Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  512
Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    He definitely holds a grudge

I think the answer is an emphatic 'Yes he does' after Saturday night's showing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    He definitely holds a grudge

So Barrett defines Bevo as going into a ‘frenzy’ when raising quite legitimately a topical matter amongst the coaches and past Club leaders, and without our Club represented on Hocking’s Mates Club, and yet the likes of the Scott brothers, Buckley etc very regularly use their platform to air all matters of grievances with the AFL without such vilification and disrespect coming their way from this bottom feeder.

As the AFL starts to get heavy on social media trolls Barrett would be a great place for them to start.

3. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He concentrated on having a go at the Marvel surface (referencing the Suckling incident) this week.

Topical? Yes.
    An issue? Yes.
    But mostly he just wrote about it so he didn’t have to give the us a positive for the win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    He concentrated on having a go at the Marvel surface (referencing the Suckling incident) this week.

Topical? Yes.
    An issue? Yes.
    But mostly he just wrote about it so he didn’t have to give the us a positive for the win.
    You’d think a reference to Bont or Naughton or even Libba might have been warranted, but nah.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett is rebarbative scum, unworthy of reading or discussion.
    A waste of electrons adding to this thread, he doesn't deserve one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Insufficient Intent View Post
    Barrett is rebarbative scum, unworthy of reading or discussion.
    A waste of electrons adding to this thread, he doesn't deserve one.
    And you read it and added to it :-)
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

What frustrates me most is not Barrett himself, but the AFL's endorsement of sub-standard journalism. To listen to Access all areas, where Lyon and co stuff up our player's names, dwell on petty things and give cursory analysis, it grinds me that the AFL has decided thus: Yes, this is the best we have to give. Shaun Carney could write about AFL than all the current ones put together. The Barrett 'brand' is so lacking in genuine humor, insight or real analysis.

I have to work here in China with some self-entitled people who got jobs at our org because of family connections. They are shit at their job, but walk around like peacocks. Barrett rubs me the same way. What has he done to earn his position? Basically he sucks up to people a lot!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

9. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Bevo can hold him down while Hodge fixes him up
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Never thought this day would happen but I agree with Barrett. That in-game interview with Hodge added absolutely nothing to the coverage, but why am I not surprised that those complete and utter arseholes at ch 7 think that interviewing a player gasping for breath on the bench while the game is actually happening makes for good TV?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Decent little patch by the Saints, stiff not to be unbeaten...Damo though thinks it’s time to run over Hannebery’s recruitment again.

Borrowing a line I saw on Twitter - the game is genuinely worse for his involvement
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bevo can hold him down while Hodge fixes him up
    Looks to me like he hit a nerve. Maybe we can interview Luke whilst he's drink driving and we can see who the knob really is. It's Barrett but you get my drift

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Never thought this day would happen but I agree with Barrett. That in-game interview with Hodge added absolutely nothing to the coverage, but why am I not surprised that those complete and utter arseholes at ch 7 think that interviewing a player gasping for breath on the bench while the game is actually happening makes for good TV?
    I agree too but the fact is Barrett as a journo should know that the players EBA was inclusive of more media access , whether it was good tv or not is irrelevant, Barrett saying it was Luke doing it for his own media interest was completely wrong and he of all people should have known that.
    Bring back the biff

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Purple continuing to win hearts and minds ...

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

And it escalated further today when Hodge called him out on it in an interview.
    Barrett couldn’t have too much inside info from any clubs anymore,he has upset just about all clubs by making stupid statements.
    Bring back the biff