Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  512
Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Easier said than done ...

I mean, who among you doesn't want to launch a fist through your screen this very instant?
    Man, look at those spaghetti arms. You just know he was the resident schoolyard informant.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Warrior ? Yeah key board warrior.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Easier said than done ...

I mean, who among you doesn't want to launch a fist through your screen this very instant?

That's not how you spell wanker.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

5. Likes hujsh, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gil has just mentioned that Barrett has just been appointed as the Chief Football correspondent for the AFL.
    Apparently his interactions with the AFL fans across the digital platforms make him a great addition for the AFL.

Have we all be played by Damo?

Gil said, "He's very experienced, highly talented and fiercely independent"
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Gil has just mentioned that Barrett has just been appointed as the Chief Football correspondent for the AFL.
    Apparently his interactions with the AFL fans across the digital platforms make him a great addition for the AFL.

Have we all be played by Damo?

Gil said, "He's very experienced, highly talented and fiercely independent"
    I find this amazing . A company hires a journo who spends 90% of his time bagging the brand and the sums of it as its chief promoter.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I find this amazing . A company hires a journo who spends 90% of his time bagging the brand and the sums of it as its chief promoter.
    And he has the footy world following and debating his very word.
    With Gil is all about the numbers, AFL attendances, sponsorship numbers etc and what generates hits on the AFL websites and Damo probably meets that last criteria.

Barrett is still allowed to be critical of the AFL, apparently he has had it written into his contract.

Post Thanks / Like

we are suckers in Australia. It shouldn't be a surprise as we allow shock jock flogs like Alan Jones & Ray Hadley run amok.

They continue to say stupid things and they get away with it and they just continue doing it. They love the outrage as it boosts their audience, ratings, and incomes.

If we ignored them it would be the opposite. but we don't.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

10. Likes hujsh, chef, Grantysghost, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    we are suckers in Australia. It shouldn't be a surprise as we allow shock jock flogs like Alan Jones & Ray Hadley run amok.

They continue to say stupid things and they get away with it and they just continue doing it. They love the outrage as it boosts their audience, ratings, and incomes.

If we ignored them it would be the opposite. but we don't.
    We have a culture that wants to whinge about what people say rather than just ignore them. In the end ratings wins the day and Barrett has a strong following regardless that he just isn't that good.
    He throws out the bait and people bite again and again. This thread was started 4 years ago and Barrett's brand of sarcasm and ridicule is just intoxicating for some people.

I live near a retired lady who used to whinge every day about Neil Mitchell, she hated him with a passion but her whole morning was planned around listening to and then criticizing his show. She couldn't never switch him off.

Barrett has come up with a winning formula like it or not.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a culture that wants to whinge about what people say rather than just ignore them. In the end ratings wins the day and Barrett has a strong following regardless that he just isn't that good.
    He throws out the bait and people bite again and again. This thread was started 4 years ago and Barrett's brand of sarcasm and ridicule is just intoxicating for some people.

I live near a retired lady who used to whinge every day about Neil Mitchell, she hated him with a passion but her whole morning was planned around listening to and then criticizing his show. She couldn't never switch him off.

I get that - I still take issue with the vehicle (AFL media) and their need for shitful clickbait

Does everything have to be about money?*

*Don’t answer that
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Just look at this thread. 45 pages, with no signs of slowing down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Yep. Just look at this thread. 45 pages, with no signs of slowing down.
    The people who hate him the most have probably helped earn him a promotion. Ironic isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

It's got to a stage where he just triggers people no matter what he says right or wrong, happens on here a lot. You've got to admire what he's built himself into even if you hate it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    It's got to a stage where he just triggers people no matter what he says right or wrong, happens on here a lot. You've got to admire what he's built himself into even if you hate it.

No I do not

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I have never followed him , I’m not on Twitter or whatever else is around except Facebook, never watched him on tv either, I scroll through my news feed and his statements come up on it through the SEN page or others bringing it up in forums.
    I am finding SEN very good at putting up leading statements to get people talking.
    Tim Watson is one who makes “ out there “ statements as well.
    But Barrett’s are 99% negative and I think I’ve only seen one pop up in all these years that was positive with us.
    I find he writes or says stuff just to upset people or clubs as click bait. He doesn’t care if it’s wrong.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Does Croc Media own Afl.com.au yet?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."