Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Ch 7 are desperately trying to get out of their Cricket Australia contract, which has another 5 years to run. They are bleeding money and their share price is currently a pitiful $0.06 a share. What a dream result it would be if they are forced to honour their cricket contract and they subsequently run out of money to compete for the AFL TV rights when they are next up. Those pricks simply do not deserve the honour of broadcasting the footy.
    The Full Monty will save them.

They've even got Georgie Parker on the case!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Really enjoying James Brayshaw treating a debutant’s first game as an opportunity to roast his father at every opportunity. We get it, you’re his mate, who gives a sh*t.
    You're just jealous you're not in on it too mate. You know, one of the lads...….

Post Thanks / Like

Has "Full Monty" been described as ""a bit of fun" or "a romp" yet? Whenever I hear those terms used all I can hear is a siren alert and the word "Tacky". I am with all the comments posted re the awfulness of the commentary. Bruce has become a cartoon character for me. I'm waiting for him to come out with something like this: "That's the 3rd time this season Danger's used his left foot seven times in the last quarter. There's a bit of a trend happening there."
    Believe me, it will happen.
    Ling's, sorry "Lingy's", whining voice is hard to take and I totally switch off when he talks. It's a defensive mechanism I employ to protect my TV screen from hurled objects.
    I could go on but I won't. I'm going to have to go the "sound off, radio on" route. Any thoughts on best radio broadcast team?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

4. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ch 7 are desperately trying to get out of their Cricket Australia contract, which has another 5 years to run. They are bleeding money and their share price is currently a pitiful $0.06 a share. What a dream result it would be if they are forced to honour their cricket contract and they subsequently run out of money to compete for the AFL TV rights when they are next up. Those pricks simply do not deserve the honour of broadcasting the footy.
    They are now trying to get out of broadcasting the Big Bash - they are a disgrace. You don't bid for the rights to a sport then try and get out of it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Has "Full Monty" been described as ""a bit of fun" or "a romp" yet? Whenever I hear those terms used all I can hear is a siren alert and the word "Tacky". I am with all the comments posted re the awfulness of the commentary. Bruce has become a cartoon character for me. I'm waiting for him to come out with something like this: "That's the 3rd time this season Danger's used his left foot seven times in the last quarter. There's a bit of a trend happening there."
    Believe me, it will happen.
    Ling's, sorry "Lingy's", whining voice is hard to take and I totally switch off when he talks. It's a defensive mechanism I employ to protect my TV screen from hurled objects.
    I could go on but I won't. I'm going to have to go the "sound off, radio on" route. Any thoughts on best radio broadcast team?
    I'm an abc kind of bloke so i go with them.

Bring Doug Bigelow, Tim Lane and Drew Morphett back..yes i know some of them have left us. Even their silence would be better.

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched some 70's & 80's footy on youtube the other day. What i enjoyed was you would get quite a bit of crowd noise coming through which just added so much to the atmosphere.

Much prefer channel 7's talking footy and their sunday footy show in comparison's to channel 9's offerings. The channel 9 talking heads are just abysmal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Much prefer channel 7's talking footy and their sunday footy show in comparison's to channel 9's offerings. The channel 9 talking heads are just abysmal.
    I don't think Ch 7 have any footy related programs on their roster this year - they got rid of both Talking Footy and that Sunday morning Game Day garbage that Hamish McLaughlan hosted because they have run out of money and are desperately cost-cutting to stay afloat.

The chief footy broadcast network cares so little about the game that they don't bother with any content outside of the obligatory 3-4 matches a week.

I'm no fan at all of Footy Classified - it is sensationalist and contrived - but it is interesting that a non-footy broadcast partner has no less than 4 footy-specific programs a week compared to zero.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Ch 7 have any footy related programs on their roster this year - they got rid of both Talking Footy and that Sunday morning Game Day garbage that Hamish McLaughlan hosted because they have run out of money and are desperately cost-cutting to stay afloat.

The chief footy broadcast network cares so little about the game that they don't bother with any content outside of the obligatory 3-4 matches a week.
    And to further illustrate the point channel 9 have put Footy Classified on multiple times during the week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruce was ridiculously painful again today, just waffles on and on and at one stage enlightened us that Jong was not far away even though the club has already publicised that he is done for the year and is leaving the Queensland hub.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m surprised the commentators didn’t mention Finn Maginess on the coverage today.
    He’s a 3rd generation hawk and his dad played in the best game, of all time, in any sport.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Bruce was ridiculously painful again today, just waffles on and on and at one stage enlightened us that Jong was not far away even though the club has already publicised that he is done for the year and is leaving the Queensland hub.
    But Bruce is so well informed and in touch with everything that is sport.

If Bruce said Jong is not far away, I expect him to replace Toby next week.
    How dare the club mislead us, when Bruce knows
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I’m surprised the commentators didn’t mention Finn Maginess on the coverage today.
    He’s a 3rd generation hawk and his dad played in the best game, of all time, in any sport.
    Really? You'd think that they would have mentioned it half a dozen times.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Fantastic news for Jongy.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It's actually disappointing that they never honour the legacy of families in the AFL through the medium of game day commentary. Clear area for improvement at zero cost......a six sigma black belt's dream!

19. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dermie was particularly poor in his assessment of Toby's injury. Blamed him for ducking.