Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Media Musings about the Bulldogs

Unfortunately I won't be able to listen.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gordon on triple M today "after 8am"

I wouldn't worry. You heard it all on Thursday.

Post Thanks / Like

- Knew of some communication problems beforehand
    - Brendan is a good guy and showed remarkable resilience. He used to say he had a hard head when the media turned up the heat
    - Still doesn't see this as a crisis
    - Wont be speculating on Griffen's future or draft strategy
    - We won't be cannon fodder for other teams mentioned Ward and Harbrow's departure
    - Communication issues for just about every coach who departs a club
    - Coaching is a hard job
    - FA is not about helping the top 4 teams
    - Higgins and Frawley compensation isn't right. Good luck to Melbourne
    - We have increased our spend in the footy department substantially and we are about the middle of the range

Sorry, I might have missed some things as the phone was ringing
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Thanks N/A, wimberga, Bulldog4life, Dogs 24/7, azabob, Topdog, boydogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I wouldn't worry. You heard it all on Thursday.
    I listened in and GVGjr's summary above is pretty spot on for what he said.

However, when asked about Griffen and the strategy there, I felt there was a notable difference in his tone and the way he spoke about him from Thursday. There wasn't the gushing and all out support of Ryan the person and player that we had during the week, and it certainly gave me the impression that we would be looking for a trade.

I can't remember the specifics, but I know that PG said he wouldn't talk about draft or trade strategy, that Ryan is an absolutely elite player, that their aren't many like him going around, that we are concerned with doing the best thing for our club moving forward etc etc.

If anyone else who heard the interview could comment that could be great (as its possible I simply read/heard too much into what he was saying) but I really felt like it was a significant flip from Thursday's comments, which had me concerned we wanted Griff to stay.

6. Thanks Dogs 24/7, azabob, KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    I listened in and GVGjr's summary above is pretty spot on for what he said.

However, when asked about Griffen and the strategy there, I felt there was a notable difference in his tone and the way he spoke about him from Thursday. There wasn't the gushing and all out support of Ryan the person and player that we had during the week, and it certainly gave me the impression that we would be looking for a trade.

I can't remember the specifics, but I know that PG said he wouldn't talk about draft or trade strategy, that Ryan is an absolutely elite player, that their aren't many like him going around, that we are concerned with doing the best thing for our club moving forward etc etc.

If anyone else who heard the interview could comment that could be great (as its possible I simply read/heard too much into what he was saying) but I really felt like it was a significant flip from Thursday's comments, which had me concerned we wanted Griff to stay.
    Totally agree. It may just be that he has always felt that way and last weeks presser was just just looking to keep all options open r/e Griffen.

Post Thanks / Like

Wimberga, agreed, the tone on Griffen has changed...it had to.

Post Thanks / Like

Gordon will be on SEN with KB in the next hour. I won't be able to listen, so can't give an update.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks wimberga thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gordon on triple M and SEN today

Gordon having a crack back at Patrick Smith on SEN. Patrick going hard at him.
    Great listening

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick Smith's putting up the hard questions and PG is not happy and sounding too much like a politician - namely not answering the question in the first instance, and only after he gets badgered for not answering the question does he eventually answer. Come on PG, you can do better than that.

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick Smith, the guy started out asking hard questions - now hes just being a tossbag.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure is, terrific to hear.

Post Thanks / Like

Just listing some things as they occur.

Questioned if McCartney resigned or was sacked. PG insists he resigned
    They went through the process of supporting McCartney 4 weeks ago. They don't believe they got it wrong
    Griffen departure was going to make it difficult for McCartney continue with the playing group going forward.
    A slow deterioration was the likely if McCartney stayed
    Smith and PG go hard at each other and Smith implied that PG has interviewed 2 coaches. PG denied it.
    Bartlett view that we indulged Griffen by removing the coach and PG doesn't see it that way.
    PG won't comment on a Griffen trade other than GWS have made it known they are interested.
    There has been no breach of contract with McCartney. There was some clauses in his contract.
    Lonergan was approached by McCartney but done in the right way.
    A contract is a contract is the common theme by Smith. It's getting a bit tedious.
    We will deal with the Griffen request in the best interest of the club
    Griffen has just played his 200th game, captain of the club, an AA player and one of the most credentialled players. We would seek a substantial compensation

Bartlett ask about West as a coach. PG advises that they have had some interest.
    A panel will be put together led by Chris Grant.
    Smith questions PG faith in Grant because he commented that Chris was a great person. Said that's what you said about McCartney.
    A cheap shot by Smith about Montgomery because of the cafe link.
    PG confirmed that McCartney was a good selection back in 2012.
    Smith asks if PG has put too much pressure on a new coach because of his finals in the next 10 years comment. PG pushes back as it was what we should aspire to.
    3M increased spend in the footy department in recent times

I'm sure I missed a fair bit

16. Thanks N/A, Bulldog4life, Dogs 24/7, azabob, KT31, soupman, Guido, boydogs thanked for this post
    Likes Jasper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ Pretty much covered it...Smith really is a wanker, thought PG handled it ok

Post Thanks / Like

Smith and Barlett are acknowledging there is a good block of youngsters and the development of the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Smith was accurate, and PG got defensive about fair questions:

- it was reasonable to ask if there's a conflict of interest with a potential coach if his wife and the President's wife run a business together at the football club
    - it was reasonable to follow up about confidence in Chris Grant as this does come under his portfolio. By giving the same response as he did with McCartney only to sack him the next day (sorry, for him to 'resign') does not engender confidence
    - PS must have some mail on coaching interviews. pG's denial only serves to say he didn't personally conduct any interviews
    - PG has to realise he stuffed up with the 'contract is a contract' thing with what they did with Lonergan and McCartney.

This Polly speak is not what I want in a Pres.

20. Thanks GVGjr, azabob thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post