Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Did I read right and BT left the commentary box during a game last week and started to pester the boundary rider with the same question over and over again (I think it was the Richmond/Swans game and BT wanted to know why Richmond couldn't get past the Swans zone) until the boundary rider basically cracked the shits? It was ether Lenny Hayes or Nick del Santo-I always mix those two up.
    No you didn't read that correctly.

BT wouldn't have been is Sydney all the commentators are calling from the TV broadcast and only the boundary rider is at the game. I think you will find that neither Nick Dal Santo or Lenny Hayes don't work for channel 7.

With the TV commentators having to call off the TV - i.e the same footage we see week in week out I wonder if they will have the self awareness to adjust how the call the game once they are back at the grounds?

I somehow doubt it.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I couldn't help but laugh at BT's crack at Tom Morris last week.

I'm no fan of Tom Morris, but BT's implication that journos should just report the news and not make stuff up was hypocrisy at its finest.

Its not like BT has never been known to go on minute long rants about umpiring, rule changes, or any other bugbear he might have.
    Thought this was a quite harsh statement about bulldogtragic at first and didn't understand why everyone was piling onto of our number one recruiter, both real and hypothetical.

Post Thanks / Like

More insightful commentary in the GWS Brisbane game

Charlie Cameron has gone back to the goal square opposed to Heath Shaw and Derwayne suggests he should move out to the flank to change his opponent.

Within the next few minutes Cameron burns Shaw on the lead and marks and goals.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    More insightful commentary in the GWS Brisbane game

Charlie Cameron has gone back to the goal square opposed to Heath Shaw and Derwayne suggests he should move out to the flank to change his opponent.

Within the next few minutes Cameron burns Shaw on the lead and marks and goals.
    I like David King but that was ridiculous. Cameron deep on Shaw is absolutely a matchup Brisbane would want.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I like David King but that was ridiculous. Cameron deep on Shaw is absolutely a matchup Brisbane would want.
    Last night I started watching Foxtel's pre-game and normally I like David King. But, he went on and on about how great Essendon is, and just didn't let up. Basically no analysis of us. I mean at least talk about the strengths and weaknesses, and why you believe Essendon will win.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Last night I started watching Foxtel's pre-game and normally I like David King. But, he went on and on about how great Essendon is, and just didn't let up.
    He’s been on their bandwagon for a couple of years so he needs to keep flogging that dead horse till he finally rides it home.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    He’s been on their bandwagon for a couple of years so he needs to keep flogging that dead horse till he finally rides it home.
    Two years ago on Twitter he said they would win the premiership and I replied they would be lucky to make the 8. I reminded him at the end of season when they missed.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two years ago on Twitter he said they would win the premiership and I replied they would be lucky to make the 8. I reminded him at the end of season when they missed.
    He's seems steely determined to keep flying that flag though
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

King is the proverbial kiss of death
    Like Jordan Lewis , good addition
    Jimmy Bartel is pretty good .
    Just self indulgence central to be honest . Can’t stand Derwayne and Dermie ( he just talks to much )
    Lot of people hate Whateley, but I think he’s decent .Taylor is terrible and Bruce is creepy

Post Thanks / Like

The pre-game was awful
    King had the house on Essendon
    You would think we were playing a powerhouse

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Only you can't ride the dead horse home. You can only get to the knackery. Perhaps David needs some glue.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got stuck into Dwayne Russell on Twitter one day because he kept calling Caleb Daniel "Caleb Daniels".

He replied almost immediately telling me he wasn't even at the game and it was Gerard Healy doing it. He was actually pretty gracious about it and so he's scored some credits from me.

Naturally I deleted my Twitter account.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes azabob, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I got stuck into Dwayne Russell on Twitter one day because he kept calling Caleb Daniel "Caleb Daniels".

He replied almost immediately telling me he wasn't even at the game and it was Gerard Healy doing it. He was actually pretty gracious about it and so he's scored some credits from me.

Naturally I deleted my Twitter account.
    Twitter is awesome for that sort of thing. I sucked Jeff Kennett into a spiteful argument a couple of weeks ago. I could almost pinpoint the exact time it occurred to him that arguing with randoms like me on social media was doing him no good at all.

I enjoyed it thoroughly though.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

17. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think I’ll be able to stand Bruce dog whistling about wanting to root Rankine next week.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Twitter is awesome for that sort of thing. I sucked Jeff Kennett into a spiteful argument a couple of weeks ago. I could almost pinpoint the exact time it occurred to him that arguing with randoms like me on social media was doing him no good at all.

I enjoyed it thoroughly though.
    This is a digression off topic I need to hear...….
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

20. Likes Twodogs liked this post