Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  50
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Coach resigns

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coach resigns

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Unbelievably poor by PG and SG. Gobsmacked by that.

I now truly question my commitment to the club.

If Griffen stays, I'm gone.
    Sums it up for me.

Post Thanks / Like

#belessshitzu

Post Thanks / Like

I am just shattered. Especially after PG standing firm yesterday. This is a knee-jerk reaction to Griffen packing up his bat and ball. I think this is the worst case scenario after Griffen decision to want a trade. Can we recover from this? I really believed Macca was developing and recruiting for the future and teaching a true football culture. We are a shambles of a football club.

To look on the bright side we will have pick 1 in next year's draft.

Post Thanks / Like

There's just no silver lining at this stage in any of this. That's what is getting to me the most. I can't look at it and say: "oh well, at least we've got ..... to look forward to" (I mean in the immediate time, I know we've still got good players on our list).

Sigh.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I could understand the decision to have Macca resign because his methods of coaching and communication weren't right IF all the ex-premiership geelong players in Mooney, Scarlett, Corey, Ling, Harley didnt back him. They are 110% behind him and backed him for sure. We are too soft. Way too soft

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I am just shattered. Especially after PG standing firm yesterday. This is a knee-jerk reaction to Griffen packing up his bat and ball. I think this is the worst case scenario after Griffen decision to want a trade. Can we recover from this? I really believed Macca was developing and recruiting for the future and teaching a true football culture. We are a shambles of a football club.

To look on the bright side we will have pick 1 in next year's draft.
    Hate to say it but its a midfielders draft

Post Thanks / Like

All the doom and gloom from you guys
    New coach
    Tom Boyd/Cameron? ++for 29 yo Griffen
    Everybody might be happier next week
    Im a bulldog thru and thru
    Throw away lines from some leaving the club... definately not true supporters

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a horrible 24 hours.

Please let this be the end of the bad news, we can't take any more.

That said my support of the Bulldogs is not dependent on the presence or absence of any individuals. If Ivan Milat is appointed coach and Charles Manson is drafted as an inside midfielder I will endure. I'm no quitter, it will take more than this to bring me down. My love is unconditional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hughy31 View Post
    New coach
    Who says that they are leaving the club. Who are you to judge whether they are true supporters or not.

In the heat of the battle people make calls like this - doesn't mean they aren't as passionate about the club as yourself. People are pissed and they have every right to be.

Post Thanks / Like

New coach
    Yeah, it's redeemable for me IF Griffen is traded out.
    If not, well, I'm signing up a golf membership next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Yeah, it's redeemable for me IF Griffen is traded out.
    If not, well, I'm signing up a golf membership next year.
    Cooney and Minson must be traded too. Under no circumstance do I see a position for them.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I might be the odd one out here but I thought PG was as transparent about the events, and the decision making process as you could possibly hope for. Do I agree with the decision they've made?.....No. I feel like they have missed a giant opportunity for cultural change.

Now wait for the assistant coaching exodus.
    I'm probably close to this position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Who says that they are leaving the club. Who are you to judge whether they are true supporters or not.

In the heat of the battle people make calls like this - doesn't mean they aren't as passionate about the club as yourself. People are pissed and they have every right to be.
    Seems like Jaytee and The Bulldog Bite have put forward an ultimatum of leaving if Griffen stays

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post

I think he is referring to some saying that they have switched allegiances to other clubs. But I also take issue with people "throwing in their memberships" because they get a bee in their bonnet (not for financial reasons, that is totally understandable). Our club desperately needs members and you'd think they would have a memory long enough to remember a time when the club nearly went under (or just a few years ago when we won 18 or so games a season for a few years in a row). If they were truly passionate about the club they would want to ensure its survival and contribute financially given the means, no matter how hard things are at present.

There are constructive ways to voice your concerns that don't mean turning your back on the club. Everyone has the right to do the latter, but don't expect full respect from people that would like this club to be around in the long term.

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Jaytee and The Bulldog Bite have put forward an ultimatum of leaving if Griffen stays
    Indeed.

My family has poured money into the club for over 20 years, I couldn't care less if a few supporters thought my ultimatum was over the top.

Everybody has a cut off point. This is mine.
    W00F!