Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  512
Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's not how you spell wanker.
    Good spotting. I can't abide poor spelling.

BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Thanks chef, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I get that - I still take issue with the vehicle (AFL media) and their need for shitful clickbait

Does everything have to be about money?*

*Don’t answer that
    Houses. It's all about houses.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Houses. It's all about houses.
    Who needs two houses? Nobody.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We have a culture that wants to whinge about what people say rather than just ignore them. In the end ratings wins the day and Barrett has a strong following regardless that he just isn't that good.
    He throws out the bait and people bite again and again. This thread was started 4 years ago and Barrett's brand of sarcasm and ridicule is just intoxicating for some people.

I live near a retired lady who used to whinge every day about Neil Mitchell, she hated him with a passion but her whole morning was planned around listening to and then criticizing his show. She couldn't never switch him off.

Barrett has come up with a winning formula like it or not.
    They say the person you actively 'hate' reflects your shadow side. You relate to them, understand them but are irritated by them because they reflect things about yourself that you don't like. You get fixated by them. All the whingers about Barrett, Trump etc, watch out, he might be more like you than you'd like to admit.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

Exactly! You can only live in one at a time.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    They say the person you actively 'hate' reflects your shadow side. You relate to them, understand them but are irritated by them because they reflect things about yourself that you don't like. You get fixated by them. All the whingers about Barrett, Trump etc, watch out, he might be more like you than you'd like to admit.
    Always interested in what 'they' say.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! You can only live in one at a time.
    you can always astral travel to the other.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Only someone who has never played Monopoly would ask such a question.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost tempted to start watching the Footy Show now ...

The Footy Show exodus begins as Damian Barrett ends his relationship with the program
    Fiona Byrne, Sunday Herald Sun
    an hour ago
    Subscriber only

THE exodus from The Footy Show has begun with relentless newshound Damian Barrett ending his relationship with the program.

While the future of the controversial football show is still unclear — Nine is yet to make any comment about whether the brand will continue into next year — Barrett is on the move.

Barrett will take on an expanded role at AFL.com.au, which he has been a part of for the past nine years, and will effectively become the face of the platform leading with opinion, analysis and news breaking.

He exits The Footy Show after a decade but is expected be involved with other Nine footy related shows.

“I don’t know what is going on with it,” he said of The Footy Show on The Sounding Board podcast.

“I had done it for nine or 10 years. I loved every minute of it inclusive of this year where it has had more problems than it has had in the past.

“I love the show, I will always love the show but there just comes a time …. it just is the right time to put that part of your life behind you.

“It was a great time, a great show and I hope whatever goes on next year with it on the Thursday platform is successful.”
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Almost tempted to start watching the Footy Show now ...

The Footy Show exodus begins as Damian Barrett ends his relationship with the program
    Fiona Byrne, Sunday Herald Sun
    an hour ago
    Subscriber only

THE exodus from The Footy Show has begun with relentless newshound Damian Barrett ending his relationship with the program.

While the future of the controversial football show is still unclear — Nine is yet to make any comment about whether the brand will continue into next year — Barrett is on the move.

Barrett will take on an expanded role at AFL.com.au, which he has been a part of for the past nine years, and will effectively become the face of the platform leading with opinion, analysis and news breaking.

He exits The Footy Show after a decade but is expected be involved with other Nine footy related shows.

“I don’t know what is going on with it,” he said of The Footy Show on The Sounding Board podcast.

“I had done it for nine or 10 years. I loved every minute of it inclusive of this year where it has had more problems than it has had in the past.

“I love the show, I will always love the show but there just comes a time …. it just is the right time to put that part of your life behind you.

“It was a great time, a great show and I hope whatever goes on next year with it on the Thursday platform is successful.”
    ---

Rats, sinking ships ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He definitely holds a grudge

If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post

Sooooooo baseline...….let's see it escalate from here (rubs the lotion on his skin......where's the hose?).
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

All AFL media stinks, quite frankly. It is a natural extension of the corrupt Australian media, snide, self-entitled, so quick to remind you how many Walkley's they have won.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's wonderful that Barrett unites the football world.

Sure it's against him, but it's still united. Find someone that likes him. I challenge you.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post

That was for round one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.