Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The commentary for the game against Essendon was typically poor.

We depend on them telling us something insightful and they are incapable.

When JJ was lining up his set shot BT claims he has been moved onto Saad, who was the closest player to him and stood the mark.

JJ had been the player who pressured Saad into a kicking error earlier in the quarter and that was the only other time I had seen then in the same vicinity.

JJ slots the goal and clearly goes back to half back with not a peep from Brian that he may be wrong.

Near the end of the game BT trots out an alleged stat that he must of misread, that the Centre Clearances were 12-3 to Essendon. Anybody watching the game knew that just couldn't be right, but BT just spouted it.

Add to the fact how often they just call the wrong player and it is worse than irritating.

The TV coverage also lets us down in the vision shown. A couple of times with off the ball frees, there was no vision shown, but they are supposed to have enough cameras to cover everything. Why can't they just gives us the vision that tells us why the umpire paid the free.
    I couldn't help but laugh at BT's crack at Tom Morris last week.

I'm no fan of Tom Morris, but BT's implication that journos should just report the news and not make stuff up was hypocrisy at its finest.

Its not like BT has never been known to go on minute long rants about umpiring, rule changes, or any other bugbear he might have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

I'm no fan of Tom Morris, but BT's implication that journos should just report the news and not make stuff up was hypocrisy at its finest.

Its not like BT has never been known to go on minute long rants about umpiring, rule changes, or any other bugbear he might have.
    Boy of Boy wowee
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

BT is special level of hypocrite.

He fails to let his lack of knowledge stop him from spouting.

After the Bailey Dale goal, he thought it was a good idea to ramble about all the Bailey's at the Bulldogs and said there were 4.
    He must have heard that from someone, but he clearly didn't know the 4th was in the Women's team.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I think its Tom Browne he has his scripted "on air spats" with.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Not football commentator I know but I’m watching the test cricket eng v West Indies and the lady commentator fits right in, extremely good.
    And her name was?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    The best sporting commentator I have ever heard was English commentator Phil Liggett who covered the Tour De France.
    Speaking of fantastic British commentators, Andrew Cotter who is a Scot and known for golf and athletics for the BBC has recently during lockdown started commentating his dogs. I have two labs, so to me it’s hilarious so thought I’d share might give others a laugh.

This is the link to his YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/admcotter

Enjoy!

8. Likes Bulldog Joe, hujsh, dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Speaking of fantastic British commentators, Andrew Cotter who is a Scot and known for golf and athletics for the BBC has recently during lockdown started commentating his dogs. I have two labs, so to me it’s hilarious so thought I’d share might give others a laugh.

This is the link to his YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/admcotter

Enjoy!
    I got onto him the other day when a mate texted. Brilliant stuff.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I read right and BT left the commentary box during a game last week and started to pester the boundary rider with the same question over and over again (I think it was the Richmond/Swans game and BT wanted to know why Richmond couldn't get past the Swans zone) until the boundary rider basically cracked the shits? It was ether Lenny Hayes or Nick del Santo-I always mix those two up.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Is there a way or marrying a radio broadcast to the telly without the delay?

I watched last night's game on mute but can't do that tonight.
    You can watch the game 1eyedog, with sound off, and commentate yourself. Problem solved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    You can watch the game 1eyedog, with sound off, and commentate yourself. Problem solved.
    The issue of course is that you can't see enough on the screen. The commentary team and special comments should help with what you can't see.

Post Thanks / Like

The issue of course is that you can't see enough on the screen. The commentary team and special comments should help with what you can't see.
    I wasn't serious BJ. But aren't the commentators only looking at a small screen since covid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I wasn't serious BJ. But aren't the commentators only looking at a small screen since covid?
    They have other cameras that there should have special comments people looking at and they have at least one as boundary rider each game.

It shouldn't be as difficult as they seem to make to get some quality information to the fans at home.

Post Thanks / Like

They have other cameras that there should have special comments people looking at and they have at least one as boundary rider each game.

It shouldn't be as difficult as they seem to make to get some quality information to the fans at home.
    Yeah, the commentators with the limited home view can't stop fawning over themselves and each other so those who can see don't get a chance to speak unless spoken to.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

True. To be frank it doesn't bother me as much as it does other Woofers. But I can understand their frustration.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah, the commentators with the limited home view can't stop fawning over themselves and each other so those who can see don't get a chance to speak unless spoken to.
    That is where you really need a good director and not let the on air people control it.