Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Heard Bruce MaCaveny say he is almost 60 years old, boy didn't realise that. I know plenty of people don't like him, but I don't mind his voice, although he does say some ridiculous things sometimes.
    I'm so sick of him it's not funny.

Apart from the fact he doesn't give the viewer sufficient credit to understand what's happening without the benefit of his hyper-definitions, he sexualises indigenous footballers and says perverted things such as "you'd love to be tackled by Chris Judd wouldn't you" after said player's committed an act of sheer bastardry.

His mania really freaks me out, to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm so sick of him it's not funny. He sexualises indigenous footballers, says perverted things such as "you'd love to be tackled by Chris Judd wouldn't you" after said player's committed an act of sheer bastardry, and doesn't give the viewer sufficient credit to understand what's happening without the benefit of his hyper-definitions.

I think he should be forced to wear pants when he's commentating.
    That's funny

Personally I prefer listening to the ABC commentary, I don't like any of the TV commentators per se
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny

Personally I prefer listening to the ABC commentary, I don't like any of the TV commentators per se
    Mate, I edited as I thought it a touch inappropriate!

Agree the ABC is where it's at. The commercial radio networks sound like you're listening to a continuous advertising jingle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm so sick of him it's not funny.

Apart from the fact he doesn't give the viewer sufficient credit to understand what's happening without the benefit of his hyper-definitions, he sexualises indigenous footballers and says perverted things such as "you'd love to be tackled by Chris Judd wouldn't you" after said player's committed an act of sheer bastardry.

His mania really freaks me out, to be honest.
    Describes how I feel about him perfectly. I actually feel physically ill listening to his commentary. I'd prefer to listen to Dwayne Russell and he's a complete *!*!*!*!wit!

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce Macaveiny makes me absolutely nauseous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I'd prefer to listen to Dwayne Russell and he's a complete *!*!*!*!wit!
    He really spoils Fox Footy.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, way to reanimate a thread that's been dead for over 5 years.
    Btw I still love Gerard Whateley. If he didn't love horse racing so much, he'd be perfect...
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

He really spoils Fox Footy.
    He does. Fox has some of the worst on air talent imaginable- Russell, Glen "da I'm from Perf" Jackovic, Paul "can I just interrupt to talk about Sydney" Roos, Mark "can I make everything about me" Robinson, Alistair Lynch, Tony Shaw... The list goes on.

Post Thanks / Like

He does. Fox has some of the worst on air talent imaginable- Russell, Glen "da I'm from Perf" Jackovic, Paul "can I just interrupt to talk about Sydney" Roos, Mark "can I make everything about me" Robinson, Alistair Lynch, Tony Shaw... The list goes on.
    I love how you use the word talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony Hudson a shining light though, always professional and concise

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have Fox but I assume Gerard Healy warrants inclusion on that list. I also assume he's still there.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I don't have Fox but I assume Gerard Healy warrants inclusion on that list. I also assume he's still there.
    He is and he's shit too. Really only Huddo, Gerard Whately, and David King (who I hated as a player btw) come to mind as being good. Brereton and Dunstall can be entertaining on the non-game day shows, Mark Stevens is good but is gone now, and the rest are atrocious.

Russell
    Roos
    Jackovich
    Pickering
    Sheahan
    Robinson
    Shaw
    Lynch
    Frawley

Fox Footy's coverage is excellent but they have assembled the worst line up of commentators on tv, worse even the channel 9's cricket.

Post Thanks / Like

This is an old thread. Grybas was one of the best IMO. Miss him.

Don't care for many of them on the TV. Don't know who's there this year, don't care because I know what I'm getting. McAvaney I've never been able to take, Cometti just tries to hard to be funny and fails. Then Saturday night with Taylor and Richo all you get to hear about is ink and wanker hair do's.

ABC does me fine when it comes to radio. I actually want to hear what's happening at the game rather than listening to uneducated twits screaming over each other.

I don't mind the VFL commentary team. Donergan, Ryhs-Jones, Cleary and the other young guy who's name escapes me get the job done and do it well.

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce is to gushing for mine.
    Russell is an over opinionated wind bag
    Huddo's very line and length ( that's good)
    Eddie's pretty good for mine
    Basil Zemphlis don't get me started
    Brian Taylor Is he commentating on a game of footy?
    Gerard Whately outstanding commentator voice of common sense in the whole Bomber Peptides scandal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Bruce is to gushing for mine.
    Russell is an over opinionated wind bag
    Huddo's very line and length ( that's good)
    Eddie's pretty good for mine
    Basil Zemphlis don't get me started
    Brian Taylor Is he commentating on a game of footy?
    Gerard Whately outstanding commentator voice of common sense in the whole Bomber Peptides scandal
    Actually McGuire is a good call. He's the opposite to Dunstall and Brereton for me, I don't mind him calling games but can't stand him on the footy related shows.