Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  521
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Take it to the ring fellows. I would pay good money to see that. Proceeds to charity.
    As long as it's not going to the hospital that has to repair Barrett's face

Post Thanks / Like

Look's like Barrett is at it again with his dogs hating agenda.

On the AFeL page there is a video called the wash up. Season review with Lloyd and Twoomey.

Both Lloyd and Barrett doing their usual routine of doomsaying everything.
    Bulldogs have lost their identity, what do they stand for etc etc.

Gave us 2 out of 10 for the year. What Bollocks.

Absolutely no analysis or explanation for why we struggled at times, just wrap everything in a nutshell and throw stones at the club.

Can't wait to see them backflip on us once again next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw this flog walking across the road in South Melbourne an hour ago.

My right foot seemed to willingly hit the accelerator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Saw this flog walking across the road in South Melbourne an hour ago.

My right foot seemed to willingly hit the accelerator.
    No jury in the land could possibly convict you.

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think it was that bad. For the most part of the season we were awful, a couple of decent hit outs early and a good finish but it was a season to forget overall. A rating of 3 - 4 is pretty much spot on. Lloyd was not wrong, mentioned strange playing styles, questionable selections it's pretty much what we've been saying for 23 rounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched that segment this morning.

Essentially said injuries and youth were not an excuse and our early season form was pathetic. First 2 rounds I’d agree, but we beat a decent Bombers side and should’ve beaten the Swans the week after.

Unfortunately that Bevo presser taking about how winning the flag didn’t do us any favours was played. Hard to argue with the critique of it, wasn’t a great look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Look's like Barrett is at it again with his dogs hating agenda.

On the AFeL page there is a video called the wash up. Season review with Lloyd and Twoomey.

Both Lloyd and Barrett doing their usual routine of doomsaying everything.
    Bulldogs have lost their identity, what do they stand for etc etc.

Gave us 2 out of 10 for the year. What Bollocks.

Absolutely no analysis or explanation for why we struggled at times, just wrap everything in a nutshell and throw stones at the club.

Can't wait to see them backflip on us once again next year.
    Unfortunately pretty much spot on with the rating whether we like it or not. We played unwatchable football most of the year and some of the positional changes were even more bizarre. Injuries didn't help but we were horrible. Averaged 10 goals a game. The last 4 games gave a bit of hope for next year but still so much work to be done. We were Premiers 2 years ago - 2/10 is fair.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m amazed the AFL still employs someone who uses his position to publicly antagonise and insult one of its coaches. A premiership coach. So much is done for players well being - and whilst I’m sure it’s water off a ducks back for Bevo - I find it remarkable the AFL encourage it by paying his salary
    The dam wall has busted!

10. Likes bornadog, Greystache, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I’m amazed the AFL still employs someone who uses his position to publicly antagonise and insult one of its coaches. A premiership coach. So much is done for players well being - and whilst I’m sure it’s water off a ducks back for Bevo - I find it remarkable the AFL encourage it by paying his salary
    It is astounding to say the least.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Unfortunately pretty much spot on with the rating whether we like it or not. We played unwatchable football most of the year and some of the positional changes were even more bizarre. Injuries didn't help but we were horrible. Averaged 10 goals a game. The last 4 games gave a bit of hope for next year but still so much work to be done. We were Premiers 2 years ago - 2/10 is fair.
    100%. 2/10 is completely fair...only our 'recency bias' for the last few weeks makes us think otherwise...plus add the trade period (aka Stringer) debacle (good outcomes sure, but poorly communicated at the time) and other communications drama throughout the year, the Ballarat debacle - scheduling, attendance, facilitie - drama about life members entering in grounds, rumours swirling about contract renewals/player departures due to the high number of free (inc restricted) agents, moving our AA defender, premiership captain to the forward line then abandoning it after 1-week, regularly getting belted by 10+ goals...it was just a horrible year.

Hopefully with a new CEO now in place and settled in, we can see some improvement in all elements of the club during 2019.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

He got one right this week for a change...

If
    Toby McLean can't make the AFL Players Association's Best 22 Under 22 team ...

then
    that team is broken and needs to change its voting mechanisms if it wants to be taken seriously.

15. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

If

then
    that team is broken and needs to change its voting mechanisms if it wants to be taken seriously.
    Ive posted on that one elsewhere but there isnt a team in the league that wouldnt trade Ronke or Butler for McLean - so I really didnt understand it also

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

If

then
    It's another joke of an award. It's an AFLPA award based purely on voting by the fans.
    To be honest I'm surprised the vote went Bont's way for Captain. He must be really popular with the kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    It's another joke of an award. It's an AFLPA award based purely on voting by the fans.
    To be honest I'm surprised the vote went Bont's way for Captain. He must be really popular with the kids.

Or he's got a really good unlimited data package and a big family.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    100%. 2/10 is completely fair...only our 'recency bias' for the last few weeks makes us think otherwise...plus add the trade period (aka Stringer) debacle (good outcomes sure, but poorly communicated at the time) and other communications drama throughout the year, the Ballarat debacle - scheduling, attendance, facilitie - drama about life members entering in grounds, rumours swirling about contract renewals/player departures due to the high number of free (inc restricted) agents, moving our AA defender, premiership captain to the forward line then abandoning it after 1-week, regularly getting belted by 10+ goals...it was just a horrible year.

Hopefully with a new CEO now in place and settled in, we can see some improvement in all elements of the club during 2019.

Mate - get yo ass a job at AFL Media. When you put it like that it makes sense! When it’s phrased as nothing more than “2/10, underachievement for me” he comes across as a petulant and vindictive individual.
    The dam wall has busted!

20. Likes WBFC4FFC, Topdog liked this post