Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  164
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation get Jake Carlisle

I guess the alternate question for a recruiter would be (for any of the Bombres); how much can this guy improve once out of this putrid environment?

I don't have a strong opinion on Carlisle but I bet there are some hidden gems on that list (a la Biggs, Hamling) that could improve out of sight if they just had a good home.

If there are, our guys are as likely as anyone to identify them and get them for a song, given Bombres bargaining position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I've thought that for awhile. As much as I don't like Essendon/Hird, his sulking about not playing where he wants to play isn't the type of thing i want at our club.
    There are a number of reasons as to why he could be acting like he is, one of which could well be his mental state of mind. The crap that these players have been dragged through would play havoc on one's state of mind. They have been used; manipulated; lied to and shown little support by their employer. It certainly wouldn't do any wonders for morale around the joint.

A change of employer could well do the lad wonders.

3. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    There are a number of reasons as to why he could be acting like he is, one of which could well be his mental state of mind. The crap that these players have been dragged through would play havoc on one's state of mind. They have been used; manipulated; lied to and shown little support by their employer. It certainly wouldn't do any wonders for morale around the joint.

A change of employer could well do the lad wonders.
    I agree.

And Carlisle was one of very few Essendon players that Thompson and co. seemed happy to hang out there on his lonesome among that putrid bunch and have his behaviour put up for public / media ridicule but hey we'll send our Captain off to England to watch The Ashes mid season for a refresher because he's mentally exhausted.

His Club are the instigators of this perilous state that they find themselves in and His Club are the ones that put it out into the domain about his apparent lack of willingness to do the team thing and play forward. Everyone knows this because they trashed him in the media. What about their big prize recruit Goddard being put out there instead for knocking up cheap stats week in week out.

They've done a great job of trashing their brand as well as Jake's in my view, add god knows what that regime might have injected into the lad, and now a looming WADA/CAS ban hanging over his head, he has a fair case to be very disillusioned right now.
    Last edited by Doc26; 19-08-2015 at 10:54 PM.

5. Likes bornadog, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    now a looming WADA/CAS ban hanging over his head
    I think they know they're gone now, WADA are doing "whatever it takes" to deliver a conviction including developing new tests for 2012 samples

Maybe we did our due diligence for Crameri but WADA getting involved is a different ball game
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    To whichever club he goes (or stays), he's definitely going to need to prove that his attitude can be changed.

I like him as a player and can understand his poor form/frustrations (along with all players involved in the saga) but he's not painting the greatest picture of himself.

I think he will struggle to find a home at big money. He's not focused on his footy and I don't think he has the sort of maturity or the type of attitude most clubs would want. He will find a home but he could be a handful for other clubs.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he will struggle to find a home at big money. He's not focused on his footy and I don't think he has the sort of maturity or the type of attitude most clubs would want. He will find a home but he could be a handful for other clubs.
    It's becoming increasingly so, which is a shame, because at his best Carlisle can be a match winner and match saver but more than ever clubs are realising you need great character to play the game. That's one thing McCartney seemingly did quite well.

At the same time, clubs should do their due diligence with the likes of Carlisle and Bennell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Bump.

Circa the Hun...

"Clearly frustrated with the club leading up to this week’s move on James Hird, Carlisle let rip against the Giants.

After walked through the interchange lines, Carlisle screamed: “This club is f---ed.’’

Against the Dogs at Etihad Stadium, a match the Bombers lost by 87 points, Carlisle told at least one Bulldogs forward that he was counting down the matches before leaving at the end of the season.

The third spray occurred in Saturday’s loss to the Crows.

Carlisle’s teammate have been told of a conversation between Carlisle and Crows forwards, where Carlisle went even further and said he didn’t care about the result because he would not be at the club next year."

They're one big happy family at Windy Hill, aren't they?
    That I think was the conversation he was having down the cheer squad end with Stew Crameri.

Post Thanks / Like

Herald Sun reporting that Carlton are shaping as Carlisle's preferred destination. Find this hard to fathom unles they are the only club wiling to satisfy his financial demands....and money is his main motivation.

Otherwise I'm struggling to comprehend why a player so disenchanted with their current unhappy environment would move to a club who are likely to go through just as much short to medium term pain.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Herald Sun reporting that Carlton are shaping as Carlisle's preferred destination. Find this hard to fathom unles they are the only club wiling to satisfy his financial demands....and money is his main motivation.

Otherwise I'm struggling to comprehend why a player so disenchanted with their current unhappy environment would move to a club who are likely to go through just as much short to medium term pain.
    Plenty of rumours circulating that there might be "cultural" issues if he is added to a list. Carlton may be the only club willing to risk that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I don't have a strong opinion on Carlisle but I bet there are some hidden gems on that list (a la Biggs, Hamling) that could improve out of sight if they just had a good home.

If there are, our guys are as likely as anyone to identify them and get them for a song, given Bombres bargaining position.
    I'm with you - pick at their carcass, no mercy for the arrogant bastards.
    The football world has put up with their smarmy attitude for too long, payback time I say.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lachie Henderson gone from Carlton, Jon Ralph of the Herald Sun claiming "Something would have to go drastically wrong for Henderson not to get to the Cats next year. Birregurra boy. Has requested a trade today" and The Sun claiming "Henderson’s departure means the Blues are likely to ramp up its pursuit of disgruntled Essendon swingman Jake Carlisle who is out of contract at the end of the season."
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Lachie Henderson gone from Carlton, Jon Ralph of the Herald Sun claiming "Something would have to go drastically wrong for Henderson not to get to the Cats next year. Birregurra boy. Has requested a trade today" and The Sun claiming "Henderson’s departure means the Blues are likely to ramp up its pursuit of disgruntled Essendon swingman Jake Carlisle who is out of contract at the end of the season."

Carlton still don't get it. They'll piss perfectly good draft picks on Jake Carlisle. They may as well reappoint Malthouse while they are at it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Carlton still don't get it. They'll piss perfectly good draft picks on Jake Carlisle. They may as well reappoint Malthouse while they are at it.
    i rekon Carlisle is perfect for Carlton - he'll keep them on their current trajectory

18. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we're good for tall defenders. Our defense, actually is VERY solid, even without Roughead and Roberts. I'd just be investing in silk and pace in the midfield. Jack martin (in fantasy land) I got so used to thinking he was gonna be ours, I can't quite let go of the dream.

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I think we're good for tall defenders. Our defense, actually is VERY solid, even without Roughead and Roberts. I'd just be investing in silk and pace in the midfield. Jack martin (in fantasy land) I got so used to thinking he was gonna be ours, I can't quite let go of the dream.
    We'll find out just how solid it is this Sunday.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.