Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I say it's good, but there's no one else in current stocks I like to listen to, to fill the void. Channel 7 should take the option to dump him too, he's just not enjoyable to listen to.

I'll do it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'll do it.
    Done, it's only paying $500,000 a year. So I'm not sure if you're still keen.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. I meant tell him.

"Brian, old son, your schtick, well, it's just not buttering the parsnips any more. They've sent me from upstairs to say yada yada yada."

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. I meant tell him.

"Brian, old son, your schtick, well, it's just not buttering the parsnips any more. They've sent me from upstairs to say yada yada yada."
    Ah. That's a free job. It's not a job if you love what you do though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

How about if you'd pay to do it?

Then it's a hobby I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

How about if you'd pay to do it?

Then it's a hobby I suppose.
    Probably.

But You've opened up a wound from 20 years ago. My year 9 teacher and I never saw eye to eye, she detested me for some reason. Feeling was mutual. Anyhoo, I had to do a report about my hobby. I did it on footy umpiring, as I'd do 5 games a weekend, I loved it, it was my hobby, I literally had no real hobby because it dominated everything in that period of my youth. She said, you get money so it's a job. I said no, I do it as it's my hobby, money is incidental. I got threatened with a fail because I refused to change what my hobby was. Surely money for something you do doesn't define what a hobby is or is not. My mum didn't always back me up on my battles, but this one she did. I think my argument was 'to avoid failing you would rather me lie about what my hobby is then tell the truth because it doesn't align with your philosophical view on what constitutes the term 'hobby' ?'

Wouldn't lie. Got failed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Probably.

But You've opened up a wound from 20 years ago. My year 9 teacher and I never saw eye to eye, she detested me for some reason. Feeling was mutual. Anyhoo, I had to do a report about my hobby. I did it on footy umpiring, as I'd do 5 games a weekend, I loved it, it was my hobby, I literally had no real hobby because it dominated everything in that period of my youth. She said, you get money so it's a job. I said no, I do it as it's my hobby, money is incidental. I got threatened with a fail because I refused to change what my hobby was. Surely money for something you do doesn't define what a hobby is or is not. My mum didn't always back me up on my battles, but this one she did. I think my argument was 'to avoid failing you would rather me lie about what my hobby is then tell the truth because it doesn't align with your philosophical view on what constitutes the term 'hobby' ?'

Wouldn't lie. Got failed.

You should track down that teacher and sue them for everything that's gone wrong in your life when you've tried to tell a lie ever since.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the callers at Fresh FM in Bendigo are fantastic. They call the Bendigo Footy League games and can be heard via the TuneIn app. Pretty sure this is where Anthony Hudson started.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers GHOGH Tunein is my favourite app. I'm listening to cricket on it now.

11. Thanks AndrewP6 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Basil Zempilas, Aaron Naughton is having a stand-out Debut year this year. He mentioned it once in the pre-game against the Giants and once during actual game commentary.

BT has somehow recruited "Brock" McLean to our list.

Seriously, how do these guys keep their jobs?
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

13. Likes Sedat, bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    According to Basil Zempilas, Aaron Naughton is having a stand-out Debut year this year. He mentioned it once in the pre-game against the Giants and once during actual game commentary.

McLean was everywhere yesterday according to BT since he kept calling Duryea Mclean.

15. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When Dickson kicked our first did Basil say the Giants are off to a great start?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Why are these continual fark-ups even remotely acceptable? Basil Zempilas once interviewed Leon Cameron pre-game thinking he was Bulldogs coach. BT calls Allir Allir Majak Daw in a game despite North not even playing. Leigh Matthews is a senile old bastard who says nothing of note (hence why he fits in seamlessly on Ch 7).

That level of stupendous incompetence would be grounds for dismissal for most of us, but these pricks and that piece of shit network are never held to account for levels of incompetence that should never see the light of day.

I hate it when we are the Ch 7 game.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

18. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    When Dickson kicked our first did Basil say the Giants are off to a great start?
    Yes. Yes he did.

Almost as though it was wishful thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post

Somehow Wallis will be back next week. Maybe we have sown on a new ankle and he is ready to go.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.