Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  174
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who should we get as our new coach?

Has anyone seen the tweet about Thompson agreeing to being interviewed by the Dogs tomorrow afternoon? I have been told second hand and cannot verify this.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Via Twitter, Bulldogs Online is reporting some of the coaching details

Coaching Roles:
    For 2015 the coaching roles are set to be:
    Daniel Giansiracusa- forward coach
    Joel Corey-midfield coach ,
    Rohan Smith -Defenders Coach
    Steven King Ruck Coach.
    Chris Maple- Development Coach
    While Brent Montgomery would remain as senior assistant coach if he isn't selected as head coach.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really over all the speculation and would like an announcement this week. I know it's something the club has to get right, but it feels like we're a ship without a rudder!
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Via Twitter, Bulldogs Online is reporting some of the coaching details

Coaching Roles:
    For 2015 the coaching roles are set to be:
    Daniel Giansiracusa- forward coach
    Joel Corey-midfield coach ,
    Rohan Smith -Defenders Coach
    Steven King Ruck Coach.
    Chris Maple- Development Coach
    While Brent Montgomery would remain as senior assistant coach if he isn't selected as head coach.
    No doubt Gia and Corey are intelligent people with coaching ability, but I am not overly comfortable going into a new era with effectively two untried coaches, Smith and possibly an untried head coach.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really over all the speculation and would like an announcement this week. I know it's something the club has to get right, but it feels like we're a ship without a rudder!
    But in reality it's nearly the opposite. The players are typically handed over to the fitness staff anyway and the programmes are already in place.

I think we will have an answer very soon on the appointment and it could be announced before Monday.
    The senior list is due back on Monday so it might get announced/confirmed to them before making it public.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't paid attention let alone fretted about this appointment too much.

There's nothing that can be done that isn't, and it could never drag on past the next few days either. This is the way it has been for the last two week's so I've concentrated on other things.

7. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Has anyone seen the tweet about Thompson agreeing to being interviewed by the Dogs tomorrow afternoon? I have been told second hand and cannot verify this.
    I can't find anything on this so am assuming it is guff.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen any retweets either.

Post Thanks / Like

You're well place to comment on Craig BD what's your opinion of him?
    Aye? I'm just some dude with a couch and a keyboard!

Very similar to Eade, good record over a number of years without ever making or winning a GF, stayed in the game and got experience at other clubs after being head coach. I'm leaning towards an experienced coach given the inexperience of our assistant coaches and players, I'd be pleased if we got him
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a Neal Craig fan at all. Has coached to some ok results in sanfl and afl for years but has an amazing history of fluffing out in finals. Supposedly is quite old fashioned at much of his thinking. Has a fierce temper as well which he successfully kept away from the camera.

Be prepared for lots more soft tissue injuries and pleNty of bike ridIng for the players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    I'm not a Neal Craig fan at all. Has coached to some ok results in sanfl and afl for years but has an amazing history of fluffing out in finals. Supposedly is quite old fashioned at much of his thinking. Has a fierce temper as well which he successfully kept away from the camera.

Be prepared for lots more soft tissue injuries and pleNty of bike ridIng for the players.
    We can't have a bad temper within in our walls can we? The players will get upset.

13. Likes Templeton31, azabob, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

best I can find is triple m tweet where Eddie asked Darce this morning about Bomber and Darce said selection process hasn't finished yet, Bomber has unbelievable record so yes we are interested. But it was just breakfast radio banter....

Post Thanks / Like

Eddie McGuire asked Luke Darcy this morning whether the Western Bulldogs will now make an approach to Bomber Thompson for the job of senior coach.

Darcy has recently been appointed to the Western Bulldogs' coach selection panel.

“I think given that we haven’t finished the process at the Bulldogs you’d have to think about it,” Luke Darcy said on Triple M’s The Hot Breakfast.

“The time that he was in contract that precludes you from having any of those conversations.

“Again, that’s a matter for the people on the committee.

“But you look at his coaching record Ed, it is off the charts, it is an amazing record in football.

“For someone like that not to be involved actively, just seems like that is a waste of the game.

“The answer is yes.”

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/...mber-thompson/

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Wonder if he would also contemplate it if he was approached.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsman View Post
    Eddie McGuire asked Luke Darcy this morning whether the Western Bulldogs will now make an approach to Bomber Thompson for the job of senior coach.

Darcy has recently been appointed to the Western Bulldogs' coach selection panel.

“I think given that we haven’t finished the process at the Bulldogs you’d have to think about it,” Luke Darcy said on Triple M’s The Hot Breakfast.

“The time that he was in contract that precludes you from having any of those conversations.

“Again, that’s a matter for the people on the committee.

“But you look at his coaching record Ed, it is off the charts, it is an amazing record in football.

“For someone like that not to be involved actively, just seems like that is a waste of the game.

“The answer is yes.”

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/...mber-thompson/
    He's just too high risk though isn't he? Unpredictable, too independent of thought...I don't know. He'd bring the spotlight to the club, probably assist with member numbers and certainly get our brand out there which is certainly what we need but I'm just not sure he is stable enough to guide us to the finals. He could crack the shits mid year and leave is my thinking and that's what I mean re. the risk.