Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  25
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zaine Cordy - Welcome to the Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    By foot potentially, he has shown good ability to hit a target by foot and get the ball to its destination quickly, even at times under pressure. Gilbee's strength as his peak was that he could also defend quite well, something that looks a real weakness for Darley. Hopefully it's a focus for him over the preseason and he shows improvement in this area.
    We will need both Cordy and Darley to step up with the careers of Morris Picken and Murphy rapidly coming to a close. Brian Cordy was a very capable half back for the Bulldogs and it appears that Zaine has the capabilities to emulate his Father's abilities.

Post Thanks / Like

By foot potentially, he has shown good ability to hit a target by foot and get the ball to its destination quickly, even at times under pressure. Gilbee's strength as his peak was that he could also defend quite well, something that looks a real weakness for Darley. Hopefully it's a focus for him over the preseason and he shows improvement in this area.
    Big concern - he looked vulnerable defending at VFL level in the finals. Needs to get much stronger in the contest.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Gilbee was excellent defensively one-on-one, especially with his spoiling ability in a marking contest. He used to even take the resting ruckman on occasions and hardly ever got outmarked. Darley has the ability to become a real asset for us but he really needs to improve his one-on-one defensive work. Ditto JJ. You are a defender first and foremost and these guys need to keep improving that craft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep, Gilbee was excellent defensively one-on-one, especially with his spoiling ability in a marking contest. He used to even take the resting ruckman on occasions and hardly ever got outmarked. Darley has the ability to become a real asset for us but he really needs to improve his one-on-one defensive work. Ditto JJ. You are a defender first and foremost and these guys need to keep improving that craft.
    That's an area Harbrow was quite good in too. You're right, both JJ and Darley need to get better defensively to cover the holes Gilbee and Harbrow left.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Im not trying to disagree, but we are underplaying how elite a kick Hargrave was

Superb kick of a footy, No gilbee level, but then Gilbee was the top 1% ever to play IMO
    Don't remember him being a great kick but this might just be my memory. He was definitely a long kick and he sure loved bombing the ball into the forward 50, but so did just about everyone at one point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Don't remember him being a great kick but this might just be my memory. He was definitely a long kick and he sure loved bombing the ball into the forward 50, but so did just about everyone at one point.
    He was quite tidy, though prone to semi-regular howlers that would result in bad turnovers and opposition scoring opportunities.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He was quite tidy, though prone to semi-regular howlers that would result in bad turnovers and opposition scoring opportunities.

Was that more with his short kicks or the long bombs into the forward 50?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    They needed to edit out the kicks out on the full and when he was caught holding the ball!!!
    May have been looking at different highlights. The one off the website looked really good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsman View Post
    May have been looking at different highlights. The one off the website looked really good.
    The one i viewed had his first kick out on the full and mid way through he was pinged holding the ball.
    Maybe it was the same one the other teams recruiters looked at and thought he wasn't for them.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I was impressed (Watching his highlight video) with his reading of the play and one grab marking, especially with his long dangly arms.

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out, article today that rates Z Cordy as the 24th best available talent in the draft pool!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-0...ctober-edition
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

12. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Callum Twomey still rates Zaine Cordy in the top 30 draft prospects.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-1...ovember-update
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Callum Twomey still rates Zaine Cordy in the top 30 draft prospects.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-1...ovember-update
    I heard that with Macca's son in the Falcons that Macca had a very close eye on Zaine this year and he was prepared to pay higher than we did. I Like what I've seen, I hope he gets to level I think he can.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Check this out, article today that rates Z Cordy as the 24th best available talent in the draft pool!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-0...ctober-edition
    Well hopefully that works out a steal for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Thats a sure sign we've forgotten how lethal a back line with Hargrave, Gilbee, Lake and Harbrow was in setting up play - all were great kicks