Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Football Commentators

I usually enjoy watching the tv footy shows and listening to the radio commentators when the footy season is on but there are a few commentators who seems to always sink the boots into the Dogs and very rarely say anything positive.

Here are a couple I absolutely can't stand -

Garry Lyon - This bloke makes me absolutely sick, he never has anything good to say about the Dogs. He tends to enjoy having a sook when things aren't going his way - I hate people like that, always whinging and thinking that their words are far superior than others.

Sam Newman - At times annoys me but generally it is all an act with him although he tends to stick the boots in the Dogs at times also.

Others?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

TV - I really like Dennis Cometti, tho this season, he seemed to labour at times. I think his performance was indicicatative of Channel 7, just lacked spark.

I reckon Clinton Grybas is as good as anyone going around.

Matty Campbell used to annoy me when he only did the Brisbane games, but he's much better now.

Dermott Brereton has the ability to say in 100 words what can be said in 10. Having said that, he has no equal as far as special comments go. Just seems to read the game trends an instant before everyone else.

Radio - This season I enjoyed SEN most times, tho I'm a tradionalist & like to know what's happening, so much prefer the ABC.

I cannot stand listening to Rex Hunt. I think he believes his own publicity. Grant Thomas always seems to put the boots into the Bulldogs when I listen to him.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand Kevin Bartlett and that bloke on Fox Footy who keeps calling young kids rookies when they've not been on the rookie list...Casey or something? I can't remember, but he's useless with names as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Jason Dunstall lays the boots into us as well

Post Thanks / Like

Favourites are Clinton Grybas, Brian Taylor (My Basketball Coach) and Gerard Healy

Cant stand Rex Hunt, Dennis Commetti, Bruce McAvaney (hate hearing CLEVER!!!!! every 3 minutes)

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony Hudson & Brian Taylor are my favourite commentators.

I can't stand Quartermain, I don't really like Lane.

Brayshaw's decent to listen to on radio and I don't mind Walls - though a lot can't stand him.

Bruce is OK though a little past it. Rex Hunt is a maniac, I can't stand him.

For mine, Hudson is the best commentator going around. He pulls out fantastic phrases in the moment; "Who would of thought the sequel would be just as good as the original?" and "They have the power to win!" .. But, my favourite "I see it, but I don't believe it!" when Sydney pipped Geelong with a few seconds to go.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce Mcavaney is a suck. Dislike him on sight.

I like Denis Cometti.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    For mine, Hudson is the best commentator going around. He pulls out fantastic phrases in the moment; "Who would of thought the sequel would be just as good as the original?" and "They have the power to win!" .. But, my favourite "I see it, but I don't believe it!" when Sydney pipped Geelong with a few seconds to go.
    Huddo is my favourite as well, he's fantastic. I preferred Dennis when he was at channel 9, then again I didn't mind Brereton and Lyon while I can't stand Watson and Schwarz.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy Anthony Hudson. Clinton Grybas and Dennis Cometti.

Special Comments - bias has me saying Luke Darcy with Dermott Brereton close behind.

Won't go out of my way to listen to Steve Quartermain - never has a good word to say about the dogs or Sam Newman - arrogant and another who never has a good word to say about us.

Except when we were on a membership drive and Sam big noted himself by going on and on about buying a Doggies membership.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Like -

Dennis Commetti - like the way he add's the little extra to his commentary.

Eddie McGuire - I seriously don't mind his commentary even when he commentated the Collingwood games on C 9. He adds a bit of excitement.

Clinton Grybas - Very clear and precise, enjoy listening to him.

Rex Hunt - He makes me laugh and always tune into 3AW.

Robert Walls - I don't mind him, straight to the point.

Dislike -

Jason Dunstall - Very bland and his commentary nearly puts me to sleep.

Malcom Blight - Seriously, what planet did he fall off from? Absolutely woeful and makes no sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charmdog View Post
    but there are a few commentators who seems to always sink the boots into the Dogs and very rarely say anything positive.

Others?

Grant Thomas - I've never ever heard him say 1 positive thing about the Bulldogs.

I listen to the ABC on Friday nights, and SEN for the rest of the weekend.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    Grant Thomas - I've never ever heard him say 1 positive thing about the Bulldogs.

I listen to the ABC on Friday nights, and SEN for the rest of the weekend.
    Aren't we all just a little to precious.

From what I have heard of Thomas I quite like. He doesn't mix his words and isn't afraid to stand on people toes which is refreshing.

Just because he talks poorly of the Bulldogs doesn't give me a reason not to listen to him. From what I have heard of him he has questioned our on-field leadership and the mental toughness of some of our players. So I have and many others so I don't see a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Aren't we all just a little to precious.

From what I have heard of Thomas I quite like. He doesn't mix his words and isn't afraid to stand on people toes which is refreshing.

Just because he talks poorly of the Bulldogs doesn't give me a reason not to listen to him. From what I have heard of him he has questioned our on-field leadership and the mental toughness of some of our players. So I have and many others so I don't see a problem.

The orginal post asked for commentators that sink the boots in to bulldogs and don't say anything positive about the Dogs.

Well Grant Thomas fits that description. Simple as that
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    He does annoy me a little with some of his comments but I just tune off. Another one I have thought of is Andrew Maher he usually doesnt say many good words about the Bulldogs.

Post Thanks / Like

What about Dan Lonegan on the ABC?

I know he doesnt stick the boots in as such, but he is always negative about the Dogs.

Funny thing is, it's own team !!!

I think he doesnt want to be seen to be bias like Eddie, so he goes down the opposite path
    which is never getting excited about his own teams good play.

Im not saying he should be bias, just that he seems to talk us down.

Grant Thomas does get stuck in, but I think he could see some of our glaring deficencies and commented on them. lets face it, we are all pretty well aware of the issues we have on the field.

SEN commentated on those terrible Friday night games against Geelong & West Coast where we were flogged, and due to the lack of commitment of some players he got stuck in, quite rightly as well. I think a majority of us were dissapointed with the attitiude of some of the players during some of the floggings at the end of the year.