Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs hope to improve draft position in bid to secure needed key forward

Wonder if we could involve Carlton and Garlett to upgrade our pick.

Carlton trade pick 7 and Garlett to Melboure.
    We trade pick 6 and Jones to Carlton
    Melbourne Trade pick 3 to Dogs.

We go up the order, Jones and Garlett get to their designated clubs.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs hope to improve draft position in bid to secure needed key forward

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post

We go up the order Jones and Garlett get to their designated clubs we move
    up the draft order.
    My reaction is we seem to be the least successful in that. Could we swap second rounders with Melbourne too? (pick 23 for 26) That might clinch the deal?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We go up the order Jones and Garlett get to their designated clubs we move
    up the draft order.
    The big unknown is, how much are those picks in between worth? I think that is what clubs and the public struggle with.

Melbourne have history of doing it though. The question is Gartlett a big enough fish like Dom Tyson?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    My reaction is we seem to be the least successful in that. Could we swap second rounders with Melbourne too? (pick 23 for 26) That might clinch the deal?
    6 to 3 is a good jump and gives us a very good chance at obtaining one of McCartin or Wright. Every club in this trade gets what they want, whilst no one "wins" dramatically.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The big unknown is, how much are those picks in between worth? I think that is what clubs and the public struggle with.

Melbourne have history of doing it though. The question is Gartlett a big enough fish like Dom Tyson?
    Probably not but to still have two picks in the top 10 and Garlett is a good result for Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

We go up the order, Jones and Garlett get to their designated clubs.
    I was thinking this but I don't think Melbourne will go for it.

Would they accept pick 6 and 26 for pick 3? Highly unlikely.

Could they get Garlett for pick 30+, highly likely.

Therefore Garlett<pick 26, so its a weaker deal than our first and second rounders combined.

I would imagine they would ask for the proposed three way trade plus our pick 26 or an equivalent player. Whether they could be talked down to a pick upgrade instead of 26 outright would remain to be seen.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I was thinking this but I don't think Melbourne will go for it.

Would they accept pick 6 and 26 for pick 3? Highly unlikely.

Could they get Garlett for pick 30+, highly likely.

Therefore Garlett<pick 26, so its a weaker deal than our first and second rounders combined.

I would imagine they would ask for the proposed three way trade plus our pick 26 or an equivalent player. Whether they could be talked down to a pick upgrade instead of 26 outright would remain to be seen.
    If we could get Tutt to change his mind and choose the dees then we could add him to the equation. Dees will get Garlett and Tutt for a 3 pick downgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Tutt doesn't really add any value though. He is a pick 60 trade at best.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Probably not but to still have two picks in the top 10 and Garlett is a good result for Melbourne.
    Would you take going from pick 6 to 9 for Jeff Garlett? Roos would get absolutely slaughtered. In my mind Garlett is worth a fourth round pick at best

10. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawks (19) to GWS for O'Rourke
    Bulldogs (6), (26) & Talia to GWS
    GWS (4) & (19) to Dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Disagree BT. We are very successful in the quoted scenario. Melbourne are the ones who are missing out. Carlton are the big winners. Jones plus a pick upgrade for a player they might delist if no trade eventuates. Carlton would need to add something more for Melbourne.
    Perhaps the 3rd rounder they are prepared to pay for Jones could come to us and the Higgins compo to Melbourne.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I am all for moving up the draft order where possible provided we don't overpay too much.

One trade or move I had been thinking about was whether or not Gold Coast might be interested in swapping our pick 6 + pick 26 for their pick 8 + 15? If they rated a particular player high enough then it may be of value to them, and for us (assuming we couldn't get a deal done for an earlier pick) we can secure two highly rated players (such as a Lever/Marchbank combo or what not) and really bolster our ranks from whats viewed as a fairly even draft inside the top 15 picks.

There could be some further changes not unlike the Melbourne/Tyson trade, but with all the talk of trading to move up the order, should we potentially be looking at moving the other way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Would you take going from pick 6 to 9 for Jeff Garlett? Roos would get absolutely slaughtered. In my mind Garlett is worth a fourth round pick at best
    If that's what we needed maybe. I think Carlton would expect more than a fourth round for Garlett. Melbourne need to overhaul their list and if they want Garlett and Lumumba it may require some creative thinking like this. Dropping 4 places in this draft especially at the pointy end isn't a terrible result in the trade I outlined.

Post Thanks / Like

If that's what we needed maybe. I think Carlton would expect more than a fourth round for Garlett. Melbourne need to overhaul their list and if they want Garlett and Lumumba it may require some creative thinking like this. Dropping 4 places in this draft especially at the pointy end isn't a terrible result in the trade I outlined.
    We'll have to agree to disagree but I do think it's a terrible result for them. Lumumba will go for a pick in the 30's, probably the 33 they'll get for Clark and Carlton will take whatever they can get for Garlett considering they've pretty much decided he and Robinson won't be at the club next year...nor does anyone else want him. I'd hardly call adding two flankers who no one else really wants and with differing off-field issues 'overhauling their list' or requiring 'creative thinking' to get.

Melbourne have an opportunity to do a Stringer/Macrae combo except with picks even further up the order...they aren't going to throw it away for anything but a good young midfielder ie. Hrovat.