Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  512
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That would be seen as a weakness. Best to punch him in the face and remove any doubt I reckon.
    He looks like he is used to being punched but its an illusion or projection but his face does say punch me but thats the evil in me that thinks that.

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett would have to rely on videos for his material as I'm sure he gets nothing from the club.

3. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost certain his strategy is to be as devicive and provoking as he can be w dogs so our fans react.

An active thread in its most die hard online home suggests it works.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I shouldn't but when Purple willingly confirms the obvious ...

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

This chat around Jenkins is getting me very nervous.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If we are paying his $500,000 2020 wage then I completely and utterly agree. But, if they paid a good chunk of his salary and took a pick we won't use (essentially a DFA on the average AFEL wage) then I can be convinced. And as long as this is a steak knives to the Alex Keith trade. But only in these circumstances.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If we are paying his $500,000 2020 wage then I completely and utterly agree. But, if they paid a good chunk of his salary and took a pick we won't use (essentially a DFA on the average AFEL wage) then I can be convinced. And as long as this is a steak knives to the Alex Keith trade. But only in these circumstances.
    Apparently he has $800k remaining over the last two years (according to a Crows fan).
    Not sure that changes much but I've moved into the 'acceptance' phase of this rumour.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Apparently he has $800k remaining over the last two years (according to a Crows fan).
    Not sure that changes much but I've moved into the 'acceptance' phase of this rumour.
    $400,000 a year isn't too bad. But I'm not interested unless Keith is part of the deal. For something like Williams and a minor pick/upgrade, and they get salary cap relief.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I don't want him anywhere near VU Whitten Oval
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't want him anywhere near VU Whitten Oval
    Any specifics?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Any specifics?
    We don't need a lumbering 31 year old player in the forward line. Schache and Naughton are the future

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't need a lumbering 31 year old player in the forward line. Schache and Naughton are the future
    So it's his age that has you not wanting him anywhere near the club? I thought it might have been something more sinister given the strong statement.
    The age consideration really shouldn't come into it.

I don't think we need Jenkins but I don't have an issue if the club thinks we need another taller player who can help out in the ruck a bit. It hardly threatens the club or the playing list especially when so many people also look at our age and experiences profile to explain losses. His form has been patchy which has me questioning his value but I do find it interesting that we are apparently considering Harley Bennell but won't have a bar of Jenkins

Post Thanks / Like

So it's his age that has you not wanting him anywhere near the club? I thought it might have been something more sinister given the strong statement.
    The age consideration really shouldn't come into it.

I don't think we need Jenkins but I don't have an issue if the club thinks we need another taller player who can help out in the ruck a bit. It hardly threatens the club or the playing list especially when so many people also look at our age and experiences profile to explain losses. His form has been patchy which has me questioning his value but I do find it interesting that we are apparently considering Harley Bennell but won't have a bar of Jenkins
    You missed a vital word, "Lumbering". To me he is an old fashioned FF. When he doesn't have the ball, he won't be chasing much and will therefore be a liability.

Post Thanks / Like

You missed a vital word, "Lumbering". To me he is an old fashioned FF. When he doesn't have the ball, he won't be chasing much and will therefore be a liability.
    No, the vital word is age. It's the same reason you challenged Bailey Dale's inclusion a few weeks back. Wasn't it something like he's 23 and had enough chances?

So you don't want a lumbering key forward but would role the dice on Bennell who's played 2 senior games in 4 years? I get Bennell at his best is a good player but he hasn't been able to get on the park for four years. Prior to this season Jenkins has played a 20 games plus for the previous 5 years. Is Jenkins really that much of a risk?

Post Thanks / Like

No, the vital word is age. It's the same reason you challenged Bailey Dale's inclusion a few weeks back. Wasn't it something like he's 23 and had enough chances?

So you don't want a lumbering key forward but would role the dice on Bennell who's played 2 senior games in 4 years? I get Bennell at his best is a good player but he hasn't been able to get on the park for four years. Prior to this season Jenkins has played a 20 games plus for the previous 5 years. Is Jenkins really that much of a risk?
    No the word is lumbering.

Jury still out on Dale. He was playing shocking footy and had been on the list for 7 years. Saved himself With a couple of good games but needs to back it up.

On Harley, yes I would give a potential A grader a go