Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brendan McCartney to remain Western Bulldogs coach despite a major review

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Sorry chef, I'm being pedantic and I apologise.
    I have been over on the Silly big footy, and I've read Garlic continuously
    Thats cool buddy.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If we don't win at least nine games, draw one, and lose three by no more than ten points then I think next year will be a failure.
    Its worth remembering that we lost 5 games this year by led than 2 goals, all of which came with a quarter long lapse. Turn three of those results around and all of a sudden we are 10-12 this year.

3. Likes chef, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always thought that Macca won't be the coach that will take us to playing deep into finals. He was renowned for being a great teacher and development coach (on the back of his work with Geelong) and was perfect at the time for where our list was at when he got the job. If he turned out to be a good match day coach or could grow into the role that would be great, but I have always felt that when the time come he would be moved on for a coach who can lead a team of players who can carry out instructions and are ready to take the next step. This is not a knock on McCartney because he has done his job reasonably well in my eyes. Yes he and everyone else would have loved to have seen more wins over his tenure, but his job was to teach and develop a young group of players that are hardened and ready to play a brand of football that will stand up in finals, and apart from our last month and a half this year I believe he had us heading in the right direction. As Westdog54 said in the above post, if a few of those close loses were wins this year we may not be having this discussion. I hope Macca is going to be the coach to take us to the ultimate prize but I I won't be surprised if he is not. I just hope that he is recognised WHEN we do win this elusive premiership.

5. Likes Mofra, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I have always thought that Macca won't be the coach that will take us to playing deep into finals. He was renowned for being a great teacher and development coach (on the back of his work with Geelong) and was perfect at the time for where our list was at when he got the job. If he turned out to be a good match day coach or could grow into the role that would be great, but I have always felt that when the time come he would be moved on for a coach who can lead a team of players who can carry out instructions and are ready to take the next step. This is not a knock on McCartney because he has done his job reasonably well in my eyes. Yes he and everyone else would have loved to have seen more wins over his tenure, but his job was to teach and develop a young group of players that are hardened and ready to play a brand of football that will stand up in finals, and apart from our last month and a half this year I believe he had us heading in the right direction. As Westdog54 said in the above post, if a few of those close loses were wins this year we may not be having this discussion. I hope Macca is going to be the coach to take us to the ultimate prize but I I won't be surprised if he is not. I just hope that he is recognised WHEN we do win this elusive premiership.
    Well said.