Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  506
Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien GrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrub what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Hearing this firsthand gives me a warm, satisfying inner glow.
    happened in the toilets.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Hearing this firsthand gives me a warm, satisfying inner glow.
    Me too Rocket. David Schwartz is on record saying Bevo was a wild street fighter in his youth. I would say Grubman was very very lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Me too Rocket. David Schwartz is on record saying Bevo was a wild street fighter in his youth. I would say Grubman was very very lucky.
    Legend has it that Bevo, while on an end of season trip with his Melbourne team-mates, was prepared to taken on almost all of Essendon's list who were holidaying in the same location, due to some disrespect shown by the Bombres towards the Demons.

The confrontation with Voldemort would have been fantastic viewing.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Legend has it that Bevo, while on an end of season trip with his Melbourne team-mates, was prepared to taken on almost all of Essendon's list who were holidaying in the same location, due to some disrespect shown by the Bombres towards the Demons.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...1a1a2da23e1837

Western Bulldogs coach-to-be Luke Beveridge is a man who punches well above his weight

MARK Robinson went searching for the man considered most likely to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs and found a man who punches well above his weight.

THE TEAMMATE — DAVID SCHWARZ
    IT IS folklore, and Luke Beveridge was just 22 at the time, but David Schwarz says a punch-up with Essendon players on an end-of-season in Cairns in 1992 is a lasting memory for Melbourne teammates.

Schwarz and Beveridge had played under-19s, reserves and seniors at the Demons, and although Beveridge would leave at the end of ‘92 for Footscray, Schwarz said he went out with a bang.

The brawl began at a bar and spilled outside and it wasn’t a simple push and shove.

Plastic chairs were being thrown as well as drunken fists and Beveridge was front and square against the likes of Mark Harvey and Dean Wallis.

At just 173cm and 79kg, Beveridge was out of his weight division.

But that was never a problem.

“He had some serious s--- about him,’’ Schwarz said. “And I saw that first hand on the footy trip. He stood up for his mates and I can tell you his mates would want him in his corner. It was on in Cairns, he was taking on the Bombers. We were all drinking together again inside 24 hours, but for a time there he got pretty willing.’’

Taking on exactly who?

“Taking on Essendon,’’ he laughed. “I’ve always said about Lukey, he was a bloody good teammate. You knew where you stood with him. We loved him. When he played at the Dogs they would’ve loved him and when he played with the Saints, they would’ve loved him.

“You might think I’m going on, but he was loved because he would put it on the line, which so much for valuable than a big bloke who just does his job.

“Look at Sydney’s Paul Kelly, people loved him because he would die for his club and Beveridge was the same although clearly he wasn’t as talented.’’

Beveridge played 118 games for three clubs over 11 seasons and, Schwarz said, he got every inch out of his body.

“He was not gifted with height, in fact he was only an inch or two taller than Tony Liberatore (163cm), but he had bloody big guns. He and Andy Lovell and Stephen Tingay set the benchmark for what was expected in the weights room.’’

Schwarz detected early a strong self assurance in Beveridge.

“Mark Cross was our under-19 coach and Crossy had a crack at Lukey and Lukey had a crack back. Lukey had strong opinions and he stood up for himself. It wasn’t little man’s syndrome, he just had self belief about his knowledge of football and where he thought he fitted into the picture.’’

He never saw Beveridge as a future AFL coach, but also having played with current Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson, he didn’t foresee Clarkson being the coaching colossus he is either.

“Actually, there’s a lot of similarities between Clarkson and Beveridge,” Schwarz said.

“Clearly there’s the stature, the aggression, Clarko’s a hothead, Lukey’s a hothead, but they are both measured if that makes sense.

“They are both smart men, in life and in footy.

“Beveridge and Clarko would not be in the top 20, no, not in the top 100 players I played with, but you knew when they walked off the ground they would be exhausted.

“And you knew if someone from the opposition did something wrong by a player, Clarko and Beveridge would be there to square of it.”

5. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a funny youtube of DB foot in mouth.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORpCKVHaOsE
    Sorry, but I could not resist it.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

7. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And Leppa had to be physically restrained at a pub not to harm GrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrub. Hodge sounds like he'd want to if given the chance. If you have a career in the footy industry, and want to go to things like the Brownlow, it's not wise to anger people who go to the same events and travel in the same circles. But I don't really care. He helped destroy a young talented man and nothing can or will reverse that. Now my radio silence on him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes Grantysghost, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

https://amp.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...344531da535837
    Barrett reporting that BT cheated with surveillance as coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    https://amp.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...344531da535837
    Barrett reporting that BT cheated with surveillance as coach.
    As much as I can't stand either of them, that was bloody funny to listen to.

Post Thanks / Like

That is so funny . But why is Barrett always putting out negative stories, he will even go back 30 years to find one.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post

One of my mates brothers - yes its one of those - sat next to me at a wedding. He played amateur footy Bevo for a few years and reckons one year on an end of season trip he beat the crap out of 3 blokes outside the pub they were in. Really emphasised the word "crap" in telling me the story. Apparently he is the best bloke to have behind you and the worst bloke against which matches everything we've seen and heard since he became our coach.
    The dam wall has busted!

14. Likes S Coast Simon, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    One of my mates brothers - yes its one of those - sat next to me at a wedding. He played amateur footy Bevo for a few years and reckons one year on an end of season trip he beat the crap out of 3 blokes outside the pub they were in. Really emphasised the word "crap" in telling me the story. Apparently he is the best bloke to have behind you and the worst bloke against which matches everything we've seen and heard since he became our coach.
    I know a few blokes like that, Jack Mihocek and Ted Fidge you wanted on your team because if you played against them they would kill you but if On your team they were there for you no matter what. You felt safe and a foot taller knowing they were on your side.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I think it was The Ox who told a similar story about Bevo on a footy trip in Surfers.

Post Thanks / Like

The guy is truly a moron

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

he needs another visit in the mens room. WTF?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

WTF does that even mean?