Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

Yes, he did. I could swear I heard Biggsie name called in the commentary at one stage too.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

At one point one of our blokes was slow getting to his feet after a contest and Zempilas brainlessly coos "Ooooh is that Dickson in a bit of trouble?"

It was Naughton.

Separated at birth.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Why are these continual fark-ups even remotely acceptable? Basil Zempilas once interviewed Leon Cameron pre-game thinking he was Bulldogs coach. BT calls Allir Allir Majak Daw in a game despite North not even playing. Leigh Matthews is a senile old bastard who says nothing of note (hence why he fits in seamlessly on Ch 7).

That level of stupendous incompetence would be grounds for dismissal for most of us, but these pricks and that piece of shit network are never held to account for levels of incompetence that should never see the light of day.

I hate it when we are the Ch 7 game.
    The old Jack Dyer Along comes Mario Barta, Bortotelli, ummm, Borasomething, errr, you will have to say his name Ian but I can't" Actually Jack Mario Bortolotto isn't playing today shtick had a time and a place back in the 1970s but this is a big brave world. A big brave world where the audience can see every mistake the commentators make because it's displayed across an 84 cm screen. Call the wrong player, or display your ignorance or call the game in a completely biased manner and everyone watching knows immediately.

Sometimes it's great to have an ex-player's perspective on what happened but that player needs to be intelligent and articulate, it doesn't bring anything to the broadcast if he (or she, hello Lauren Wood) just waffles on. And that player has to have played the game recently. The game moves so fast that any extra perspective an ex player possesses becomes obsolete within a couple of years. Look at Leigh Matthews for example. What great insight does he bring to a game he hasn't been involved in at a professional level for over a decade?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I tweeted ch7 about this very issue. Not only did they screw up the first goal call, but Bont was referred to as Captain, and 5 mins before qtr time it was "game on" - presumably because their favourite had drawn closer. If it's bias, it is a disgrace. If it's incompetence, it's a disgrace that they be allowed to continue.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    84 cm screen
    Who has an 84cm screen? It's not the 1990s anymore!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    When Dickson kicked our first did Basil say the Giants are off to a great start?
    Sure did!! He is a horrible commentator. I tend to turn the commentary off and play music. Have a look at afl website for game highlights and you can hear this. Can we start a petition to have people who know their stuff eg Our own woofer BT commentate instead of the ch 7 nongs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    When Dickson kicked our first did Basil say the Giants are off to a great start?
    Yep I mentioned that in the game day thread. He did say that. Get it right Basil!
    Last edited by Eastdog; 19-08-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Yes, he did. I could swear I heard Biggsie name called in the commentary at one stage too.
    He must think it’s a few years ago. They are clearly not updated.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Yep that came through for me as well.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I tweeted yesterday that Leigh Matthews has never seen a Bulldogs free kick he agrees with.

He was probably the only person barring Swans supporters who would have wished us ill on grand final day.

The mispronunciations of our players names is lazy and incompetent. It was a very low standard call with errors common and an overall lack of insight and analysis.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

What is classic GWS play? Taylor has been using it for years.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    What is classic GWS play? Taylor has been using it for years.
    Haha that actually made me laugh when I heard it, I think it means losing to us in big games.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I tweeted yesterday that Leigh Matthews has never seen a Bulldogs free kick he agrees with.

He was probably the only person barring Swans supporters who would have wished us ill on grand final day.

The mispronunciations of our players names is lazy and incompetent. It was a very low standard call with errors common and an overall lack of insight and analysis.

If the players made that many mistakes in a game they wouldn't be playing the next week.

Post Thanks / Like

It's their JOB, for God's sake. I could throw a dart at any random Woof post and hit someone I'd rather hear commentate our games, people who follow football for a hobby and yet are far better informed and more accurate than these supposed experts (myself excepted, obviously).

It's so frustrating and we are powerless to protest, these buffoons are totally unaccountable.

Post Thanks / Like

It's probably not such a good idea to be throwing darts at the computer screen.

17. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post