Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  504
Page 1 of 65 123456789101151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Seems everything this bloke is writing about is negative about us, is their any truth in it or is he just plucking at straws and blowing it out of proportion ?
    For those who haven't heard he has said the senior group has lost Macca, has said it on a few occasions now, but from what I read on here and other places I haven't heard it at all, only him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

He's been bashing us all year on the AFL site and Triple M, not sure how far back his vendetta rages though. Very little respect for him as a journalist, I've always dismissed it as the typical deflections of a North Melbourne supporter.

Post Thanks / Like

To me he seems more concerned with being first with news rather than being correct with news.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like his 'journalism'. It seems most outside of the boys club on 9/MMM don't either. Just tune out when he's around.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I grew my hair long so people would stop saying that I looked like him.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes chef, Raw Toast, Scorlibo, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Gold

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really!

You are indeed in trouble
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Dicky Knee of journalism. Spends a lot of time making 'Big calls' and then getting on the back foot in deference to 'Gaz.' Yeah, but Gaz....Gaz....I dunno Gaz....

Probably picked the Swans to win the final.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Your a better journo two.
    Barrett, Ralph Malph Denham just many of the woeful accredited ( says laughing) AFL journalists

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest there's a little truth in what he says about the senior players not being too happy with McCartney (and vice versa), and considering they've put in ordinary results this year and lack leadership quality when things are tough I'm not surprised there's some tension.

We've been through this to death though, and Barrett is probably dramatising the issue more than anything else.

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He is a terrible journalist and a really ordinary character.

His view of the work is too generate scandal and muck rake, which most Clubs cough up opportunities to do throughout a few seasons. Player behaviour, coach sackings, board turmoil etc - its his bread and butter. Obviously he had us pegged to give him something to run with but as a Club under Macca and PG we've been extremely steadfast in our approach. Stubborn even. In us, he has met a force equally committed to our task as he is to his. While he is rummaging through bins, snivelling and scheming we've just kept trotting out the same message come hell or high water. It has got under his skin.

Accused the Club of not having "the guts" to make a change in the coaching dept. Prying away at rumours of player dissent in recent weeks. Its all jus an attempt to create a BIG story for him to break over summer. Yet all he is getting is a united front and a consistent message. Making the bloke look as stupid as he in all reality is.

Here is an "IF / THEN" for you Damo:
    "If a truck ever hit you. Then, the driver would probably reverse over your remains." Such is the regard in which you are held by the genuine fans and good people of the game.

Post Thanks / Like

PG doesn't like the club to respond to Rumours good or bad but I think sometimes not responding can be a bad thing, I remember him saying only when trades are done we will discuss them otherwise nothing to be said.
    Basically let the media say what they like true or not, we aren't ruled by rumour or innuendo and won't spend our time responding.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grand Final day Sonof?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I would suggest there's a little truth in what he says about the senior players not being too happy with McCartney (and vice versa), and considering they've put in ordinary results this year and lack leadership quality when things are tough I'm not surprised there's some tension.

We've been through this to death though, and Barrett is probably dramatising the issue more than anything else.
    A lot of the tension comes from having a poor playing list sadly lacking in depth. I would like the MC to really study the foot skills of Hawthorn today. Our lack of skill is a major factor in us being a bottom four team. We have too many players who do not dispose of the ball correctly. Unless this important area is urgently addressed we will continue to struggle.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes and of course a change was made he'd be accusing the club of allowing the tail leading the dog( no pun intended)
    Just muck raking shit inconsequential drivel which he seems to make an art form of .