Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  513
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Why can't Barrret report they all shitting their pants playing the Dogs and have to come up with some pooh excuse to winge to the AFL? Just another case of more verbal diaharohea from the mouth piece shineboner offal . At least it be funny

Geelong had to lay most ever tackles in a game to beat us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The JJ overturned goal is a great example. I said to one whinging North supporter after the game that when they have had a BS goal review overturn a goal the goal umpire had payed in the last quarter of a close, desperate Grand Final that would have tipped the game majorly their way, then they can complain about overturned goals.

Heh! Very good.

Maybe the bulldogs are sending out saboteurs to opposition training sessions and changing certain players pickle juice for bogus pickle juice so they develop soft tissue injuries?
    There was a lot of talk about the goal review after the Sydney Essendon game and one commentator said "it will cost a team a grand final"....i thought straight to the JJ overturn. That very well could have cost us the flag. It was at a crucial stage of the game. It was inconclusive (although in my mind the ball had fully crossed the line. The camera angle they used does not let you draw a straight line from the ball to the goal line) and the goal umpire ruled a goal. How they overturned that i have no idea. Lucky for us Roughead marked the ensuing kick-in. But sydney want to whinge about the free kick count.

3. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    There was a lot of talk about the goal review after the Sydney Essendon game and one commentator said "it will cost a team a grand final"....i thought straight to the JJ overturn. That very well could have cost us the flag. It was at a crucial stage of the game. It was inconclusive (although in my mind the ball had fully crossed the line. The camera angle they used does not let you draw a straight line from the ball to the goal line) and the goal umpire ruled a goal. How they overturned that i have no idea. Lucky for us Roughead marked the ensuing kick-in. But sydney want to whinge about the free kick count.
    The thing about Friday night's one is that the goal umpire's call was a behind. Without clear evidence to the contrary, Umpire's call was the correct decision.

Ours was overturned without clear evidence to the contrary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    The thing about Friday night's one is that the goal umpire's call was a behind. Without clear evidence to the contrary, Umpire's call was the correct decision.

Ours was overturned without clear evidence to the contrary.
    It may be the bulldog in me, but even to this day when i watch it or think of it, i shudder, imagining if it had cost us.....it's actually fairly straight forward the video review, yet so many times they stuff it up. Are they actual umpires making these decisions? If it's clear, it's clear, if it's not goal umpires decision.

6. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It may be the bulldog in me, but even to this day when i watch it or think of it, i shudder, imagining if it had cost us.....it's actually fairly straight forward the video review, yet so many times they stuff it up. Are they actual umpires making these decisions? If it's clear, it's clear, if it's not goal umpires decision.
    Wish we had it back in the late 90s when Libba kicked that goal in the prelim v Adelaide , cost us a premiership I reckon.
    Bring back the biff

8. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point about who reviews the video. Aker39 do you know if it's ex umpires or some numpty lucky enough to be at the front of the line when the jobs were handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Wish we had it back in the late 90s when Libba kicked that goal in the prelim v Adelaide , cost us a premiership I reckon.
    I was in perfect position behind the goal post about 8 or 9 rows from the fence and it went through the goals without about a foot to spare or maybe just a little bit less to spare. I don't even know what the confusion was, if you look closely Crows supporters are starting to walk up the aisle and leave the ground because they are convinced it's a goal and the game is all over.
    I can remember them because the first I realised the goal umpire was a blind idiot who was the only person in the entire stadium who thought it was a point was when people started to turn them around and I turned around to face the ground.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Umpires review the video.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/bob...d986bfbc3225d4

This rubbish is just out of control. The article makes it out as though north were robbed because of 2 CORRECT umpiring decisions.

Also, what is even more ludicrous is the headline on the sports page http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl

"'Staggering' accusation exposes 'snitches" .... so Murph can't even joke now without being taken out of context

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/bob...d986bfbc3225d4

This rubbish is just out of control. The article makes it out as though north were robbed because of 2 CORRECT umpiring decisions.

Also, what is even more ludicrous is the headline on the sports page http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl

"'Staggering' accusation exposes 'snitches" .... so Murph can't even joke now without being taken out of context
    Also very disrespectful to umpires.

The umpires have a tough job, especially with rule changes, rule interpretation changes, trying 4 umpires on the field, shot clocks, score reviews, interchange restrictions and so it goes on. I would hate to be an umpire, but to accuse them of giving preferential treatment to us is totally and utterly disrespectful to the umpiring department and the game.

If the AFL is listening to the sooky la la clubs then they are also being disrespectful. Any clubs complaining should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Also very disrespectful to umpires.

The umpires have a tough job, especially with rule changes, rule interpretation changes, trying 4 umpires on the field, shot clocks, score reviews, interchange restrictions and so it goes on. I would hate to be an umpire, but to accuse them of giving preferential treatment to us is totally and utterly disrespectful to the umpiring department and the game.

If the AFL is listening to the sooky la la clubs then they are also being disrespectful. Any clubs complaining should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.
    Yep, the AFL talk about the integrity of the game. Well this is close as it gets to questioning the integrity of the game.

Post Thanks / Like

It's unbelievable.

We average 0.1 frees for more than Norf per game, and 1.6 frees against less than they do per game.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's unbelievable.

We average 0.1 frees for more than Norf per game, and 1.6 frees against less than they do per game.
    That's the funny bit. The differential is mostly due to our frees against figure. So the accusation couldn't be that the umpires are GIVING us more frees but rather that they are IGNORING frees that should be given to our opposition. And they must doing this to each and every team we play against. Utter crap it is.

The bit that stinks in all of this is that i feel the AFL is succumbing to the other teams. Sydney got a free ride in round 13 and they implemented a few rules this year to directly curb our influence.

Post Thanks / Like

The league average is 18.4 for each.

So we're 1.8 over in frees for per game (20.2), and 1.8 under (16.6) for frees against per game.

Given the numbers are so perfect, it must be a conspiracy.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes Twodogs, Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The league average is 18.4 for each.

So we're 1.8 over in frees for per game (20.2), and 1.8 under (16.6) for frees against per game.

Given the numbers are so perfect, it must be a conspiracy.
    Yes and going of these claims, any team above the average in frees for per game or below the average in frees against per game are, being favoured by the umpires, because you know, free kick counts have to be even.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes and going of these claims, any team above the average in frees for per game or below the average in frees against per game are, being favoured by the umpires, because you know, free kick counts have to be even.
    It was noticeable in the second-half on Sat night that we were getting less frees, even though Norf were continuing to hold us at every opportunity! The Umps realised it was getting lop-sided and went into their shell.

Dale did not receive a free on three blatant holds (one of which Norf proceeded to kick goal moving forward).

Mason Wood in the third shoved Morris into the pack and kicked a goal when he should have been pinged (like he got pinged in the last) and they still complain!