Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  522
Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Perhaps it's a reference to the Jason McCartney position negotiation.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a stupid statement ., seriously I would hope a few would be upset inside the 4 walls. We didn't make finals it's not good enough.
    But what kind of a statement is that ? I think it's called click bait get people talking and making up rumours .. He must hugely hate us.
    Bring back the biff

3. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing vaguely relevant is the David Stevenson departure, which is year old news now.

Conversely he may be harking back to Monty's exit.

Whatever, it has the whiff of the grub exaggerating a disenchanted element whose grievances he'll happily air. Quelle surprise.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett's just another irrelevant talking head . Stick to hiding in players bins you grub

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Any idea what Barrett is on about here?
    The Tom Boyd deal & pay packet
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

In any big working environment there are always people disagreeing and new ideas are floated constantly. I would be disappointed if this wasn't the case at doggie land. All good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    In any big working environment there are always people disagreeing and new ideas are floated constantly. I would be disappointed if this wasn't the case at doggie land. All good.
    Yep. Creative tension fuels all sorts of things. It would be naive in the extreme to think that all the employees got along in an organisation as big as the footy club. If they were telling us that everyone at the club loved each other then I'd be concerned they were lying to us about something.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yep. Creative tension fuels all sorts of things. It would be naive in the extreme to think that all the employees got along in an organisation as big as the footy club. If they were telling us that everyone at the club loved each other then I'd be concerned they were lying to us about something.
    I get sick of hearing about 'united boards' at football clubs. If there isn't robust discussion happening at a struggling football club then its time to reconsider who is on your board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I'd imagine this has something to do with it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Was very amusing to hear of Barrett cracking the shits during the week because he did all the leg work in organising the Dustin and Shane Martin interviews but Eddie came in at the 11th hour and cut his lunch. Shows exactly where his place in the footy world is.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Was very amusing to hear of Barrett cracking the shits during the week because he did all the leg work in organising the Dustin and Shane Martin interviews but Eddie came in at the 11th hour and cut his lunch. Shows exactly where his place in the footy world is.
    Thought it was also comical the response from Mark Robinson following Brian Waldron, of all people, breaking the story before Robbo or any of his vast array of resources at the HS could.

His rather sad, lonely and only response (tweet) on the matter read "It's not 1.3m..."

13. Likes azabob, Sedat, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I get sick of hearing about 'united boards' at football clubs. If there isn't robust discussion happening at a struggling football club then its time to reconsider who is on your board.

I believe the technical term for the situation you're referring to is a circlejerk. If everyone is standing around patting each other on the back then it's time to start looking for new people.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I believe the technical term for the situation you're referring to is a circlejerk. If everyone is standing around patting each other on the back then it's time to start looking for new people.
    Circlejerks would be huge after the most amazing premiership And final series in the history of the game.
    I don't care if we don't make finals the next year as long as we keep the latter going, probably around the history of the Hawks the last 40 years I would be very happy with.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Now Bartel has mentioned this today in The Age. I note McCartney and Dalrymple's respective contracts expire end of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

This could quite easily sit within the 'Career Best' thread but I feel that I've finally made the grade.

18. Likes bornadog, Topdog liked this post