Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  164
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation get Jake Carlisle

I've soured on him to be honest. The pending WADA case which will already effect one of our players and the dummy spits because he doesn't play where he wants. I don't think he's worth the investment. I'd rather go for Henderson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    the dummy spits because he doesn't play where he wants
    Do we have a source we can trust for this?
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Probably not but I'm pretty sure it has been reported that he hasn't been pleased about playing forward. Weather that is true depends on who you believe or which side of the fence you want to sit on I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

James Hird, he is the bastion of truthfulness. He once won a pedigree dog in a truth telling contest two towns over.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

5. Likes G-Mo77, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure. I do however remember the media being all over Thompson in 2014 about it re. Thompson playing him out of position (forward) and Jake not being happy about it. There definitely seemed to be tension between Bomber and Jake.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    James Hird, he is the bastion of truthfulness. He once won a pedigree dog in a truth telling contest two towns over.
    Honest James they call him.

It's a lovely dog. Very hirsute. That's what James says anyway. And how could you doubt him and his shaggy dog stories?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

8. Likes Greystache liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All things being equal, I hope we land Carlisle. I'm a big fan. Can't judge him (or many) Essendon players on this season's form (see Jobe). If his mindset is OK, Jake would be a huge get for 2016.

10. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    All things being equal, I hope we land Carlisle. I'm a big fan. Can't judge him (or many) Essendon players on this season's form (see Jobe). If his mindset is OK, Jake would be a huge get for 2016.
    Get Carlisle and we are on the way to the granny
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused. You told me to get Carlisle now you've doubts. What do you want people? If you want this you've got to be prepared to let Minno go by direct trade or him not being happy with an offer and walking.

The on trading of picks too. Say 10 for Bennell/other high quality mid and 20. 20 and fringe player for Carlisle.

Could be busy.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes Greystache, SlimPickens liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm confused. You told me to get Carlisle now you've doubts. What do you want people? If you want this you've got to be prepared to let Minno go by direct trade or him not being happy with an offer and walking.

The on trading of picks too. Say 10 for Bennell/other high quality mid and 20. 20 and fringe player for Carlisle.

Could be busy.
    When in doubt go for the money shot. The money shot must be Carlisle, surely?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Could be busy.
    Get him. Minno gone anyway in my opinion

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Will the WADA trial be finished before the trade period?

As a player, I'd love him in our backline. As an Essendon player facing a lengthy suspension, I am deeply concerned we're going to dig ourselves a hole.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Will the WADA trial be finished before the trade period?

As a player, I'd love him in our backline. As an Essendon player facing a lengthy suspension, I am deeply concerned we're going to dig ourselves a hole.
    I read somewhere the WADA case may go into the pre-season.

Post Thanks / Like

to me another key back is the missing link. Roberts Talia and Hamling coming along nicely but Carlisle is a level above those guys. The way he plays defence suits us too - zone off, read the play, float across mark. We'd use him like he's built to play - not like Hird trying to make him a forward. To me he's better than Lonergan (Cats) as he's younger, better mark, more athletic and we threw the kitchen sink at Lonergan last year so I'd be very surprised if, assuming Carlisle's considering leaving, we aren't up to our eyeballs in Jake Carlisle.

Post Thanks / Like

What other key defenders are about that we could look at?

Daniel Talia?
    Tom McDonald?
    Steven May?
    Rory Thompson?
    Ryan Schoenmakers?
    Robbie Tarrant?

The top 4 would all be big improves to our side and the latter ones I think are entering their best years, are undervalued in a trade scenario and ones I wouldn't be adverse to adding to our list.