Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  164
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation get Jake Carlisle

good player, wants to come, we need a player like him, right age group.

WADA appeal hanging over him, lose our first rounder for the second year, choosy about where te plays?

He ticks lots of boxes but the WADA thing could be trouble.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Not a big fan of Carislie seemingly being so unhappy to play outside his ideal role. Seems a bit, I don't know, like what a 5 year old would do.
    Sounds similar to every time Lake was pushed forward.
    I'd be happy with Carlisle if we are confident the WADA appeal would not be too serious. TBH I'd be happy with any KPD if we didn't need to spend 5 years developing them, trading for talls is quite different to trading for smalls.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Being a thin top end talent draft that then spreads out more evenly we could arguably forego our deeper first round selection. Given that Jake would no doubt add extra key position flexibility, that is, being in a position to utilise Roughy in the ruck more often, which is his preferred position, and further provide scope to use Fletch as a swingman as he develops his game its quite an attractive proposition.

I'm not reading much into Jake's 'supposed' dismissive behaviour regarding playing forward. Afterall he does find himself in a highly dysfunctional environment at Essendon where the players have been let down appalling by the football department, administration and where the egos of a few have been left unchecked to reign supreme over the Club. My reading of him is that he is more obliging than what this awful Club has hung him out for.

4. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just looking at his facial expression and his body language in the last game. He looked like a man who had just had a gutful and couldn't wait for the season to end so he could tell Hird and the Bombers to %$#$%# off.
    That's what it looked like to me anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Just looking at his facial expression and his body language in the last game. He looked like a man who had just had a gutful and couldn't wait for the season to end so he could tell Hird and the Bombers to %$#$%# off.
    That's what it looked like to me anyway.
    I've seen him like that for a long time. Seems like a pretty expressionless guy or maybe he just hasn't been happy for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

well what did we think after he played against us on the weekend. They were under siege in Bombers defence. Carlisle got a few grabs and seems to read the play well. I sorta thought he would be good for us but not sure he's worth a first rounder?

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon he's worth our first rounder.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

9. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His captain is following the Ashes in the UK. His good team mates have jumped ship. His coach and board are creating a toxic environment beyond what my vocabulary can muster. They're damn awful and his team mates are at best VFL grade for the most.

In the last year of Rhode, Gilbee in particular looked like he just needed something new. Our 300 game players were accused of playing kick to kick during games. A fresh hope in Eade rejuvenated many players looking like Carlisle is displaying. Carlisle desperately needs a new home and these performance don't reduce his believers, these performances are driving down his market value in trade terms. I'm certain if he accepts the offer from us, which is very close, he will bloom into a very good player. Our Brad Ottens to our tilt.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We're not into him.

Won't be in Bulldogs colours next year.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

What we do know for a fact is that Beveridge wants players who can and will play in multiple positions. Is Carlisle willing to play in multiple positions?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What we do know for a fact is that Beveridge wants players who can and will play in multiple positions. Is Carlisle willing to play in multiple positions?
    He says yes. His manager said that his refusal to play forward wasn't true and he would play where the team needs him too.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Carlisle's issue is not his position, it's simply the colour of his jumper. Remember Essendon is possibly the most poisonous place in the country right now. By the time the back room, back stabbers were done with Bomber Thompson, they'd completely slandered him. It's a nasty, nasty place. A fractured club, full of factions.

Unfortunately leaving Essendon is like trying to get out of the Mafia. That's why Crameri's performance was so pleasing yesterday.

Richmond basically stopped dead in 1983 and tagged Essendon in as the third biggest club in Victoria. Richmond going from chocolates to boiled lollies for 30+ years. I'm very, very hopeful that the opposite is happening at the moment!

16. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens said tonight that Fremantle has offered him $800,000 a year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Im Not Bitter View Post
    Fold.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

19. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Im Not Bitter View Post
    Fremantle would need to
    Offer overs to get a Victorian from a big family with many options to shift to the other side of the country. I don't think we'd need to match that offer. (Nor should we, btw.)