Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  521
Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Apart from "gotta earn those dollars, no room for GLORY BOYS in the AFL", is there any tangible well-evidenced argument of exactly *why* the Boyd deal was bad? Have we experienced any negative effect stemming from it? Anything at all? We've re-signed everyone we've wanted to, still attracted free agents, haven't had to squeeze anyone out, haven't missed out on attracting anyone to the club, etc.

I've said it ad nauseum, but there really is nothing that gets you hated more easily and irrationally than having the nerve to make money playing AFL football.
    Contrast the situation in Sydney(post Buddy), where they were unable to retain Shane Biggs (Thanks) or Nic Malceski.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Contrast the situation in Sydney(post Buddy), where they were unable to retain Shane Biggs (Thanks) or Nic Malceski.
    They also lost Mumford to allow the deal to occur.

3. Likes Bulldog Joe, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I hear a while back that 'Damo' blocks people on Twitter who challenge his opinions?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Did I hear a while back that 'Damo' blocks people on Twitter who challenge his opinions?
    Apparently so.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Happily admitted it on his podcast. Anything negative and instantly blocked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Happily admitted it on his podcast. Anything negative and instantly blocked.
    How do you know if you are blocked

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Like the prepubescent man baby his articles demonstrate he is.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I was just reading that Tom Scully has extended his contract with GWS. Can you believe that Tom Scully, a former number draft pick, was prized way from Melbourne in 2011 with a six year offer worth $6,000,000?

That's right, a player trade involving GWS and a Victorian club over a former first pick player and large contract has actually occurred before 2014. Only thing is, I don't recall Damett banging on about it really ever at all, let alone for two years. Or maybe I'm mistaken by the facts.

(Damett is not only a joining of his names, but it's also what I say when I've spent 60 seconds reading some shite column and realise it was his shite column and I've once again lost another 60 seconds of my life I can never regain. Use it and it'll stick and annoy the egomaniac, so please tell your friends to use it.)
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 19-06-2016 at 02:02 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I was just reading that Tom Scully has extended his contract with GWS. Can you believe that Tom Scully, a former number draft pick, was prized way from Melbourne in 2011 with a six year offer worth $6,000,000?

That's right, a player trade involving GWS and a Victorian club over a former first pick player and large contract has actually occurred before 2014. Only thing is, I don't recall Damett banging on about it really ever at all, let alone for two years. Or maybe I'm mistaken by the facts.

(Damett is not only a joining of his names, but it's also what I say when I've spent 60 seconds reading some shite column and realise it was his shite column and I've once again lost another 60 seconds of my life I can never regain. Use it and it'll stick and annoy the egomaniac, so please tell your friends to use it.)
    Scully has now taken a pay cut.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes, Boyd may too. That's not the point.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Boyd may too. That's not the point.
    Just a comment, understand your point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That's GWS PR spin. He's extended his contract for less money (think it's approx $500k) than he's currently on because let's face it, who's going to continue to stump up the $1M for Tom Scully that he's been paid for the past few years. He's improved this year but he's the highest paid underachiever in league footy.

He's not taking a pay cut for the good of the team, he's just being paid what he's actually worth.

I hope we can engage in the same spin when Boyd's next contract is negotiated!

Post Thanks / Like

That's GWS PR spin. He's extended his contract for less money (think it's approx $500k) than he's currently on because let's face it, who's going to continue to stump up the $1M for Tom Scully that he's been paid for the past few years. He's improved this year but he's the highest paid underachiever in league footy.

He's not taking a pay cut for the good of the team, he's just being paid what he's actually worth.

A three time premiership vice captain, and twice Norm Smith medalist taking a pay cut. Hate to say this, but you're dreaming.

Post Thanks / Like

They're talking Brad Scott, and Barrett's left and replaced by Judd
    Bit to close to home Barrett?

Post Thanks / Like

A three time premiership vice captain, and twice Norm Smith medalist taking a pay cut. Hate to say this, but you're dreaming.

Yep. If all go according to plan by the time we have to negotiate his next contract we will have to pay him far more than this contract pays. With Tom being the greatest player of all time and everything
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

17. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post