Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  25
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zaine Cordy - Welcome to the Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He also nullified a few contests and was clean with ball in hand for his first possession. Pretty nice start, IMO.

Will he play a full game next week?
    Yes I believe he will

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He also nullified a few contests and was clean with ball in hand for his first possession. Pretty nice start, IMO.

Will he play a full game next week?
    I reckon so.

You'd think a few of the core players who have been up a long time will get the week off next week and a number of younger types like ZC will get a final chance to impress for a finals spot.

Should be great to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully plays a full game this week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Has signed a contract extension till end of 2018.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Has signed a contract extension till end of 2018.
    I put that down to me. Great news.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw him a couple of weeks ago, and I swear he's grown a couple of inches.

Secondly, this Cordy has the goods. He can really play. He and Hunter are the two smokey Father/Sons we needed.

Post Thanks / Like

He has a bit of the mongrel in the way he attacks the ball and the opposition. @Like.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Or is that meant to be #Like?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I saw him a couple of weeks ago, and I swear he's grown a couple of inches.

Secondly, this Cordy has the goods. He can really play. He and Hunter are the two smokey Father/Sons we needed.
    In a TAC game 2 years ago, the Falcons were 5-6 goals down in the last quarter. Zaine won it, from full back mind you, off his own boot (repeat gut running, tackling and hand balling too). That's one of the best quarters of footy I've seen at TAC level. He's going to be a hell of a player if he reaches his potential and he's got at least 3 years to do it. If he has grown taller then he's the all round defensive package to play on talls but I love, love, love his counter attacking footy and running especially for such a big bloke. To think we picked him up for 72 or whatever it was when BMac told a group of us at a function he was happy enough to see us use the Higgo compo (pick 27) on him if pushed to do so after watching him very closely for several years. #winning
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    He has a bit of the mongrel in the way he attacks the ball and the opposition. @Like.
    His tackling was a standout feature imo as a junior. He has arms which look too long for his body which is good for spoiling, but good for wrapping up blokes and he likes to make them count. I can't wait to see him mature physically and then whether Bevo sees him more as an attacking tall and rebounding defender or more lock down.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought we weren't going to be able to keep our young blokes ?

Post Thanks / Like

Good news. Hopefully he can put some muscles on his light frame.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this has been posted yet, it's a short documentary on Zaine that was seemingly made as a Year 12 project.

16. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    In a TAC game 2 years ago, the Falcons were 5-6 goals down in the last quarter. Zaine won it, from full back mind you, off his own boot (repeat gut running, tackling and hand balling too). That's one of the best quarters of footy I've seen at TAC level. He's going to be a hell of a player if he reaches his potential and he's got at least 3 years to do it. If he has grown taller then he's the all round defensive package to play on talls but I love, love, love his counter attacking footy and running especially for such a big bloke. To think we picked him up for 72 or whatever it was when BMac told a group of us at a function he was happy enough to see us use the Higgo compo (pick 27) on him if pushed to do so after watching him very closely for several years. #winning
    Freo bid 51 & we used 62
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Only thing Bmac might have gotten right if push came to shove, eh BT!

To your following point about his tackling, it's interesting to note Bev regarded his impact in his debut game as being defined by his first notable tackling act.

He's got a long way to go, and a significant amount of competition to beat to earn a spot in the coming years.

We're in a good place on that front.