of who the media would say are players going to be traded.

Now whether they set that up to have a dig or not is hard to tell, but with Beveridge calling it bizarre, EFC seemingly overreacting and the media using it to create a storm even though it was them themselves being parodied in a predictable way, you have to wonder how it gets any air.

Strange and so very vacuous. And you need no better example of how and why the AFL media cycle and saturation is cooked.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.