Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  504
Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1050515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    It doesn't have to be a one-for-one change. Just get the closest bloke off, get him on and work it out from there. Seriously - are interchanges really that hard? The ball was pinging everywhere last night - both sides of the ground...I think he was off for 10 minutes.
    With your coaching experience, you would know better than most Mike. Is it because players don't want to come off so they "just happen" to looking anywhere but toward the bench while everyone on the bench are all waving their arms madly trying to get the player's attention?

Much the same way that we used to run in the opposite direction of the runner when we knew that the coach had sent him out to drag you for making an error or breaking a team rule? In the case of swapping off surely teammates notice the bench waving and point it out to the player concerned?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Ha

"Do you reckon there'd be a time where Bevo would welcome Damo back into the club, maybe for an interview or anything like that?"

Elite honesty from Ed Richards

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/stat...lrUcvNLhaml4gw

3. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Ha

"Do you reckon there'd be a time where Bevo would welcome Damo back into the club, maybe for an interview or anything like that?"

Ha ha that's brilliant.

You can tell by how quickly Ed responds that Whitten Oval is a danger zone for Barrett. Good.

Now let's hear what Sedat thinks.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes angelopetraglia, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha

Good on you Ed he is a turd
    Last edited by bornadog; 01-03-2024 at 09:25 AM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes macca, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Fascinating reading through this thread in its early days. For some reason I thought he only disliked us due to Bevo alpha dogging him at the brownlow those years ago, but he's been hating on us since the McCartney era and before!

No time at all for this bloke. The amount of negativity he spreads under the guise of journalism is appalling, and would have certainly affected a number of players negatively. In an era where mental health is finally being taken seriously, he is the number 1 toolbag when it comes to stirring up rubbish stories, and then walking them back once people rightly call him out on it.

If anyone lives in the city and ever bumps into him, please tell him countrydog thinks he's a ***t of the highest order.

10. Likes bornadog, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Oh god reading this garbage makes me think I'm not ready for footy season to be back....

12. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Countrydog5 View Post
    Fascinating reading through this thread in its early days. For some reason I thought he only disliked us due to Bevo alpha dogging him at the brownlow those years ago, but he's been hating on us since the McCartney era and before!

No time at all for this bloke. The amount of negativity he spreads under the guise of journalism is appalling, and would have certainly affected a number of players negatively. In an era where mental health is finally being taken seriously, he is the number 1 toolbag when it comes to stirring up rubbish stories, and then walking them back once people rightly call him out on it.

If anyone lives in the city and ever bumps into him, please tell him countrydog thinks he's a ***t of the highest order.
    I don't think he's even #1 anymore. McClure, Morris and even Kornes are more likely to throw out some harmful clickbait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I don't think he's even #1 anymore. McClure, Morris and even Kornes are more likely to throw out some harmful clickbait.
    The posts I’ve seen McClure put up recently are hilarious, Carlton to win flag but Port Adelaide to play Collingwood in the grand final.
    I want to know how that works?
    Cornes isn’t out to hurt anyone he just makes extraordinary statements to get clicks .

Morris is Barrett’s love child, burnt more bridges than WW2
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    There's a difference between "getting on well" and being able to work together for a common goal and do so in a way that gets the best of both. You don't need to be in each other's wedding party to get great results.

Parret is a clown.

Post Thanks / Like

For his first effort for the season he managed to keep it positive for all clubs with one glaring exception, us. Somehow thought Essendopes recruiting of a 74 year old Todd Goldstein was a masterful piece of list management and did his best to get his mate Mr. Personality Llordo a little side gig. Poor excuse for a credible journalist old Purple.

17. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't mind his (& Cornes') constant negativity against the club.
    1. Everyone know's their agenda, so it doesn't really have any traction among the general public
    2. I think it still has a galvanizing impact internally.
    3. It's led to much needed reflection and change

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glove38 View Post
    I actually don't mind his (& Cornes') constant negativity against the club.
    1. Everyone know's their agenda, so it doesn't really have any traction among the general public
    2. I think it still has a galvanizing impact internally.
    3. It's led to much needed reflection and change
    Tend to agree. Haters gonna hate. Let?s rub it in their grubby noses when we win 🏆 and smile while we?re at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    There's a difference between "getting on well" and being able to work together for a common goal and do so in a way that gets the best of both. You don't need to be in each other's wedding party to get great results.

Parret is a clown.
    Hawks midfield in the 80s says hello, from what I heard most of them didn’t even talk to each other.
    Bring back the biff

21. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha

Love it. Onya Ed. Becoming one of my faves and this cements it.

23. Likes Uninformed liked this post