Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  512
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Damian Barrett is a shotgun journalist, he is firing off a million pellets in all directions, he is bound to get one right.

One thing our club is good for is being steadfast and resolute.

Post Thanks / Like

I will always respect Caro for her reporting on the Essendon saga. She has led the way and avoided the boys club mentality. She's been dead right too. Lots of other journos including Barrett and Robinson are just groupies.

I agree with others that the rumblings from our club are likely to have foundation though, and so they should. There needs to be soul searching, from all angles. I feel we are at a real turning point and the next few months are so important to get right.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    It's a sad day for football journalism when Mark Robinson occupies what was the most coveted position.
    All his credibility went down the toilet with his support of key Essendon figures in the drugs scandal. He has allowed his bias to overrule his objectivity. Despite his position at the Herald Sun he is increasingly becoming a lightweight in the industry, and deservedly so. Who takes him seriously now? Bit of a pity as I did like his take on a lot of onfield footy stuff.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

I can confirm Barrett's rumour that senior players are dissatisfied with the coach. My source is someone who knows the players and talks to them on a social basis every couple weeks of weeks or so. I can't confirm the seriousness of their dissatisfaction, but it has me worried. Also, if Barrett knows it and I know it, surely the club knows it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am dissatisfied with the senior players .
    Except for a few they had poor years.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm dissatisfied with the coach he has had 3 poor years
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    All his credibility went down the toilet with his support of key Essendon figures in the drugs scandal. He has allowed his bias to overrule his objectivity. Despite his position at the Herald Sun he is increasingly becoming a lightweight in the industry, and deservedly so. Who takes him seriously now? Bit of a pity as I did like his take on a lot of onfield footy stuff.
    He has become a parody of himself now too.

Post Thanks / Like

Caro said directly this week on Footy Classified that there were major problems at the Kennel. She mentioned problems
    between senior and younger players if memory serves, as well as with the coach.

Post Thanks / Like

So the players should not be held to any accountability?

Post Thanks / Like

With a poor list. What more did you expect?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

There were issues reported at the end of 2013 between senior and younger players. Clearly they have not been fixed. The upcoming pre-season will be very interesting indeed.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

If we lose quality young players because of this I'll be so pissed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    My problem with Caro is that she has never seemed interested in the football itself. All you ever hear is negativity and politics. Maybe she sees it as the niche she can fill as a football journo, but it really comes across as someone who is simply searching for drama.
    That's her role - she gets the tough gigs as a journo because The Age know she's the best they've got.
    I'd take her columns over Quayle's fluff pieces.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    That's her role - she gets the tough gigs as a journo because The Age know she's the best they've got.
    I enjoy Emma's fluff pieces, but also Caro's tough questioning of clubs. I think there is a need for both.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Wilson would be the only chief writer for any sport, and for any newspaper I'm the world, that goes home once the game starts. She has no interest in the game, even less idea how it's played, and makes her living muck raking the sport the pays her bills.

Add in the fact that most of her stories are driven by personal agendas and I couldn't have less respect for her.

Quayle at least has some knowledge of the game and can provide some insight into younger players otherwise not available.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships