Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  521
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,013 of 1013
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    yes there should have been a coaching move to get him into the game
    Well - I'm not letting him off that lightly.

The coaches can influence the game, but if Cody wants a kick he should go and get one.

As per my other thread, I think a bit of soul searching about his 1st quarter performances vs whole of game performances is 100% required...and the whole "well, the oppo are going to lock down on him after that" type explanation is just not acceptable for a player with his talent.

They come into every game with a plan for key oppo players...you reckon Collingwood didn't have a plan for Merrett yesterday??? He basically said "Come at me" and ran his butt off.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Interesting question in Garcia and Libba . Libba is very inside , quick with hands but slow with run.
    Garcia is quicker and seems more urgent and can put more pressure on with his speed , they are both hard as cats heads . If you want future you look at Garcia if you want to keep the same shape in the middle you take Libba.
    We all love Libba but in the last 4 years we have struggled in the middle with pressure and opposition just run out with multiple goals.
    Is it Libbas speed not being able to defend, he is a ball getter if that doesn?t work we are screwed.
    Just a thought as we did need change in the middle, Richard?s came in with speed and Garcia with speed and we looked a lot sharper.
    Good points you make in regards to speed. You can see why Bevo has introduced players with speed. Only have to look at the Giants and the players they are using. Lions were so one dimensional out of the middle last night and Giants ran them of their legs with speed and power and importantly they have excellent ball skills. The Lions had no one with speed in the centre. Callaghan of half back is an absolute jet and then you have Whitfield on the other flank. All quick with elite skills. One of the reasons we can't play Daniel/Libber/Macrae in the same team unfortunately. You still need your inside mid with fast hands ie Libba but you need more on the spread with speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Good points you make in regards to speed. You can see why Bevo has introduced players with speed. Only have to look at the Giants and the players they are using. Lions were so one dimensional out of the middle last night and Giants ran them of their legs with speed and power and importantly they have excellent ball skills. The Lions had no one with speed in the centre. Callaghan of half back is an absolute jet and then you have Whitfield on the other flank. All quick with elite skills. One of the reasons we can't play Daniel/Libber/Macrae in the same team unfortunately. You still need your inside mid with fast hands ie Libba but you need more on the spread with speed.
    I worked with Callaghan’s dad Brett, he gets the speed from him as he was a runner in the commonwealth games.
    I think what’s happening is exactly what Bevo is saying , we are evolving, we need speed in the midfield and we have only had quick hands for years
    Treloar still has the speed and break but no one else , even Bont is a loper,
    Richards and Garcia are needed , I am not sure what we do with Sanders either , he is quick with hands and a great deliverer with endurance but not speed.
    If only JJ was 5 years younger.
    Bring back the biff

4. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I worked with Callaghan’s dad Brett, he gets the speed from him as he was a runner in the commonwealth games.
    I think what’s happening is exactly what Bevo is saying , we are evolving, we need speed in the midfield and we have only had quick hands for years
    Treloar still has the speed and break but no one else , even Bont is a loper,
    Richards and Garcia are needed , I am not sure what we do with Sanders either , he is quick with hands and a great deliverer with endurance but not speed.
    If only JJ was 5 years younger.
    It is also the reason Cats and Magpies are chasing Bailey for that speed in the middle which is something they lack as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    It is also the reason Cats and Magpies are chasing Bailey for that speed in the middle which is something they lack as well.
    If we could keep Smith it would be huge for us.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

So, in all seriousness, how close to leaving is Bailey Smith ? All the media talk as if he is already in a Collingwood jumper.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    So, in all seriousness, how close to leaving is Bailey Smith ? All the media talk as if he is already in a Collingwood jumper.
    It’s all guess work, only two people know what’s happening, him and his agent.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well - I'm not letting him off that lightly.

The coaches can influence the game, but if Cody wants a kick he should go and get one.

As per my other thread, I think a bit of soul searching about his 1st quarter performances vs whole of game performances is 100% required...and the whole "well, the oppo are going to lock down on him after that" type explanation is just not acceptable for a player with his talent.

They come into every game with a plan for key oppo players...you reckon Collingwood didn't have a plan for Merrett yesterday??? He basically said "Come at me" and ran his butt off.
    does he have license to do that? Have the coaches told him he can do that?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.