Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  521
Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    [B]

Pravda? Really?
    Yep. That is until he disagreed with the choice of vodka served in the tea room.

Now he writes for a similar regime- AFL website
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

He writes for the AFL website

Post Thanks / Like

How good does that sound. Four goals in a half to help win a prelim. Will always be a bulldogs legend young Smith

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I read the H/S most days but the Age is no longer worth the money they want for it so I rarely read that.
    Statement does not compute.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes azabob, hujsh, Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

this says it all IMO...

North Melbourne
    IF: you want to have a crack at this club for targeting big names who ultimately say no ...
    THEN: go your hardest. But at least it's having a crack and still getting significant deals done.

And in the same article:

Western Bulldogs
    IF: good players want to leave and other good players don't want to come ...
    THEN: there's probably something in that.

He is a Kangas fan.

8. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he's not wrong I guess.

I know he gets everyone(or almost everyone) triggered around here but we don't attract anyone good and there has been quite a few leave over the last few seasons.
    The curse is dead.

10. Thanks ledge thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post

I know he gets everyone(or almost everyone) triggered around here but we don't attract anyone good and there has been quite a few leave over the last few seasons.

That’s a complete fallacy. 5 changes a year is the least you can do for a start and the year we lost our so called big names we won a flag two years later. Don’t get big names for the sake of getting them, recruit a team that will gel and get the right mind set and game plan that suits . I am dumbfound why Richmond has got Lynch, also Hawks trading away Burton ( if its the case) could do more damage to the Hawks than making the hawks a better side with Wingard.
    History has proved if you trade out a player who is popular loved and respected it can destroy a club.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    this says it all IMO...

North Melbourne
    IF: you want to have a crack at this club for targeting big names who ultimately say no ...
    THEN: go your hardest. But at least it's having a crack and still getting significant deals done.

And in the same article:

Western Bulldogs
    IF: good players want to leave and other good players don't want to come ...
    THEN: there's probably something in that.

He is a Kangas fan.
    Perfect example of how unprofessional he is, he doesn’t think how he contradicts himself, how much he has made it known he supports the kangas and hates us in 4 sentences.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Petty I know, but it really irritates me that he uses "having a crack" in a negative sense in the first half and then again as a positive in the second half of the statement. You work with words, mate, be a bit creative with your craft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post

Players are just so overrated this time of the year. Aaron Hall is at best flakey and Pittard is dime a dozen . They overpaid for Polec , who is decent , but not at that price . They’re travelling 1 from 10 in bringing in names . Dahlhaus has fallen off the cliff , and Adams is way to injury prone . I know it’s unfashionable this time of year, but trust the draft

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is pointless I think. His job is to get emotional responses and create discussion which he is clearly doing well. Hutchy likes the American way of creating something from nothing and stirring the hornests nest with contrived conflict and controversy. Barrett is his star pupil. Kane Cornes his latest protege. Rise above Woofers !

16. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    This thread is pointless I think. His job is to get emotional responses and create discussion which he is clearly doing well. Hutchy likes the American way of creating something from nothing and stirring the hornests nest with contrived conflict and controversy. Barrett is his star pupil. Kane Cornes his latest protege. Rise above Woofers !
    It's basically become a Barrett Blog. As much as Ledge and others say they don't like him, his every word on the weekly sliding doors thread will be challenged and bagged here. It's actually exactly what Barrett wants.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes chef, hujsh, Grantysghost, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's basically become a Barrett Blog. As much as Ledge and others say they don't like him, his every word on the weekly sliding doors thread will be challenged and bagged here. It's actually exactly what Barrett wants.
    Unfortunately, it appears to have had a similar effect on the coach ... speaking of rising above it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Unfortunately, it appears to have had a similar effect on the coach ... speaking of rising above it.
    Yep, Bevo needs to walk away as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Yep, Bevo needs to walk away as well.
    Easier said than done ...

I mean, who among you doesn't want to launch a fist through your screen this very instant?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

22. Likes hujsh liked this post