Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  522
Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Maybe some self restraint might be better for people’s sanity
    Some people take the media far too seriously.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    We all know hes a moron yet some get hung up on everything he says. I dont get it either.
    But we are all in here reading it !
    Actually started it 4 years ago , I couldn’t see the future and it would grow this much! Just goes to show he has actually had it in for us for many years and yeah I’m Facinated by his stories and how he arrives at them or actually does any homework at all.
    Be nice for him to actually write one that is close to the truth and has an actual basis of fact in it.
    I believe he goes to bed thinking about another negative story on us every night.
    Funny how an average player who is a free agent leaves us for more coin and years and we are shabby but players like Gaff or Lynch or McGovern leave and those clubs aren’t shabby. He doesn’t mention that we have signed 4 players in the last week either . So one out of 5 is leaving and we are shabby ? Did he not at least look at our list and see we have many of his ilk ? Did he not see that a father/son under 18 AA is coming to the club who will probably take his position ? The bloke is a nuff.
    Dahlhaus is a dime a dozen player, a club is offering overs to get him , so be it. Pity he can’t write that.
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes Twodogs, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe some self restraint might be better for people’s sanity
    Why do you care? People can vent if they want. Everything he writes is negative publicity. I recall lots of people on this forum carrying on about our own media department - same difference
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He's vile and has an extreme dislike for our coach, sadly he might be on the mark with problems behind the scenes. I just don't/can't buy into that Dahl, who not long ago said he loves the club and wants to stay walk away from us for just an extra year on the end of his contract. Of course I don't know the figures offered but someone who wants to mb be here probably would have made that sacrifice to stay on. Something does seem a little smelly here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    He's vile and has an extreme dislike for our coach, sadly he might be on the mark with problems behind the scenes. I just don't/can't buy into that Dahl, who not long ago said he loves the club and wants to stay walk away from us for just an extra year on the end of his contract. Of course I don't know the figures offered but someone who wants to mb be here probably would have made that sacrifice to stay on. Something does seem a little smelly here.
    Maybe Dahl has "sniffed the breeze" and realised his spot in the best 22 is not assured, while Geelong have promised him the world.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    We all know hes a moron yet some get hung up on everything he says. I dont get it either.
    I wouldn't hear about him if he wasn't brought up here. But then I don't really consume the AFL media gruel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I wouldn't hear about him if he wasn't brought up here. But then I don't really consume the AFL media gruel.
    Same same.

Post Thanks / Like

As someone who has gotten worked up about this soulless windbag, I've taken some of the advice on this thread on board. I don't read any of it anymore, and if you're on twitter etc I can recommend un-following almost all AFL related accounts. It's mostly garbage.

One of my big issues with him is the platform - if ESPN Australia covered AFL like they do the NBA, he'd be perfect in a Stephen A Smith type of role. But he's not, he's part of the governing body's media arm, and they should know better....but Gil et al have consistently proven their lack of judgement so it's no big shock.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why do you care? People can vent if they want. Everything he writes is negative publicity. I recall lots of people on this forum carrying on about our own media department - same difference
    Must be my caring nature
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Must be my caring nature
    I thought as much
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes SlimPickens liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I loathe bringing attention to this scumbag but his sliding doors article today is absurd. Here's the snippets:

Gold Coast
    If: you can indeed somehow get the AFL to approve you ripping up Steven May's contract, which would make him an immediate free agent and thus get you pick four in the draft, behind picks two and three which you already have ...

Then: you have to do it. Forget what May and his management may be saying, they've been actively exploring options for a very long time. Their actions speak louder than their words.

Is this really possible? Surely not!

Dogs:
    If:
    you think you're getting end-of-first-round compo for Dahlhaus ...

Then: don't lock it in. Probably late second round. Mind you, the AFL "formula" has the potential to make it virtually anything.

If we get end of second for Dahl's rumoured contract then the whole system is a farce. I feel like he's just trying to sink the boots in again for his hate to Bev

14. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also:

If
    we've told you one thing all year ...

then
    it is this: Steve Hocking is not going to listen to those who swipe their Myki ticket every day for the 5.45am Outrage Train Express (hello Grant Thomas). Hocking will do what he believes is right for the game. The AFL Commission must approve everything he asks for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I loathe bringing attention to this scumbag but his sliding doors article today is absurd. Here's the snippets:

Gold Coast
    If: you can indeed somehow get the AFL to approve you ripping up Steven May's contract, which would make him an immediate free agent and thus get you pick four in the draft, behind picks two and three which you already have ...

Then: you have to do it. Forget what May and his management may be saying, they've been actively exploring options for a very long time. Their actions speak louder than their words.

Dogs:
    If:

Then: don't lock it in. Probably late second round. Mind you, the AFL "formula" has the potential to make it virtually anything.

If we get end of second for Dahl's rumoured contract then the whole system is a farce. I feel like he's just trying to sink the boots in again for his hate to Bev
    As much as I dislike the worm I don't have a problem with either of those.

The Herald Sun have a story about the attempt to make May a free agent: Steven May expected to request trade out of Gold Coast after meeting with Victorian clubs
    A proposal to make May a free agent this year, following a precedent used by Brisbane and Gold Coast with Jared Brennan in 2010, has been ruled illegal by the AFL.

Under AFL rules, a contract can be torn up by mutual agreement.

Under the left field proposal, May and the Suns would mutually agree to part ways which would make him uncontracted and automatically a restricted free agent.

It was suggested that the Suns should then qualify for a compensation pick directly tied to their existing first-round selection.

Given they already hold pick two and will receive pick three for Tom Lynch, May should in theory secure the next selection.
    The second one sounds like he is having a go at the AFL and the compensation system rather than us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post

Gold Coast

Dogs:
    If:

He thinks we'll get band 4 compensation for Dahl; that's as big a joke as you can get

Post Thanks / Like

That's what we will get. End of second round.

Length of contract (apparently) does not play a part in determining compensation...

If we were to trade Luke, we wouldn't get a first round pick for him (or I don't think we would). Because Port Adelaide got overs for Motlop doesn't mean the AFL wont fix that sort of mistake...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.