Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  50
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Media Musings about the Bulldogs

The fact that the imbeciles in the media are against us makes me feel even better about the trade.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes Sedat, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Really amazed that we seem friendless in this Boyd trade. Yeah we have given up a lot and yeah he is on an amazing amount of cash but look at the bigger picture guys. Hope sells memberships and sponsorship and the increase in revenue from these areas will be massive for the club. Just wait until the kid proves he can play then we will see those areas increase again.

Maybe these journos don't get it because they are not Bulldog fans. We have been treated with contempt by the AFL, every opposition supporter ever and every journo who is not a doggies man. Make no mistake we are a second class citizen of this comp. No player who has so much great footy ahead of him has ever chosen the Whitten Oval as his destination.

This trade has given every bulldog everywhere hope. Hope that maybe this great club will finally have a team that will allow fans to dream of the holy grail. Hope that our cursed luck is going to change. Hope is a very powerful thing and these journos just don't understand it.

Every bulldog supporter everywhere would have been doing cartwheels after hearing the news. Unless you have red, white and blue running through your veins you have no idea what this means to us.
    Spot on Ando
    Love the passion
    Whether the big gamble comes off or not at least we had a calculated try and not just sit on the fence and go through the motions
    Big ticks to the club giving us the big forward that we have been wanting... patience from our surporters now not to expect the gun to kck 100 goals next season

Post Thanks / Like

Liked this bit in Robbo's article on the trade period:

The Bulldogs are the most intriguing. Tweeted on Wednesday: “Dogs lost captain, coach, No.6, integrity, respect and generally lost their way. And they bring in Boyd on a mill a year ... #good luck.''

Fair to say Dogs fans were not happy, including Neighbors actor Scott McGregor, who joined the cyber attack squad.
    Insulting tweet by Robbo, then he sooks it up when he gets called out on it.

If the AFL is happy with the current trade climate, then there are major issues

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Still can't spell Griffen correctly. Despite him leaving it still annoys the hell out of me.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's really put it into perspective. I was happy about the trade period, but i didn't realise Scott McGregor, Neighbours actor, wasn't fully satisfied with it.

7. Likes Maddog37 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

When I get some time I might go back over Robbo's articles at the end of trade period from last year. I'm speculating but I'm guessing I'll find more than one bemoaning the lack of player movement and complaining about how boring it all was.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Well that's really put it into perspective. I was happy about the trade period, but i didn't realise Scott McGregor, Neighbours actor, wasn't fully satisfied with it.
    I think he went hard at Robinson over his anti Bulldog theme. It got a bit personal.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    When I get some time I might go back over Robbo's articles at the end of trade period from last year. I'm speculating but I'm guessing I'll find more than one bemoaning the lack of player movement and complaining about how boring it all was.
    While you're at it...try and dig out any of his articles imploring us to be bold in seeking a KPF.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    While you're at it...try and dig out any of his articles imploring us to be bold in seeking a KPF.
    That's the comparison i'd like to see. The copy & paste insert for every end of trade period - "They failed to get a genuine KP forward target".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he went hard at Robinson over his anti Bulldog theme. It got a bit personal.
    Nothing he didnt deserve though. He just throws cheap shots around without thinking and twitter etc is a chance for the people in the street to have their say. I am new to twitter but enjoy reminding journos when they flip flop. Jay Clark was all too keen to have a crack at us over the Boyd deal but I felt it was more to do with him being shown up for stating it was 1000/1 against than the actual merits of the trade.

13. Likes wimberga liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Nothing he didnt deserve though. He just throws cheap shots around without thinking and twitter etc is a chance for the people in the street to have their say. I am new to twitter but enjoy reminding journos when they flip flop. Jay Clark was all too keen to have a crack at us over the Boyd deal but I felt it was more to do with him being shown up for stating it was 1000/1 against than the actual merits of the trade.

I'm a huge fan of Scott McGregor after seeing what he said to Robbo

15. Likes N/A, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff. He deserves a few cheap shots back. Wish they'd rid 360 of him so it could become watchable.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Great stuff. He deserves a few cheap shots back. Wish they'd rid 360 of him so it could become watchable.
    On the cusp of cancelling my Foxtel because of dicks like him.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Scott McGregor after seeing what he said to Robbo

That's awesome! Fat bald alco stupidopinions.

I still won watch neighbours but I like this guy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    That's awesome! Fat bald alco stupidopinions.

I still won watch neighbours but I like this guy!
    I was wondering who this bloke was, at first I thought it was the bloke off 'Better Homes and Gardens' but his picture was not right.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.