Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  164
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation get Jake Carlisle

Carlisle arrived at training late this week and the playing group were all made to do an early morning session as a result. SEN believe it was a 5am start.

Is it a good move or a bad move by the Saints to make everyone pay for Carlisle's error?

I don't think it's a bad move.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Jake is proving to be a bit of a problem. I would be fairly shirty with him if I were one of his teammates.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    This will be off-set by the 15 free kicks in front of goal that Nick Riewoldt will get on his 300th match
    We'll be the team that confirms he has played for one season too many. Bring it on!
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

4. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Carlisle arrived at training late this week and the playing group were all made to do an early morning session as a result. SEN believe it was a 5am start.

Is it a good move or a bad move by the Saints to make everyone pay for Carlisle's error?

My initial response is that it's a good move, but there a couple of issues:

1. One or two of his team mates won't agree with the decision, thus, potentially already putting him offside with a few of them.
    2. If he stuffs up in the future, I am not sure what they can do next

He's created a few problems in only a few weeks. Couldn't have made a worse start.

Post Thanks / Like

St Kilda football marketing just cut their quota of Jake Carlisle coffee mugs and badges to the bare minim.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, this guy just keeps giving and giving.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    My initial response is that it's a good move, but there a couple of issues:

1. One or two of his team mates won't agree with the decision, thus, potentially already putting him offside with a few of them.
    2. If he stuffs up in the future, I am not sure what they can do next

He's created a few problems in only a few weeks. Couldn't have made a worse start.
    How I see it is if they fine him he won't really care, same if they made him do the early morning start. At least now he knows that when he stuffs up all his team mates pay a price. The club will soon work out if he just doesn't care about anyone else but himself and given the power of leadership groups in footy now he might not get a lot of support from them if he tests the club patience again.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    St Kilda football marketing just cut their quota of Jake Carlisle coffee mugs and badges to the bare minim.
    On the plus the Jake Carlisle toot spoons are flying off the shelves.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

10. Likes jeemak, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This bloke is in gold medal position as the biggest moron in afl circles .
    Pretty hard to get to training on time and split the atom also

Post Thanks / Like

How I see it is if they fine him he won't really care, same if they made him do the early morning start. At least now he knows that when he stuffs up all his team mates pay a price. The club will soon work out if he just doesn't care about anyone else but himself and given the power of leadership groups in footy now he might not get a lot of support from them if he tests the club patience again.
    Shouldn't they already known this though, if they've done their due diligence? There was plenty flying around regarding his character from merely a football fan's perspective. I'd imagine they'd have known the ins and outs - or at least should have, particularly given their heavy investment.

For mine, it feels like they've paid big money and coughed up a bit to get him with a bit of a "It'll be fine" attitude, and not only has it blown up in their face already, they're now trying to take the hard road with him. Which is fine to a degree, but he's already had multiple stuff ups and it's not even December. It almost becomes not a case of if but when he next makes a mistake, what do they do then?

I understand they're damned if they do damned if they don't in a sense, but from a neutrals perspective it's interesting to see how this all plays out. It could turn extremely pair shaped very quickly, and I think both parties could share some blame for that.

Post Thanks / Like

It takes some time to un-Essendon someone. St Kilda need to be patient in trying to turn him into a professional footballer.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Peer group pressure is very effective, especially in a professional team. It also says to the team: "Carlisle is part of us so we need to carry him just as he contributes to us." So everyone paying for Carlisle's error can also be a bonding experience and part of initiation for him. It stretches the friendship of course but the fool must be used to it.
    Thanks to the universe and our professionalism that we didn't recruit him.
    Footscray Football Republic.